Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted IVO prop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rical26

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Wanted IVO prop Reply with quote

Hi, after trying everything with no success about my high EGT, I'm looking for a IVO medium 72" 2 blades prop. I want to thank all of you that suggested ideas and opinions.

Richard

Kitfox4 582 C 3:1
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
dave

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: Wanted IVO prop Reply with quote

Richard, Any adjustable should help you out to start with.
I have used Ivo medium and found it easy to adjust but cannot say that it performs and better than a properly adjusted GSC 68 " or a WARP 68 " or even a IVO UL 3 blade. We splitting hairs here.
Summer time you should be 1050 to 1150 EGT with a plugs a nice med to light brown. If you cannot get a handle on your EGT now then when colder temps come you will have troubles.

I have flown today in 4 different Rotax 2 strokes and all worked flawless.
Heading to lake now --cya
I am in London Ontario.

Drop me a line

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Most viewed Kitfox on youtube
Most popular on youtube
Highest rated on youtube
Lion8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Wanted IVO prop Reply with quote

Hello Rich. I may have that IVO prop you are looking for. The one I have is an 'in flight adjustable'. Is this something you are looking for?

---

VIXEN

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Wanted IVO prop Reply with quote

Hello Rical26

I also am looking for an IVO IFA or constant speed prop to fit a 912UL (80HP) on a Kitfox Vixen. If Rich is not interested I may be. Is this what you have? How many hours and price please.

Thanks

Don         don(at)hudgeon.com (don(at)hudgeon.com)

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 6:45 PM, <ctmcdowell(at)comcast.net (ctmcdowell(at)comcast.net)> wrote:
[quote]
Hello Rich.  I may have that IVO prop you are looking for. The one I have is an 'in flight adjustable'. Is this something you are looking for?

---

Rical26

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Wanted IVO prop Reply with quote

How many hours? is it the medium prop?Is it a 72" How much? can you sent
pics?

ctmcdowell(at)comcast.net wrote:
[quote]
Hello Rich. I may have that IVO prop you are looking for. The one I
have is an 'in flight adjustable'. Is this something you are looking for?
---

Lion8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Wanted IVO prop Reply with quote

Hi RIch. Been so nice the past few days that I've been flying till my arms hurt. Haven't seen much of my e-mails.
I will take some photos as that are some other inquires about it so I will send all some photos. I'm sorry that I have no records with this prop. I see no cracks, nicks or any sign of repairs to it. It is missing one of the CarbFib spacers. As I told another guy that asked about it, as soon as the Phillies beat the Padres, I will take some photos of it.
I cannot use it under my Sport Pilot Cert. I fly my Trike under the Sport Pilot and the Kitfox will be flown under the Sport Pilot rules. I wil send you the photos either today or tomorrow.

---

Lion8

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Wanted IVO prop Reply with quote

Thanks Don for the reply. When the Phills beat the Padres in the next hour of so, I will take some photos and send them out with as much info as I have. There was no log book with this prop as well as all the other stuff I purchased.

---

Lion8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Wanted IVO prop Reply with quote

Rich. Attached are 4 of many photos I took yesterday. If I didn't mention before, there is one of the two Carbon Fiber spacer blocks missing. I don't know anything about the adjustable pitch props. The 'Tip to Tip length is 72".
I didn't get any log book with this prop. During very close inspection, I cannot see any signs of damage or previous repair. Haven't tried the motor yet. Not sure how to hook up the wires. I can't use it with my Sport Pilot cert. Haven't considered a price. There are three other people interested in this prop.
-Tom, New Jersey
EAA-216

---

IVO_IN_FLIGHT_ADJUSTABLEPROP_008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  974.93 KB
 Viewed:  14578 Time(s)

IVO_IN_FLIGHT_ADJUSTABLEPROP_008.jpg

IVO_IN_FLIGHT_ADJUSTABLEPROP_009.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  985.8 KB

IVO_IN_FLIGHT_ADJUSTABLEPROP_009.jpg

IVO_IN_FLIGHT_ADJUSTABLEPROP_011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.18 MB

IVO_IN_FLIGHT_ADJUSTABLEPROP_011.jpg

IVO_IN_FLIGHT_ADJUSTABLEPROP_014.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.31 MB

IVO_IN_FLIGHT_ADJUSTABLEPROP_014.jpg

Rical26

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Wanted IVO prop Reply with quote

Hi Tom,
thanks for the pics. because you don't know if it's really working and
there are parts missing, I'll give a chance to the others people
interested to bit on it

Cheers

Richard

ctmcdowell(at)comcast.net wrote:
[quote]
Rich. Attached are 4 of many photos I took yesterday. If I didn't
mention before, there is one of the two Carbon Fiber spacer blocks
missing. I don't know anything about the adjustable pitch props. The
'Tip to Tip length is 72".

I didn't get any log book with this prop. During very close
inspection, I cannot see any signs of damage or previous repair.
Haven't tried the motor yet. Not sure how to hook up the wires. I
can't use it with my Sport Pilot cert. Haven't considered a price.
There are three other people interested in this prop.

-Tom, New Jersey

EAA-216

---

VIXEN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Wanted IVO prop Reply with quote

Hi There

For the same reason I will be passing on this prop. Thanks for the info.

Don

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Richard <rical26(at)rogers.com (rical26(at)rogers.com)> wrote:
[quote]--> Kitfox-List message posted by: Richard <rical26(at)rogers.com (rical26(at)rogers.com)>

Hi Tom,
thanks for the pics. because you don't know if it's really working and there are parts missing, I'll give a chance to the others people interested to bit on it

Cheers

Richard

ctmcdowell(at)comcast.net (ctmcdowell(at)comcast.net) wrote:
[quote]

Rich. Attached are 4 of many photos I took yesterday.  If I didn't mention before, there is one of the two Carbon Fiber spacer blocks missing. I don't know anything about the adjustable pitch props. The 'Tip to Tip length is 72".
I didn't get any log book with this prop. During very close inspection, I cannot see any signs of damage or previous repair. Haven't tried the motor yet. Not sure how to hook up the wires. I can't use it with my Sport Pilot cert.  Haven't considered a price. There are three other people interested in this prop.

-Tom, New Jersey

EAA-216

---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: