woodcomp prop controller surplus

rowlandcarson(at)gmail.co
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: woodcomp prop controller surplus Reply with quote

I have a Woodcomp propeller controller that came with my SR3000/3W propeller. I’m using Mark Burton’s CSC-1 constant speed controller and so do not need the Woodcomp one. It has 2 buttons and 2 lights, marked “FINE” and “COARSE”. It’s about 68mm across and would mount in a circular hole about 44mm diameter.

I wonder if anyone in the Europa community would care to have it? I don’t imagine that I will ever want to use it but it doesn’t feel right to chuck it in the “small electrical items” recycling skip.

The connector comes with it but I have cut the wires off short to give me maximum flexibility in my wiring loom.

If anyone would like it, they can have it for the cost of postage. Please let me know if you are interested.

in friendship

Rowland

| Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
| <rowlandcarson(at)gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk
| Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson

kheindl(at)msn.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: woodcomp prop controller surplus Reply with quote

Hi Rowland,

If I were you I would hang on to that one. You have no guarantee that there will be
lifetime support for the CSC-1.
Karl
--> Europa-List message posted by: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson(at)gmail.com>

I have a Woodcomp propeller controller that came with my SR3000/3W propeller. Im using Mark Burtons CSC-1 constant speed controller and so do not need the Woodcomp one. It has 2 buttons and 2 lights, marked FINE and COARSE. Its about 68mm across and would mount in a circular hole about 44mm diameter.

I wonder if anyone in the Europa community would care to have it? I dont imagine that I will ever want to use it but it doesnt feel right to chuck it in the small electrical items recycling skip.

The connector comes with it but I have cut the wires off short to give me maximum flexibility in my wiring loom.

If anyone would like it, they can have it for the cost of postage. Please let me know if you are interested.

in friendship

Rowland

| Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
| <rowlandcarson(at)gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk
| Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson

===========
st Email Forum -
pa-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
===========
p; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
ums.matronics.com
===========
p; - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
matronics.com
===========
p; - List Contribution Web Site -
p; -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
http://www.matronics.com/contribution

Patrick Tunney

Joined: 24 Sep 2010

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:42 am    Post subject: Re: woodcomp prop controller surplus Reply with quote

Rowland

I need a woodcomp controller. I have the prop but no controller. Do you have a private e-mail.

Thanks

Pat

G-SUSE

rowlandcarson(at)gmail.co
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:41 am    Post subject: woodcomp prop controller surplus Reply with quote

On 2016-08-27, at 23:59, Karl Heindl <kheindl(at)msn.com> wrote:

Quote:
If I were you I would hang on to that one. You have no guarantee that there will be
lifetime support for the CSC-1.

Karl - thanks for the thought. If the CSC-1 dies on me and Mark cant fix it, Id buy a Woodcomp constant-speed unit. Their latest ones seem to offer similar capability to Marks unit now, although when I bought my prop their constant-speed controllers were, as I recall, a bit more agricultural.

And for anyone else thinking of asking for my controller, Ive already had 3 requests and am trying to discern the most deserving case!

in friendship

Rowland

| Rowland Carson ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...
| <rowlandcarson(at)gmail.com> http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk
| Skype, Twitter: rowland_carson Facebook: Rowland Carson

kheindl(at)msn.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: woodcomp prop controller surplus Reply with quote

I think agricultural is the right word. I spent a whole summer trying to get it to work, and I am glad to hear that they have a decent unit now.