Kolb MKIII video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
Richard Pike

Location: Blountville, Tennessee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Had a perfect evening to fly, and the video turned out good. This is intended to be a motivational video. If you are thinking about building and flying a Kolb, this is what it is like.

If you are already building a Kolb, and it is not done yet - then you need to get your rear in gear and get it done so you can be doing this.

If you already have a Kolb and you are not doing this - WHAT IS WRONG WItH YOU?!?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2SeONVmlB8

(Please watch full screen & HD 720P)

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
Richard Pike
Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)
Kingsport, TN 3TN0

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.
ces308

Joined: 03 Nov 2008
Location: houghton lake ,mi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Nice video,Richard ! These are the hills in Tennessee ?? Looks like Vermont too ! I enjoyed it ! Thanks for posting !

chris ambrose
M3X/Jabiru
N327CS

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
tkben002

Joined: 06 Jul 2011
Location: Alexandria, LA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Nice video, I wish I had some scenery like that around here. Is it normally that quiet in your cabin. It sounds like you could hold a conversation and the engine noise would not be that bad. In mine it is so loud you can hardly hear yourself think.

Travis Bennett

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
ces308

Joined: 03 Nov 2008
Location: houghton lake ,mi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Travis....

LOL Don't be fooled by the video....IT IS NOISY in there ! lol

chris ambrose

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
pj.ladd(at)btinternet.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

In mine it is so loud you can hardly hear yourself think.>>

All Kolbs are noisy. It is a feature of pushers I think. Certainly my Xtra
with the Jabi is markedly noisier than the Eurostar with a Jabi which I had
a share in. That was a tractor, admittedly cowled but like a sewing machine
in comparison.
In fact I saw somewhere that Rutan gave up designing pushers because it was
impossible to get the noise down.

Cheers

Pat

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
ces308

Joined: 03 Nov 2008
Location: houghton lake ,mi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Pat,all...

Last weekend I was near Grr International airport and I heard this noise aloft and low and behold it was a Piagio Avanti ,twin pusher flying over and it sound like and pair of (high HP ) Kolbs flying over ..lol and I think that Rutan artical was in Flying a couple months ago.... just no way to quiet them down....

chris ambrose
M3X/Jabiru A-2200
N327CS

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
simonnelson(at)vodamail.c
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Its because of the air coming over th wing and hitting the prop, casing slap as in helicopters.
Same problem with models.
Sy
---

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
pj.ladd(at)btinternet.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Same problem with models.>>

Now that is interesting. I had no idea.

The whup whup sound you get from helicopter blades is also exactly similar
to a thrown boomerang
Cheers

Pat

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
simonnelson(at)vodamail.c
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Yup, the dirty air off the wing does not go in 'clean - smooth' to the prop unlike the air at the top.
Pain in the butt, when trying to fly a VERY fast delta pusher model quietly.
Actually I have had better, er quieter with a laminar section and better flow control around the root and motor. Also you can move the prop further away, but your fin will get a tad nervous on your Kolb!

Sy
---

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
Richard Pike

Location: Blountville, Tennessee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Finally figured out how to edit the video so I could add sound to it. Everybody has different musical tastes, but this is how I like it.

http://www.bcchapel.org/MESF/October%20Kolb.html

PS: the second clip might have you scratching your heads, but I am just east of Hiltons, Virginia, and the square gray building on the left is the Carter Fold, home place for A.P Carter, and (as you hard core country music fans will know) that is their signature song.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
Richard Pike
Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)
Kingsport, TN 3TN0

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.
slyck(at)frontiernet.net
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

bad link?
BB

--------
Richard Pike
Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)
richard (at) bcchapel(dot)org
Kingsport, TN 3TN0
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
Richard Pike

Location: Blountville, Tennessee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

[quote="slyck(at)frontiernet.net"]bad link?
BB
[quote]

Shouldn't be, but go here:

http://www.bcchapel.org/MESF/3TN0.html

And go to the bottom of the page and click on the appropriate link -

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
Richard Pike
Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)
Kingsport, TN 3TN0

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.
George Alexander

Location: SW Florida

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

slyck(at)frontiernet.net wrote:
bad link?
BB

Worked great from here. Music added a lot to an already entertaining video.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
George Alexander
FS II R503
E-LSA N709FS
http://www.oh2fly.net
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eugene Zimmerman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Richard,Plain blue page with October 25, 2011 at the top is all I get?
No video. Do I need a particular plugin for my browser?
Gene

On Oct 30, 2011, at 7:59 PM, Richard Pike wrote:
[quote]--> Kolb-List message posted by: "Richard Pike" <richard(at)bcchapel.org (richard(at)bcchapel.org)>

[quote="slyck(at)frontiernet.net"]bad link?
BB
[quote]

Shouldn't be, but go here:

http://www.bcchapel.org/MESF/3TN0.html

And go to the bottom of the page and click on the appropriate link -

--------
Richard Pike
Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)
richard (at) bcchapel(dot)org
Kingsport, TN 3TN0
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=356363#356363 [quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Richard Pike

Location: Blountville, Tennessee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Eugene Zimmerman wrote:
Richard,Plain blue page with October 25, 2011 at the top is all I get?
No video. Do I need a particular plugin for my browser?
Gene

I wouldn't think so, it is an .mpeg-4 video, it ought to open in Windows Media Player. If you are using Firefox, try Internet Explorer, or Safari?

I set up our MESF club website from my church webpage, and we don't have the bandwidth that Youtube or Vimeo does - give it a while to load and see what happens?

If that don't work - I dunno man, I know some things, but I ain't no guru...

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
Richard Pike
Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)
Kingsport, TN 3TN0

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.
Eugene Zimmerman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:59 pm    Post subject: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Richard,
I'm using Safari version 5.5.1.1

Gene
On Nov 1, 2011, at 12:40 AM, Richard Pike wrote:

Quote:

Eugene Zimmerman wrote:
> Richard,Plain blue page with October 25, 2011 at the top is all I get?
> No video. Do I need a particular plugin for my browser?
> Gene

I wouldn't think so, it is an .mpeg-4 video, it ought to open in Windows Media Player. If you are using Firefox, try Internet Explorer, or Safari?

I set up our MESF club website from my church webpage, and we don't have the bandwidth that Youtube or Vimeo does - give it a while to load and see what happens?

If that don't work - I dunno man, I know some things, but I ain't no guru...

--------
Richard Pike
Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)
richard (at) bcchapel(dot)org
Kingsport, TN 3TN0
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Richard Pike

Location: Blountville, Tennessee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Kolb MKIII video Reply with quote

Eugene Zimmerman wrote:
Richard,
I'm using Safari version 5.5.1.1
Gene

Well - I tried opening it in my older version of Safari - 5.0.5 - and it wouldn't open but asked if I wanted to install an update. I told it yes, and then it opened the video normally. Are you using a Mac?

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Richard Pike
Kolb MKIII N420P (420ldPoops)
Kingsport, TN 3TN0

Forgiving is tough, being forgiven is wonderful, and God's grace really is amazing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours