Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perspective Europa XS purchase - Questions for

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brian(at)mycarpetsource.c

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Perspective Europa XS purchase - Questions for Reply with quote

Steven,
You have hit on a very sensitive subject for me. I am 6' 4" 260lbs and the biggest Europa pilot I know personally. After I mostly finished my airframe and before I purchased firewall forward and instruments, I decide to spend some quality time in the left seat with John at Europa (DUH?). I quickly decided to sell my project and start building a C-130 Hercules. After Getting a price on the C-130, I decided to try to make my Europa fit. I made many mods to help work it out so don't think just because I fit in mine you will fit in any Europa. The two areas of easiest manipulation are the lumbar support and the seat cushion thickness. I am 39" from ass in seat to the top of my head. The Europa with no cushion is 37" straight up. A thick lumbar will push your lower body forward giving more head room; that is until your knees hit the panel. While sitting, from the bottom of my shoes to my back as it rest on the seat is 51". I moved my rudder pedals 1" forward. I a
lso trashed the mono wheel and elected for the conventional gear. This allowed me to cut some relief into the console and move my body more toward the center highest part of the canopy (whew). I use 1" thick temper-foam for a seat cushion and fit well enough to be comfortable for 3 hours. So I would surmise if you measure 50" or less from bottom of shoe to your back while seated and 38" or less from ass to head top while seated you will be at least as comfortable as I am. I every other way this is the best most fun aircraft for the money I can imagine.
P.S. I almost forgot. If your looking at a Classic Europa, nothing I said matters because the foot well is shorter.
Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
josok-e(at)ukolo.fi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Perspective Europa XS purchase - Questions for Reply with quote

Did i say somehing wrong?

Kind Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Perspective Europa XS purchase - Questions for Reply with quote

Jos,

In my mind you did not.

In fact I thought also
it would be valuable
to get to know those
dangerous building errors
= "not-so-good -points".

Maybe you managed to stir
the bee-hive. I know one case
where honourable inspector
asked builder to raise the flaps
(monowheel). I have to say this
happened outside of Finland
last autumn. By telling this story
I try to explain "inspected" plane
is not same as "faultless and safe"
plane. Some of those inspectors
are only "papermen" w/o any
understanding of any plane.

Wishes, Raimo
==========
Raimo M W Toivio

OH-XRT Europa XS Mono #417, completed
OH-CVK C172 Skyhawk, under reinterioring
OH-BLL Beechcraft C45, w radial engines (grounded)

37500 Lempaala
Finland
tel + 358 3 3753 777
fax + 358 3 3753 100
gsm + 358 40 590 1450

raimo.toivio(at)rwm.fi
www.rwm.fi

do not archive
---

josok-e(at)ukolo.fi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Perspective Europa XS purchase - Questions for Reply with quote

Thanks Willie for sharing those nasties with us. It's an impressive list, and i Will once more check my project for those errors mentioned.

I personally don't rely on an inspector to find the errors for me, after all it will by my skin first if something goes wrong. For instance when i pressurized the fuel system and checked everything with soapy water i was shocked to find 5 places were bubbles appeared. Two of them were only finger tight connections, two bad flares ( i use alu tubing) And one inch to mil connection leaking. The place i expected to leak, araldite connections, were all sound. I still hope my kit's interior will not smell after fuel Smile

In my humble opinion your ( PFA's) inspection system takes the responsibility away from the builder, or at least could form that impression. But i am an outsider, no offence please.

Kind Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: