Large head aluminum rivets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
herbgh

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

Just noticed that Aircraft Spruce has 100 large head eight by eight aluminum rivets for 22 dollars and change...Likely the same rivet for sale on EBay 1000 for 28 bucks... I have 6 wings to cover and paint...guess who will get my business.? Smile Herb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1000-Aluminum-POP-Rivets-Large-Flange-1-8-x-1-8-Grip-Quantity-Price-Breaks-/360556490046?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53f2d76d3e

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Carolina Flyer

Joined: 03 Oct 2010
Location: Buffalo, South Carolina

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

I have a source that has these rivets for 500 for $14.62 just I case you do not need 1000
http://www.autotoolworld.com/Marson-40214-Abl42A-AlumAlum-Blind-Rivet-Packaged-Pack-Of-500_p_123414.html

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
Kolb Firestar II
503 C-Box / RK400
Soon to have a
Rotax 670 DCDI
with a C-Box and
RK 400 Clutch

Challenger II
503 Tall Drive

Location : Buffalo South Carolina
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
mojavjoe

Joined: 23 Dec 2013

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

Wicks has 3/8 dome head x 1/8 rivets at $6.62/100

--> Kolb-List message posted by: "Carolina Flyer" <joe.a.lawson(at)gmail.com>

I have a source that has these rivets for 500 for $14.62 just I case you do not need 1000
http://www.autotoolworld.com/Marson-40214-Abl42A-AlumAlum-Blind-Rivet-Packaged-Pack-Of-500_p_123414.html

--------
Kolb Firestar II
503 C-Box / RK400
Soon to have a
Rotax 670 DCDI
with a C-Box and
RK 400 Clutch

Challenger II
503 Tall Drive

Location : Buffalo South Carolina

bsp; -================

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Herbgh(at)nctc.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

Free shipping and no tax...likely makes the Ebay merchant cheaper..? I
just ordered 500...

Herb

On 05/18/2015 02:18 AM, Carolina Flyer wrote:
Quote:

I have a source that has these rivets for 500 for $14.62 just I case you do not need 1000
http://www.autotoolworld.com/Marson-40214-Abl42A-AlumAlum-Blind-Rivet-Packaged-Pack-Of-500_p_123414.html

--------
Kolb Firestar II
503 C-Box / RK400
Soon to have a
Rotax 670 DCDI
with a C-Box and
RK 400 Clutch

Challenger II
503 Tall Drive

Location : Buffalo South Carolina

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
Herbgh(at)nctc.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

500 for 16.52  on Ebay.  Herb

http://www.ebay.com/itm/500-Aluminum-Rivet-Large-Flange-1-8-x-1-8-Grip-/361248909505?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item541c1ce8c1

On 05/18/2015 06:07 AM, mojavjoe(at)comcast.net (mojavjoe(at)comcast.net) wrote:

[quote] Wicks has 3/8 dome head x 1/8 rivets at $6.62/100

--> Kolb-List message posted by: "Carolina Flyer" <joe.a.lawson(at)gmail.com> (joe.a.lawson(at)gmail.com)

I have a source that has these rivets for 500 for $14.62 just I case you do not need 1000
http://www.autotoolworld.com/Marson-40214-Abl42A-AlumAlum-Blind-Rivet-Packaged-Pack-Of-500_p_123414.html

--------
Kolb Firestar II
503 C-Box / RK400
Soon to have a
Rotax 670 DCDI
with a C-Box and
RK 400 Clutch

Challenger II
503 Tall Drive

Location :  Buffalo South Carolina

bsp;                    -================

Quote:

[b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
Aircraft Spruce Info

Joined: 06 Feb 2007

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

We noticed the recent postings regarding the price of blind aluminum rivets that we offer on our website. These are our p/n 09-18900 and are priced at $22 for 100 rivets. These rivets are from Poly Fiber. As an alternative, we also have p/n 09-04580 which is the same size rivet and we offer them in bags of 500 for $19.65.

Aircraft Spruce
Customer Service Dept.
custservice(at)aircraftspruce.com

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Herbgh(at)nctc.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

16 dollars and change from Ebay... Just bought 500...

By the way...the Poly Fiber price tells one everything they need to
know about that brand.... Herb

On 05/27/2015 11:39 AM, Aircraft Spruce Info wrote:
Quote:

We noticed the recent postings regarding the price of blind aluminum rivets that we offer on our website. These are our p/n 09-18900 and are priced at $22 for 100 rivets. These rivets are from Poly Fiber. As an alternative, we also have p/n 09-04580 which is the same size rivet and we offer them in bags of 500 for $19.65.

Aircraft Spruce
Customer Service Dept.
custservice(at)aircraftspruce.com

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
John Hauck

Location: Titus, Alabama (hauck's holler)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

.22 compared to .04 a piece. Highway robbery.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
John Hauck
MKIII/912ULS
hauck's holler
Titus, Alabama
Herbgh(at)nctc.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

John

I will spend 2000 dollars quicker than I will spend 2 dollars...

what concerns me more is the cost of the parts and beyond that is
the quick response from someone with Aircraft Spruce about the cost of
those rivets...who told them? do they monitor these lists?

I own the Thatcher CX4/CX5 list at Yahoo and have never had a
response when a company is criticized. Guess they must
sponsor/Monitor this list?

Must say..the folks at the Aircraft Spruce in Ga. are friendly and
give good service...but cannot see me doing business with them in the
future...given the high cost of doing business.

http://conaircraft.com/ That is the company who owns Poly
Fiber,Ceconite and Randolph....

Cleaning out the garage preparatory to covering the wings on my new
to me Firefly...(Poly fiber process...Smile ) Herb

On 05/27/2015 12:03 PM, John Hauck wrote:
[quote]

.22 compared to .04 a piece. Highway robbery.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
Herbgh(at)nctc.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

.03304 each....from isellrivets  in Texas...

ORDER DATE May 18, 2015

ORDER TOTAL US $16.52
Free shipping

Order 361248909505-661145964023!474330785012 Leave feedbackView order details More actions

1 item sold byisellrivets
[img]cid:part5.01040307.02020108(at)nctc.com[/img]

500 Aluminum Rivet Large Flange 1/8 x 1/8 Grip ( 361248909505 )

Delivered on Fri, May 22
Tracking number: [url=javascript:;]Tracking number9400115901432363076871[/url]

[url=javascript:;]Add note[/url]

ITEM PRICE: US $16.52

On 05/27/2015 12:03 PM, John Hauck wrote:

[quote] [quote]--> Kolb-List message posted by: "John Hauck" <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com) .22 compared to .04 a piece. Highway robbery. john h mkIII Titus, Alabama --

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

s-l140.jpg
 Filesize:  2.23 KB
 Viewed:  16168 Time(s)

s-l140.jpg

Back to top
John Hauck

Location: Titus, Alabama (hauck's holler)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

Commercial enterprises, large and small, that use this List for their
profit, rubs me the wrong way. I make a donation every year to keep the
List operating. I have never seen any of the businesses that advertise on
"our" List ever make the donation List.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
John Hauck
MKIII/912ULS
hauck's holler
Titus, Alabama
Herbgh(at)nctc.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

Imagine the chilling effect if Spruce had said" do not like the
unfavourable comments"...out lawyer will be in contact....Herb

On 05/27/2015 01:51 PM, John Hauck wrote:
[quote]

Commercial enterprises, large and small, that use this List for their
profit, rubs me the wrong way. I make a donation every year to keep the
List operating. I have never seen any of the businesses that advertise on
"our" List ever make the donation List.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
John Hauck

Location: Titus, Alabama (hauck's holler)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:58 am    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

I'll reserve comment on that one. I don't take threats lightly.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
John Hauck
MKIII/912ULS
hauck's holler
Titus, Alabama
stuart(at)harnerfarm.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:41 am    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

John,

Exactly. Just make a mental note and use that as a reference when making
future purchase decisions.

The other bug-a-boo about vendors that I have is the ones that are
lickity-split to reply when you have a purchase question, but won't
acknowledge your
existence after the sale. I currently have a beef with a certain avionics
company that won't respond to any attempted contact. I wonder what they
will have to say when I stand next to their booth at OSH this summer and
tell my story to all those gathered around. Wink

Stuart
Do not archive

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
rowedenny

Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Location: Western PA

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

Easy here guys, I believe Spruce has sponsored Matts fundraiser drives with gifts for years. All their message said was "yeah, we have these rivets from so and so that may be overpriced, but we also sell these more reasonable price rivets that are equivalent.
To me, I appreciated the info and have always found Spruce to be a great source for aviation products with great prices and better service.
Am I missing something?

Dennis "Skid" Rowe
Mk3, Rotax 670,
Leechburg, PA

[quote] On May 27, 2015, at 3:41 PM, Stuart Harner <stuart(at)harnerfarm.net> wrote:

John,

Exactly. Just make a mental note and use that as a reference when making
future purchase decisions.

The other bug-a-boo about vendors that I have is the ones that are
lickity-split to reply when you have a purchase question, but won't
acknowledge your
existence after the sale. I currently have a beef with a certain avionics
company that won't respond to any attempted contact. I wonder what they
will have to say when I stand next to their booth at OSH this summer and
tell my story to all those gathered around. Wink

Stuart
Do not archive

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
stuart(at)harnerfarm.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

I don't know about their sponsorship but don't think it is relevant either.

Past dealings with them have been....shall we say less positive than yours.
I tend to look elsewhere first.

John H is right, I think jumping into a thread like this is pushy on their
part and I will remember that.

YMMV

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
John Hauck

Location: Titus, Alabama (hauck's holler)

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

Dennis:

My comments were intended for all commercial guys that use the Kolb List for
profit. There are a few that hit us up to turn a profit at our expense.

Irwin had the audacity to say his Customer Service had no intention of
making a profit based on the info posted on our List.

I usually take a look at the list of contributors to the Kolb List each
year. Don't ever remember seeing them listed, but I wasn't looking for them
at the time.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
John Hauck
MKIII/912ULS
hauck's holler
Titus, Alabama
rowedenny

Joined: 09 Mar 2008
Location: Western PA

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

I'm referring to the gift swag Matt offers for contributions, I'm pretty sure Spruce has been a player in helping Matt out with that sort of thing.
Again, just putting it out there that they have always treated me well even back through the Alexander Aeroplane days.
And any company that isn't making a profit won't be there to help us very long.
Dennis "Skid" Rowe
Mk3, Rotax 670,
Leechburg, PA

[quote] On May 27, 2015, at 8:57 PM, John Hauck <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com> wrote:

Dennis:

My comments were intended for all commercial guys that use the Kolb List for
profit. There are a few that hit us up to turn a profit at our expense.

Irwin had the audacity to say his Customer Service had no intention of
making a profit based on the info posted on our List.

I usually take a look at the list of contributors to the Kolb List each
year. Don't ever remember seeing them listed, but I wasn't looking for them
at the time.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
John Hauck

Location: Titus, Alabama (hauck's holler)

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Large head aluminum rivets Reply with quote

Guess my point was missed. I have been an Aircraft Spruce customer for 31
years. Used to fly to Griffin, GA, to pick up parts from Sue Alexander at
Alexander Aeroplane Company. She was a doll. Ron Alexander was there to
help and make a little money. Would go way out of their way to help a
fledgling home builder stuck in the backwoods of Alabama with no outside
help in the local area. Was a customer of all the companies Aircraft Spruce
has acquired since day one. I have no complaint about service from Aircraft
Spruce. They have helped me many, many times. Have always been quick to
ship, and quick to accept a return and give one their refund. I appreciate
that.

What I was trying to say is I felt an invasion of privacy when a commercial
enterprise suddenly makes a comment, their first and only comment, on the
Kolb List. I have always felt our List was private and here for folks that
build and fly Kolb aircraft. Period... When newcomers came on board we
used to urge them to introduce themselves. We were a technical and social
group of enthusiast.

I made a previous comment about large and small companies trying to turn a
dollar by posting to our List. One small company, in particular, posts
frequently, but only when he wants to sell something or grab some info in
order to sell something. Sorry gang, that type behavior rubs me the wrong
way.

Businesses are in business to make money, but not at the expense of our
privacy.

Kolb Aircraft Company is the exception, and has always been the exception.
If we don't support Kolb Aircraft Company as much as possible, we won't have
to worry about them invading our privacy.

I hate friggen email. Most difficult system to convey ones true thoughts.

Typed this during a frog strangling thunderstorm. Thunder, lightening, and
a complete white out. Lost the satellite as soon as it started raining.

john h
mkIII
Titus, Alabama

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

John Hauck
MKIII/912ULS
hauck's holler
Titus, Alabama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours