Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kit #375 Started

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV12-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albert Gardner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Kit #375 Started Reply with quote

[quote]Finally, my buddy from AK showed up this weekend (Bob Helfrich, builder 12-0375) and we got started on his tail kit yesterday. Finished the VS this morning and got well under way on the rudder. There were a lot more 1/8" rivets to squeeze on the rudder spar than I thought there would be so we borrowed a friends air squeezer for tomorrow. Things have fit well together and it seems pretty easy to assemble. Only strange thing I have so far found is the unusual picture on Page 06-05 of the orientation of VS-1208 (Lower Main Rib)in Fig. 2. Looks OK in Fig. 3 but I think the draftsman was smoking something when he did Fig. 2. Albert GardnerRV-10 N9914RVYuma, AZ [b]

- The Matronics RV12-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV12-List

rveighta(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Kit #375 Started Reply with quote

Albert, figure 2 is correct. It's a view from underneath at an oblique angle. I've had the same difficulty with some of the other
drawings. It really plays tricks on your mind.

Walt Shipley RV-12 Fuselage Skins

---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Albert Gardner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Kit #375 Started Reply with quote

Quote:
We are making good progress on the first kit. This was the 8th day and we finished the tail cone today. So now all that is left from the first shipment is the emp attach and the emp fairings. It goes together fast and everything has fit very well. Here's a pio of Bob pulling the last tail cone rivet. We were looking for that one all day. Fuse kit arrived this afternoon.Albert GardnerRV-10 N991RVYuma, AZ

FILE0068_(Small).JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  16.08 KB
 Viewed:  3103 Time(s)

FILE0068_(Small).JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV12-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: