Another reality check

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
eagerlee

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Another reality check Reply with quote

I just learned of the ten month lead time on the RV-10 engine mount for a Lycoming XIO-540. Bummer! Is anyone willing to swap delivery for my January of 2022? I will soon be ready to do my engine install using Van’s kits and I am a patient builder (the only way to be, right?) but if there is a way to improve my timeline I would consider it. Thank you all for being a great support mechanism in this journey.

Paul
Kit # 203

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Kelly McMullen

Joined: 16 Apr 2008
Location: Sun Lakes AZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:22 pm    Post subject: Another reality check Reply with quote

AFAIK nothing has changed on the engine mount for the last 15 years, and the engine variety doesn't matter unless it takes something other than Dynafocal, and even then the mounting ears can be changed.
Quote:
So engine mount from any builder that is further back on their build would work.

On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 1:50 PM eagerlee <eagerlee(at)comcast.net (eagerlee(at)comcast.net)> wrote:

Quote:
--> RV10-List message posted by: "eagerlee" <eagerlee(at)comcast.net (eagerlee(at)comcast.net)>

I just learned of the ten month lead time on the RV-10 engine mount for a Lycoming XIO-540. Bummer! Is anyone willing to swap delivery for my January of 2022? I will soon be ready to do my engine install using Van’s kits and I am a patient builder (the only way to be, right?) but if there is a way to improve my timeline I would consider it. Thank you all for being a great support mechanism in this journey.

Paul
Kit # 203

===========
-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
===========
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
===========
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
===========
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
===========

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Kelly McMullen
A&P/IA, EAA Tech Counselor
KCHD
jump2(at)sbcglobal.net
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject: Another reality check Reply with quote

It has changed there’s new design in it. Look at new parts. I ordered it a couple months ago it was 6-9 months then. Replacing original one. 2250$

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

=================================== =================================== =================================== =================================== ===================================

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Kellym

Location: Sun Lakes AZ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject: Another reality check Reply with quote

Changed in what way? Just curious, as can find no mention of it.
All of the SB on nose gear involve parts not on the mount. I just
finished reviewing every service bulletin as part of my condition
inspection. Maybe there are improvements, but none are reflected in SBs.
I see the part number has had a -1 added, but see no information about
what is actually different. Would love to know what, when, why.
Kelly

On 4/1/2021 5:49 PM, Patrick Thyssen wrote:
Quote:
It has changed there’s new design in it. Look at new parts. I ordered it
a couple months ago it was 6-9 months then. Replacing original one. 2250$

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 1, 2021, at 7:34 PM, Kelly McMullen <apilot2(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>

> AFAIK nothing has changed on the engine mount for the last 15 years,
> and the engine variety doesn't matter unless it takes something other
> than Dynafocal, and even then the mounting ears can be changed.
> So engine mount from any builder that is further back on their build would work.
> On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 1:50 PM eagerlee <eagerlee(at)comcast.net
> <mailto:eagerlee(at)comcast.net>> wrote:
>

> <mailto:eagerlee(at)comcast.net>>
>
> I just learned of the ten month lead time on the RV-10 engine
> mount for a Lycoming XIO-540. Bummer! Is anyone willing to swap
> delivery for my January of 2022? I will soon be ready to do my
> engine install using Van’s kits and I am a patient builder (the
> only way to be, right?) but if there is a way to improve my
> timeline I would consider it. Thank you all for being a great
> support mechanism in this journey.
>
> Paul
> Kit # 203
>

> Read this topic online here:

> <http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=501194#501194>
> ===========
> -List" rel="noreferrer"
> target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
> ===========
> FORUMS -
> eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
> ===========
> WIKI -
> errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
> ===========
> b Site -
>           -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
> rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
> ===========
>
> ===================================

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Kelly McMullen
A&P/IA, EAA Tech Counselor # 5286
KCHD
jump2(at)sbcglobal.net
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject: Another reality check Reply with quote

I think The new motor mount is like the 14. Where the cushions are, it’s not solid but swivel or rotates. So the arm from nose gear to cushion is completely different. Cannot use old with new. No spacers under cap it’s spring. I don’t have the info with me but that’s the jest. Replaced nose gear once and then they’re design it. Wallow out bolt holes cracks to look for I gave up ordered new upgrade kit.
Right now doing gear weldments both of mine cracked. As per SB. Not much fun.
Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, at 9:52 PM, Kelly McMullen <kellym(at)aviating.com> wrote:

Changed in what way? Just curious, as can find no mention of it.
All of the SB on nose gear involve parts not on the mount. I just finished reviewing every service bulletin as part of my condition inspection. Maybe there are improvements, but none are reflected in SBs. I see the part number has had a -1 added, but see no information about what is actually different. Would love to know what, when, why.
Kelly

> On 4/1/2021 5:49 PM, Patrick Thyssen wrote:
> It has changed there’s new design in it. Look at new parts. I ordered it a couple months ago it was 6-9 months then. Replacing original one. 2250$
> Sent from my iPhone
>>> On Apr 1, 2021, at 7:34 PM, Kelly McMullen <apilot2(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> AFAIK nothing has changed on the engine mount for the last 15 years, and the engine variety doesn't matter unless it takes something other than Dynafocal, and even then the mounting ears can be changed.
>> So engine mount from any builder that is further back on their build would work.
>>

>>> On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 1:50 PM eagerlee <eagerlee(at)comcast.net <mailto:eagerlee(at)comcast.net>> wrote:
>>

>> <mailto:eagerlee(at)comcast.net>>
>>
>> I just learned of the ten month lead time on the RV-10 engine
>> mount for a Lycoming XIO-540. Bummer! Is anyone willing to swap
>> delivery for my January of 2022? I will soon be ready to do my
>> engine install using Van’s kits and I am a patient builder (the
>> only way to be, right?) but if there is a way to improve my
>> timeline I would consider it. Thank you all for being a great
>> support mechanism in this journey.
>>
>> Paul
>> Kit # 203
>>

>> Read this topic online here:
>>
>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=501194#501194
>> <http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=501194#501194>
>>

>> ===========
>> -List" rel="noreferrer"
>> target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
>> ===========
>> FORUMS -
>> eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
>> ===========
>> WIKI -
>> errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
>> ===========
>> b Site -
>> -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
>> rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
>> ===========
>>

>> =================================== =================================== =================================== =================================== ===================================
====================================

====================================
====================================
====================================
====================================
Quote:

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

image0.jpeg
 Filesize:  997.59 KB
 Viewed:  5270 Time(s)

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg
 Filesize:  763.02 KB
 Viewed:  5270 Time(s)

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg
 Filesize:  957.72 KB
 Viewed:  5270 Time(s)

image2.jpeg

Back to top
partner14

Location: Granbury Texas

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:55 am    Post subject: Another reality check Reply with quote

Patrick,just curious, what prop are you running?

On Friday, April 2, 2021, 02:00:30 AM CDT, Patrick Thyssen <jump2(at)sbcglobal.net> wrote:

I think The new motor mount is like the 14. Where the cushions are, it’s not solid but swivel or rotates. So the arm from nose gear to cushion is completely different. Cannot use old with new. No spacers under cap it’s spring. I don’t have the info with me but that’s the jest. Replaced nose gear once and then they’re design it. Wallow out bolt holes cracks to look for I gave up ordered new upgrade kit.

Right now doing gear weldments both of mine cracked. As per SB. Not much fun.
Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On Apr 1, 2021, at 9:52 PM, Kelly McMullen <kellym(at)aviating.com (kellym(at)aviating.com)> wrote:

--> RV10-List message posted by: Kelly McMullen <kellym(at)aviating.com (kellym(at)aviating.com)>

Changed in what way? Just curious, as can find no mention of it.
All of the SB on nose gear involve parts not on the mount. I just finished reviewing every service bulletin as part of my condition inspection. Maybe there are improvements, but none are reflected in SBs. I see the part number has had a -1 added, but see no information about what is actually different. Would love to know what, when, why.
Kelly

> On 4/1/2021 5:49 PM, Patrick Thyssen wrote:
> It has changed there’s new design in it. Look at new parts. I ordered it a couple months ago it was 6-9 months then. Replacing original one. 2250$
> Sent from my iPhone
>>> On Apr 1, 2021, at 7:34 PM, Kelly McMullen <apilot2(at)gmail.com (apilot2(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
>>

>> AFAIK nothing has changed on the engine mount for the last 15 years, and the engine variety doesn't matter unless it takes something other than Dynafocal, and even then the mounting ears can be changed.
>> So engine mount from any builder that is further back on their build would work.
>>

>>> On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 1:50 PM eagerlee <eagerlee(at)comcast.net (eagerlee(at)comcast.net) <mailto:eagerlee(at)comcast.net (eagerlee(at)comcast.net)>> wrote:
>>
>> --> RV10-List message posted by: "eagerlee" <eagerlee(at)comcast.net (eagerlee(at)comcast.net)
>> <mailto:eagerlee(at)comcast.net (eagerlee(at)comcast.net)>>
>>
>> I just learned of the ten month lead time on the RV-10 engine
>> mount for a Lycoming XIO-540. Bummer! Is anyone willing to swap
>> delivery for my January of 2022? I will soon be ready to do my
>> engine install using Van’s kits and I am a patient builder (the
>>   only way to be, right?) but if there is a way to improve my
>> timeline I would consider it. Thank you all for being a great
>> support mechanism in this journey.
>>
>> Paul
>> Kit # 203
>>

>> Read this topic online here:
>>
>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=501194#501194
>>   <http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=501194#501194>
>>

>> ===========
>>   -List" rel="noreferrer"
>> target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
>> ===========
>>  FORUMS -
>> eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
>> ===========
>> WIKI -
>> errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
>> ===========
>>  b Site -
>>   -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
>> rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
>> ===========
>>

>> ========== =================================== ========== =================================== ==========
====================================

===========
====================================
===========
====================================
Quote:

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Don A. McDonald
40636
Lenny Iszak

Joined: 23 Mar 2008

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:49 am    Post subject: Another reality check Reply with quote

The new engine mount looks like this:
[img]cid:DC944129-431D-41D1-A849-461D756AAB95[/img]
[img]cid:E2F922E5-F4B7-4438-A0DE-496B7B8F4C72[/img]

Lenny
Quote:

On Friday, April 2, 2021, 02:00:30 AM CDT, Patrick Thyssen <jump2(at)sbcglobal.net (jump2(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:

I think The new motor mount is like the 14. Where the cushions are, it’s not solid but swivel or rotates. So the arm from nose gear to cushion is completely different. Cannot use old with new. No spacers under cap it’s spring. I don’t have the info with me but that’s the jest. Replaced nose gear once and then they’re design it. Wallow out bolt holes cracks to look for I gave up ordered new upgrade kit.
Right now doing gear weldments both of mine cracked. As per SB. Not much fun.
Sent from my iPad> On Apr 1, 2021, at 9:52 PM, Kelly McMullen <kellym(at)aviating.com (kellym(at)aviating.com)> wrote:> > --> RV10-List message posted by: Kelly McMullen <kellym(at)aviating.com (kellym(at)aviating.com)>> > Changed in what way? Just curious, as can find no mention of it.> All of the SB on nose gear involve parts not on the mount. I just finished reviewing every service bulletin as part of my condition inspection. Maybe there are improvements, but none are reflected in SBs. I see the part number has had a -1 added, but see no information about what is actually different. Would love to know what, when, why.> Kelly> >> On 4/1/2021 5:49 PM, Patrick Thyssen wrote:>> It has changed there’s new design in it. Look at new parts. I ordered it a couple months ago it was 6-9 months then. Replacing original one. 2250$>> Sent from my iPhone>>>> On Apr 1, 2021, at 7:34 PM, Kelly McMullen <apilot2(at)gmail.com (apilot2(at)gmail.com)> wrote:>>> >>> >>> AFAIK nothing has changed on the engine mount for the last 15 years, and the engine variety doesn't matter unless it takes something other than Dynafocal, and even then the mounting ears can be changed.>>> So engine mount from any builder that is further back on their build would work.>>> >>> >>>> On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 1:50 PM eagerlee <eagerlee(at)comcast.net (eagerlee(at)comcast.net) <mailto:eagerlee(at)comcast.net (eagerlee(at)comcast.net)>> wrote:>>> >>> --> RV10-List message posted by: "eagerlee" <eagerlee(at)comcast.net (eagerlee(at)comcast.net)>>> <mailto:eagerlee(at)comcast.net (eagerlee(at)comcast.net)>>>>> >>> I just learned of the ten month lead time on the RV-10 engine>>> mount for a Lycoming XIO-540. Bummer! Is anyone willing to swap>>> delivery for my January of 2022? I will soon be ready to do my>>> engine install using Van’s kits and I am a patient builder (the>>> only way to be, right?) but if there is a way to improve my>>> timeline I would consider it. Thank you all for being a great>>> support mechanism in this journey.>>> >>> Paul>>> Kit # 203>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> Read this topic online here:>>> >>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=501194#501194>>> <http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=501194#501194>>>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> >>> ===========>>> -List" rel="noreferrer">>> target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List>>> ===========>>> FORUMS ->>> eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com>>> ===========>>> WIKI ->>> errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com>>> ===========>>> b Site ->>> -Matt Dralle, List Admin.>>> rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution>>> ===========>>> >>> >>> >>> ========== =================================== ========== ========== ========== ==================================================================================================================================> > >

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

PastedGraphic-5.png
 Filesize:  998.77 KB
 Viewed:  5263 Time(s)

PastedGraphic-5.png

PastedGraphic-4.png
 Filesize:  567.67 KB
 Viewed:  5263 Time(s)

PastedGraphic-4.png

_________________
Lenny Iszak
Palm City, FL
2014 RV-10, N311LZ - 500 hrs
Kellym

Location: Sun Lakes AZ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject: Another reality check Reply with quote

Yes, as I said to Patrick in a private email, once it was pointed out on
the revised plans, the change to the nose gear attach is obvious, but
Vans does not have anything on their support web page, no change
description, no SB, no nothing. We only have the SB on the attach at the
bottom of the mount, which is a change to the nose gear itself. As well
as the SB for the nose gear donut mounting plate from several years
back. Wonder if the new engine mount and shock disk mount has benefits
to those of us that only operate off paved runways (not to mention
making greaser landings like all RV pilots 8^)). Perhaps reduce
potential for nose gear shimmy? I see Van's finally addressed the nose
wheel bearing torque issue that the early builders pointed out in time
for later builders, to get the Matco axle or other axle that allowed
torquing regardless of how tight the axle bolt is.

On 4/2/2021 7:48 AM, Lenny Iszak wrote:
Quote:
The new engine mount looks like this:

Lenny

> On Apr 2, 2021, at 9:55 AM, Don McDonald <building_partner(at)yahoo.com
> <mailto:building_partner(at)yahoo.com>> wrote:
>
> Patrick,just curious, what prop are you running?
> On Friday, April 2, 2021, 02:00:30 AM CDT, Patrick Thyssen
> <jump2(at)sbcglobal.net <mailto:jump2(at)sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
> I think The new motor mount is like the 14. Where the cushions are,
> it’s not solid but swivel or rotates. So the arm from nose gear to
> cushion is completely different. Cannot use old with new. No spacers
> under cap it’s spring. I don’t have the info with me but that’s the
> jest. Replaced nose gear once and then they’re design it. Wallow out
> bolt holes cracks to look for I gave up ordered new upgrade kit.
> Right now doing gear weldments both of mine cracked. As per SB. Not
> much fun.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Kelly McMullen
A&P/IA, EAA Tech Counselor # 5286
KCHD
Tim Olson

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject: Another reality check Reply with quote

Interesting. I had no idea. That's exactly like my RV-14.

There are things I like about it, but, it is a noisy system on bumpy
taxiways.

Tim

On 4/2/21 9:48 AM, Lenny Iszak wrote:
Quote:
The new engine mount looks like this:

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
rjones560xl@gmail.com

Joined: 29 Jul 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: Another reality check Reply with quote

The new engine mount has had a major change where the nose gear attaches to it. Look at the new parts on Vans website. It is quite different.

Robert Jones

Quote:
On Apr 2, 2021, at 9:41 AM, Kelly McMullen <kellym(at)aviating.com> wrote:

Changed in what way? Just curious, as can find no mention of it.
All of the SB on nose gear involve parts not on the mount. I just finished reviewing every service bulletin as part of my condition inspection. Maybe there are improvements, but none are reflected in SBs. I see the part number has had a -1 added, but see no information about what is actually different. Would love to know what, when, why.
Kelly

> On 4/1/2021 5:49 PM, Patrick Thyssen wrote:
> It has changed there’s new design in it. Look at new parts. I ordered it a couple months ago it was 6-9 months then. Replacing original one. 2250$
> Sent from my iPhone
>>> On Apr 1, 2021, at 7:34 PM, Kelly McMullen <apilot2(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> AFAIK nothing has changed on the engine mount for the last 15 years, and the engine variety doesn't matter unless it takes something other than Dynafocal, and even then the mounting ears can be changed.
>> So engine mount from any builder that is further back on their build would work.
>>

>>> On Thu, Apr 1, 2021 at 1:50 PM eagerlee <eagerlee(at)comcast.net <mailto:eagerlee(at)comcast.net>> wrote:
>>

>> <mailto:eagerlee(at)comcast.net>>
>>
>> I just learned of the ten month lead time on the RV-10 engine
>> mount for a Lycoming XIO-540. Bummer! Is anyone willing to swap
>> delivery for my January of 2022? I will soon be ready to do my
>> engine install using Van’s kits and I am a patient builder (the
>> only way to be, right?) but if there is a way to improve my
>> timeline I would consider it. Thank you all for being a great
>> support mechanism in this journey.
>>
>> Paul
>> Kit # 203
>>

>> Read this topic online here:
>>
>> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=501194#501194
>> <http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=501194#501194>
>>

>> ===========
>> -List" rel="noreferrer"
>> target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
>> ===========
>> FORUMS -
>> eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
>> ===========
>> WIKI -
>> errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
>> ===========
>> b Site -
>> -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
>> rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
>> ===========
>>

>> =================================== =================================== =================================== =================================== ===================================

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Robert J Jones
702-521-1840
rjones560xl@gmail.com

Joined: 29 Jul 2015
Location: Las Vegas, NV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject: Another reality check Reply with quote

I suspect there is not any real problem with the older design after the donut mounting plate was added. I think that the change may have been to lower total parts across the fleet by using some parts from the RV14 so that they were the same. They used an inappropriate nose wheel on the 10 because they had it in stock. I used the Matco wheels and brakes and the Matco front axle.

I think Van’s does a very good job with their designs. They are great performers and quite stout. They are easily up to the job. However there is always room for improvement at a cost. I have a pile of after market improvements on my 10. Particularly the doors and firewall forward. I am not sorry about any of those choices despite the extra work and expense. My doors are stiff and reliably close snugly. I have a Barrett 540-X that puts out 290 hp with a Showplanes cowl and a Whirlwind carbon fiber prop. Cooling is adequate when it is 110F in the desert.

I have no complaint on my 10 nose gear so far, but I only have 150 hours and a little over 150 landings so far. I only land on grass at M99 when I am visiting one of my brothers who own it. He keeps it really smooth and I don’t think it puts any extra wear and tear on anything.

Robert Jones

Quote:
On Apr 3, 2021, at 12:37 PM, Kelly McMullen <kellym(at)aviating.com> wrote:

Yes, as I said to Patrick in a private email, once it was pointed out on the revised plans, the change to the nose gear attach is obvious, but Vans does not have anything on their support web page, no change description, no SB, no nothing. We only have the SB on the attach at the bottom of the mount, which is a change to the nose gear itself. As well as the SB for the nose gear donut mounting plate from several years back. Wonder if the new engine mount and shock disk mount has benefits to those of us that only operate off paved runways (not to mention making greaser landings like all RV pilots 8^)). Perhaps reduce potential for nose gear shimmy? I see Van's finally addressed the nose wheel bearing torque issue that the early builders pointed out in time for later builders, to get the Matco axle or other axle that allowed torquing regardless of how tight the axle bolt is.

> On 4/2/2021 7:48 AM, Lenny Iszak wrote:
> The new engine mount looks like this:
> Lenny
>>> On Apr 2, 2021, at 9:55 AM, Don McDonald <building_partner(at)yahoo.com <mailto:building_partner(at)yahoo.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Patrick,just curious, what prop are you running?
>>

>>> On Friday, April 2, 2021, 02:00:30 AM CDT, Patrick Thyssen <jump2(at)sbcglobal.net <mailto:jump2(at)sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>>

>> I think The new motor mount is like the 14. Where the cushions are, it’s not solid but swivel or rotates. So the arm from nose gear to cushion is completely different. Cannot use old with new. No spacers under cap it’s spring. I don’t have the info with me but that’s the jest. Replaced nose gear once and then they’re design it. Wallow out bolt holes cracks to look for I gave up ordered new upgrade kit.
>> Right now doing gear weldments both of mine cracked. As per SB. Not much fun.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

Robert J Jones
702-521-1840
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours