Mod 72

irampil(at)notes.cc.sunys
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Mod 72 Reply with quote

Any idea as to why this "mandatory" modification is not classified as a Service Bulletin.
(In the US, it is SB which are rated as Airworthiness Directives)
It was not on the web site last week when I completed my Annual

Ira N224XS [quote][b]

TELEDYNMCS(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Mod 72 Reply with quote

Greetings all,

Reading through SB72 it says that engine installations OTR (other than Rotax) should contact Europa directly for a solution to SB72.

Anyone know off hand who the new technical contact is at Europa? Their website sill shows Andy's e-mail, but I seem to recall he's left the company for greener pastures.

Regards

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN (TN89)
N245E - Flying 75.7 hours and not particularly happy this morning......

MJKTuck(at)cs.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Mod 72 Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I would be interested into any facts regarding the single failure that seems to have occurred after all these years and thousands of fleet hours. Number of hours, number of landings, heavy landing history, operation from grass, etc.

Like the tailplane drive pin mod (caused by one failure) I will no doubt carry out this mod as it is factory recommended/mandatory in the UK even though it seems at first to be a knee-jerk reaction to what may be a unique incident.

Regards,
Martin Tuck
Europa N152MT
Wichita, Kansas [quote][b]

willie.harrison(at)tinyon
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Mod 72 Reply with quote

Yes, I completely agree with Martin's sentiment. Aircraft should not designed like tractors and are therefore always susceptible to abusive treatment. There comes a point where you have to point a finger at the pilot for breaking his aircraft, not at the aircraft for not being bombproof.
Safe Flying

Willie Harrison G-BZNY

On 13 Jan 2007, at 16:28, MJKTuck(at)cs.com (MJKTuck(at)cs.com) wrote:
Quote:
Hi Folks,

I would be interested into any facts regarding the single failure that seems to have occurred after all these years and thousands of fleet hours. Number of hours, number of landings, heavy landing history, operation from grass, etc.

Like the tailplane drive pin mod (caused by one failure) I will no doubt carry out this mod as it is factory recommended/mandatory in the UK even though it seems at first to be a knee-jerk reaction to what may be a unique incident.

Regards,
Martin Tuck
Europa N152MT
Wichita, Kansas
Quote:

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com

wdaniell(at)etb.net.co
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Mod 72 Reply with quote

By the way how does the internal sleeve (that’s a contradiction I know) stay there. Does it get reduxed in?

[...]

[quote]

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List">http://www.matronhref="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com

[b]

carl(at)flyers.freeserve.
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Mod 72 Reply with quote

For once im glad we have an OLD aircraft with the simple ground adjustable prop.

I suspect prop balance comes into the equation as well. We decided to get the prop checked for balance last year (first time ever). Spent 2 hrs adding and removing washers but ended exactly with the same setup we started off with (ie: no extra washers). So I guess the prop has been in balance all this time.

Were carrying out the annual/100hr engine service tomorrow so will check and see if theres anything to worry about.

Carl Pattinson

G-LABS
[quote] ---

irampil(at)notes.cc.sunys
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Mod 72 Reply with quote

Hi All,

Where is E04? They actually did mention the new mod in the new Tech Bulletin (available on the website, as usual)
I doubt they have all the EMail addresses of current owners in the company. Recall that they also seem to have a
policy against offical posting in the mail-list. Why, I don't know.

Ira N224XS [quote][b]

rlborger(at)mac.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Mod 72 Reply with quote

Fellow Europaphiles,

I have placed an order with E04 for Mod 72. John Wheeler replied that the Mod 72 parts should start shipping in about 3 weeks.

For those of us in the U.S., I am trying to find a local source for a 16.5mm hand reamer. If I can source one, I'll be glad to share it as needed.

Good building and great flying,
Bob Borger

jrgowing(at)bigpond.net.a
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:57 am    Post subject: Mod 72 Reply with quote

John
Try Roger Bull
roger(at)europa-aircraft.com (roger(at)europa-aircraft.com)
If he is not the one then he should pass it on appropriately.
Bob Gowing

Do not archive
[quote] ---

SteveD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Mod 72 Reply with quote

A little googling got this:

http://www.msdiscount.com/store/columnar.aspx?cat_id 441&category_site=STARTOOL

8600165 MEDA - SUPERIOR IMPORT 16.5mm / 87mm LOC / 175mm OAL / Straight Flute $26.85
Steved
Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org