RL-26D (680E) For Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List
rlegg(at)austarnet.com.au
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: RL-26D (680E) For Sale Reply with quote

Hi Jimbob,

You should get on down and have a look at this one for sale...located at Lebanon, Oregon.
Ad bobbed up on Barnstormers in last few hours...no asking price quoted.
Owner Ed Forsberg (916)525-7146.
Cheers
Russell

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
Back to top
comserv500s(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: RL-26D (680E) For Sale Reply with quote

Russell: This airplane has been for sale for over 20 years. Same
owner, I used to talk to him several years ago when he lived in
Livermore, Ca. I think the airplane is well beyond restoring. Someone
I know looked at it about 10 years ago, & said it had plenty of
corrosion then. Morris

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 3:52 AM, Russell Legg <rlegg(at)austarnet.com.au> wrote:
Quote:
Hi Jimbob,
You should get on down and have a look at this one for sale...located at
Lebanon, Oregon.
Ad bobbed up on Barnstormers in last few hours...no asking price quoted.
Owner Ed Forsberg (916)525-7146.
Cheers
Russell

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
Back to top
yourtcfg(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:04 am    Post subject: RL-26D (680E) For Sale Reply with quote

HI RUSSELL..how is life??? I have heard about this airplane for many years, never seen it. The nose landing gear is different some how, retracts forward or something. I always wondered if there was an FAA paperwork for the mod?? jb

--

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
Back to top
barry.collman(at)air-brit
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: RL-26D (680E) For Sale Reply with quote

Hi JimBob,

I think that, because of the special radome on the RL-26D Commanders, the nosewheel had to be moved back slightly.
In fact, an extract from our Model 680 Fact File records:

“The radar equipment in the nose resulted in the movement of the nose gear aft from station -27.00 to -7.25 and certain revisions were made in the retracting mechanism and supporting structure. Also, the landing lights were relocated into the wings.”

Best Regards,
Barry

HI RUSSELL..how is life??? I have heard about this airplane for many years, never seen it. The nose landing gear is different some how, retracts forward or something. I always wondered if there was an FAA paperwork for the mod?? jb
--

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
Back to top
nico(at)cybersuperstore.c
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: RL-26D (680E) For Sale Reply with quote

Now I stand educated.

Thanks Barry.

HI RUSSELL..how is life??? I have heard about this airplane for many years, never seen it. The nose landing gear is different some how, retracts forward or something. I always wondered if there was an FAA paperwork for the mod?? jb
You should get on down and have a look at this one for sale...located at Lebanon, Oregon.

Ad bobbed up on Barnstormers in last few hours...no asking price quoted.

Owner Ed Forsberg (916)525-7146.

Cheers

Russell

Quote:
====================================t" target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List====================================tp://forums.matronics.com====================================_blank>http://www.matronics.com/contribution====================================
0
Quote:
1
Quote:
2
Quote:
3
Quote:
4
Quote:
5
Quote:
6
Quote:
7
Quote:
8
Quote:
9
Quote:
====================================
0
Quote:
====================================
1
Quote:
====================================
2
Quote:
====================================
3
Quote:
====================================
4
Quote:
====================================
5
Quote:
====================================
6
Quote:
====================================
7

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
Back to top
Peter Bichier

Joined: 25 Aug 2008
Location: Toledo, Ohio

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: RL-26D (680E) For Sale Reply with quote

Greetings from Burgundy,

Russell you are officially looking at a "Mummy" check it out where it was photographed May of last year:

http://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5264&start=120

If I can attach it here, it should show up later on:

As you can see, no props! I also have pictures from the plates by the same guy who took the picture (a certain "Tom"):

This was originally a straight 1957 680 converted in '65 to a 680E N316DE s/n 57-6184 does not seem to be worth much...

Meanwhile, back to the wines!

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List

680E'57 N316DE Leb OR'10.jpg
 Filesize:  106.97 KB
 Viewed:  5906 Time(s)

680E'57 N316DE Leb OR'10.jpg

680E'57 x680'65 N316DE S30'10.jpg
 Filesize:  53.89 KB
 Viewed:  5906 Time(s)

680E'57 x680'65 N316DE S30'10.jpg

680E'57 x680'65 N316DE S30'10.jpg
 Filesize:  53.89 KB
 Viewed:  5906 Time(s)

680E'57 x680'65 N316DE S30'10.jpg

680E'57 N316DE ex680'65 Tom Savannah S30'10.jpg
 Filesize:  252.15 KB
 Viewed:  5906 Time(s)

680E'57 N316DE ex680'65 Tom Savannah S30'10.jpg

_________________
560 Dreamer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
BillLeff1(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm    Post subject: RL-26D (680E) For Sale Reply with quote

Berry,is this plane one that had the side looking radar on it?

I am looking for data on how they mounted it
Bill

Sent via DROID on Verizon Wireless
[quote]From: Barry Collman <barry.collman(at)air-britain.co.uk>
RE: Commander-List: RL-26D (680E) For Sale
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
[...]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: RL-26D (680E) For Sale Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

Yes, it did have the SLAR equipment.
I have photos of it with both the SLAR and that rather bulbous nose radome while it was with the US Army.

I cannot remember, but I might have seen some Drawings at Twin Commander re the SLAR equipment.
Exactly how it was mounted might therefore be shown.
Might be worth sending an email to Geoffrey Pence or Bill Ball at Twin Commander.

Best Regards,
Barry

HI RUSSELL..how is life??? I have heard about this airplane for many years, never seen it. The nose landing gear is different some how, retracts forward or something. I always wondered if there was an FAA paperwork for the mod?? jb
--

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
Back to top
Edwin Forsberg

Joined: 20 Mar 2011
Location: Elk Grove Ca

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: RL-26D (680E) For Sale Reply with quote

Morris

Great to see you posting!

Things I would like to know about myself.

Just when did I ever live in Livermore?!
Answer; Never!

When was the last time that you inspected this aircraft?
Answer: Never!

In otherwords,
Be very careful what you put in writing.

There is a photo circulating of my aircraft sitting in a field. The workers for Oregon Aeronautics pushed the aircraft back in the dirt to resurface the ramp at Lebanon. It is now back on the ramp.

I listed my phone number in the ad. Anyone with questions, feel free to contact me, even if it's just to talk about flying. Just remember that I also work for a living, and may not be able to talk at that time.

The reason I am selling the aircraft is to concentrate on my 2 Grumman Widgeons. Landing an Aero Commander on water would be a waste of a great airframe.

I also have for sale a Grumman TBM-3 for restoration.

I just have 2 many projects for my stable. My flight schedule at work is taking more of my time now that I go world wide. And I have a daughter getting married in Sept.

Edwin Forsberg
(916)525-7146
Still not afraid to publish my phone number

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
stratobee

Joined: 28 Dec 2010
Location: Los Angeles

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: RL-26D (680E) For Sale Reply with quote

Images in last post.

http://www.backcountrypilot.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=697&start=1920

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List

Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours