Allegro 2000, cracked gear leg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
t.j.vanduin(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Allegro 2000, cracked gear leg Reply with quote

Thom,

Thank you for your explanation about how you replaced the gear legs of the Allegro 2000.
It's very reassuring that one doesn't need to be a magician to do the job.

After I found the Matronics Allegro list, I started to read all emails and read also your mail about the gear leg cracks. Then I checked my plane and found a crack at the same position as you described. I'm not pleased that I saw the crack, but very pleased that you rang the bell! On my behalf, thanks for all your contributions to the Allegro list!

Theo van Duin
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
Back to top
hgmckay

Joined: 23 May 2006

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Allegro 2000, cracked gear leg Reply with quote

Theo

How many hours are on your 2001 Allegro 2000 airframe? Do you think you will be able to get enough dimensions duplicate the shape of your panel? If you don’t, I can send you a full size hard copy of the early working drawings I made in laying out my instruments. That full size drawing has the outline of the aluminum panel and the location of the 10 holes for attaching the panel to the dash. You can just trace the outline on a new aluminum sheet. Unfortunately I would have to send it to you via “snail mail”, but I would be willing to do so if you need it.

Hugh McKay

Thank you for your explanation about how you replaced the gear legs of the Allegro 2000.
It's very reassuring that one doesn't need to be a magician to do the job.

After I found the Matronics Allegro list, I started to read all emails and read also your mail about the gear leg cracks. Then I checked my plane and found a crack at the same position as you described. I'm not pleased that I saw the crack, but very pleased that you rang the bell! On my behalf, thanks for all your contributions to the Allegro list!

            Theo van Duin
Quote:
http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
0
Quote:
1
Quote:
2
Quote:
3
Quote:
4
Quote:
5
Quote:
6
Quote:
7
Quote:
8
Quote:
9

10/7/2008 9:41 AM
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
t.j.vanduin(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Allegro 2000, cracked gear leg Reply with quote

Hugh,

According to the records my 2001 Allegro 2000 has 140 hours on airframe and motor.
The airplane did not fly at all for more than two and a half years because of incapability of the former owner. The plane suffered more from hangering than from flying.

I don't think I'm able to get the dimensions from my plywood instrument panel with
sufficient accuracy, while the panel is still on the plane. I would be very pleased to recieve a full size hard copy from you by mail. This would be a great help to me.
Could you give me an indication about the thickness of the alu panel?

My address in France: Theo van Duin
Les Cargeots
71550 Cussy en Morvan
France

Thank you so much for your help,
Theo

2008/10/8 Hugh <hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net (hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net)>
[...]

http://www.matronics.com/contribution
0
Quote:
1

[b]

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
Back to top
hgmckay

Joined: 23 May 2006

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Allegro 2000, cracked gear leg Reply with quote

Theo:

I am sending you a full size hard copy of an early working drawing showing the layout of my instrument panel. The outline of the edge of the aluminum panel is colored in yellow. You should be able to cut the paper along this line and have a template for the outer edge of the panel. As a precaution I would suggest that after you remove your old panel, you carefully transfer the location and size of the existing attaching holes on your panel and dash to the new aluminum panel. Your holes may be different in size and location than what is shown on my drawing. However, the panel outline should be the same. Just check everything before you cut the new aluminum sheet. It the moment I can’t give you the thickness of the aluminum sheet used for the panel because my panel is mounted in my airplane. However, I will get the thickness and notify you via email before you get the drawing.

With regards,
Hugh McKay

[...]

10/8/2008 7:01 AM
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours