Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK pilots - online GAR submission being trialled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aspenbuild(at)me.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:58 am    Post subject: UK pilots - online GAR submission being trialled Reply with quote

Thanks Roland,
A couple of general questions for the wiser ones amongst you.

I live in Portugal and the last time I left the Uk from Dunsfold, I was grilled a bit from customs at Biggin for not filing a GAR to LEAVE the Uk.

With SkyDemon, GAR should automatically be generated when you submit the flight-plan, but I’m not 100% certain this can be relied on. Back it up with same info via this service?

Richard

103 Mono
Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On 20 Jul 2019, at 14:06, Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson(at)gmail.com> wrote:

In case UK pilots have not seen the announcement, I report that the UK Border Force are running a trial of an online GAR form submission system.

You can register at:

https://www.submit-general-aviation-report.service.gov.uk/welcome/index

It’s a 2-stage process - first confirm your e-mail address and then get a ID (=password) for logging in.

I’m not ready to use such a system yet myself (maybe by next year!), but it looks very promising & hassle-saving.

in friendship

Rowland

| Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
| <rowlandcarson(at)gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk
| Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Hitchflight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: UK pilots - online GAR submission being trialled Reply with quote

Hi Richard

No GAR required when leaving the U.K.

Except

▪️If going to Isle of Man, the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands
▪️If you are travelling to those European Countries such as The Netherlands who fully re-adopted the GAR system a few years ago. In this context your Skydemon effectively helps populate the inbound Dutch document. A return outbound document is also required. Keep electronic receipts. Cleverly the Sky Demon recognises the extra need EU GAR need and when needed. It is not U.K. specific.

The Irish Republic have introduced a GAR: From my perspective there is a lack of consistency of application of the rules within the Republic of Ireland. I am certain the Irish would acknowledge that themselves. They are endeavouring to remedy. Example Weston requires 24 hours notice and the compiling an Irish GAR in addition to the U.K. GAR for both out bound and inbound. i.e. like we now experience for The Netherlands. There is no exemption for the Common Travel Area.
The confusion comes about from different rules prepared in 2016 and now increasingly applied. Initially these new proposed Irish rules did not take fully into account that some Irish airports are publicly owned and some are privately owned. Furthermore remember a lot of this reappraisal has occurred in readiness for Brexit from the perspective of the Irish Republic.
That being said the Irish are incredibly welcoming and understanding.
The advice is to speak to the intended airfield of arrival and or use the forms on the selected airfields website or indeed manual document creation.
The Irish officials themselves are grappling with the changes coming in.
Skydemon would normal automatically prompts the correct form for all countries. The exception being Ireland where a manual download of an Irish Republic GAR is necessary, at the moment (to be fair to Skydemon, the product assumes consistency).

Links below.

Official sources:

https://www.revenue.ie/en/tax-professionals/tdm/customs/Aviation-and-Marine/civil-aviation-manual.pdf
The new Republic of Ireland GAR
https://flyinginireland.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/IrishGARForm.pdf
Looking forward. Further changes expected in 2020. And of course potential Brexit may impact detail. Good idea to keep under review. As there may be changes depending on which of the three types of airport/airstrip you use:

A. U.K. DESIGNATED: e.g. , Biggin Hill, Cambridge, East Midlands Airport. Noting that these airports have a requirement to notify to book out.
B. GENERAL AVIATION AGREEMENT AERODROMES: e.g. Elstree, Tatenhill
C. PRIVATE AIRFIELDS AND AIRSTRIPS (Everywhere else) e.g. Coal Aston Airstrip

Each have a specific advance notification time or combination.

Trust that helps?

Will you be in Portugal when the Europa formation passes through in September? Or maybe you may join our group led by David Park? Five Europas in the formation to date. (Noting Spain now requires an AUTORIZACION VUELO EN ESPAÑA)
Regards

Bob

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: