Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ch-750 versus Ch-701
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jon(at)joncroke.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Ch-750 versus Ch-701 Reply with quote

Hi Ken,

No reason to fear.... only ignorance of the rules will harm us...!

ALL builders of experimental aircraft must demonstrate to the FAA that they
built at least 51% of their aircraft in order to get their special airworthy
certificate. In fact, you must sign a document that states this is true AND
convince the FAA inspector/DAR of this fact via your builder log book,
photos, your good looks, and any other convincing means. If he is "sold" on
the belief that you did build at least 51%, then you are on your way to
successfully licensing your bird.

Alternatively, IF your aircraft happens to be on the "approved" FAA list of
kit aircraft (the 701,601 and many other popular kits are listed here) then
you have done the FAA inspector a favor as he does not have to evaluate your
word and builders log to be convinced of the 51% compliance rule. This list
(that the 750 is not on yet) recently received a "freeze" against any new
kit additions whilst the FAA re-evaluates the whole 51% rule thingy... but
that is a different issue.

So... the list means nothing other than the convenience of knowing that the
kit is "pre-approved"... like getting a credit card: you dont have to be
pre-approved if you have good credit.... you dont need the FAA list if you
can prove you built 51% of the kit...

So, in summary, not being on the list means almost nothing... most homebuilt
aircraft are not on that list (my guess!). It is a wonderful marketing
feature for manufacturers to get their products on this list as it makes us
"feel" good and makes registration a tad bit easier!

Now, that re-evaluation of the whole 51% rule... that's something worth
watching... but not to be fearful of, IMO.

Hope that makes some sense...

Jon
---

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
flicka750

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Ch-750 versus Ch-701 ( QB & BA ) Reply with quote

"You pissed off CHEERIOS"

Yes, its not hard to piss off the QB/BA/... CREW, when you ask tough questions.

I have NO desire to buy a quick-build of anything, but I read everything, and research what I can. I finished my 'rudder', and I need to decide with the 701/750 choice that just popped up! I had long set on a 701 years ago, I want a STOL to fly in/out of my farm. Then this fall when I was ready to order my full 701 kit up pops this 750; I got confused; probably dementia.

Regarding my QB rhetoric, I must admit I'm a Van's RV builder, and I have been around these QB/Builder-Assist goats long enough to know the racket in the EAA/kit-build industry. I'm a do it your self'r, I don't pay nobody to do anything. I only mention QB/BA because they're funny people.

[ Did you all know that both Van's & Zen have their QB's done by the same outfit in the Philippines?? Small world. ]

Getting people to answer the most simple questions is like pulling teeth on these boards. The problem I see here is like in the Van's world BA's are now so used to pulling down $1200/day ( I KID YOU NOT! ), that its getting to the point that nobody wants to answer simple questions without writing a check. I don't write no checks.

I believe the pure EAA spirit, in my chapter I'm more than happy to help a fellow builders, and I'm not out to take the food out of their children's mouthes.

BA-builder assist ( gentlemans term for $150/hr consulting fee, aka 51% bribery, aka rich-mans airplane; todays racket )

QB-quickbuild ( gentlemans term for BA )

I find the zenith builders to be a breath of fresh air, completely different crowd than the Van's builders. Too many lawyers and doc's in the Van's crowd. At least the zen folk tend to be old fashion do it yourself guys, my other hobbys are restoring old cat-bull dozers (d7 and bigger ) and tractors, so I know all about 'scratch building'.

I don't mean to pick on Van's because there's always Lancair, with their $1M 'kits', in Oregon there is a cottage industry of guys doing 99% build for real rich people. Its very sad, that we can't be honest and tell the truth; Most sad of all is that all the money that's being made, is going to DESTROY OUR HOBBY if we don't stick together. Too many people are making too much money.

Post one sentence of the above on 'vans airforce' and they'll ban your IP in a nano-second, most of these blogs on the internet are all ran by QB/BA people.

There really needs to be a board for builder's, do it yourself builders. I'm not sure yet if MATRONICS is that board, but the boss hasn't banned my IP yet.

[quote="john.marzulli(at)gmail.co"]
Quote:
If you can't do that, wait a few months and Obama will tell you which airplane to build. If "you're" lucky.

WTF?
John Marzulli

http://701Builder.blogspot.com/
http://www.GenevieveMarzulli.org/
http://www.JohnMarzulli.net/

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:07 PM, ProWash <rcraigcraig> wrote:
Quote:
--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "ProWash" <rcraigcraig>

Geezz, Flicka750,
Who pissed in your Cheerios. I'm a complete beginner at building and I was able to gather the information available at the time and make a decision about which airplane to build. I bought a 701 kit and within a year have nearly completed it without even talking to the "Quick Build" industry.

If I can do it, anyone can. You do have to take responsibility for for your thoughts and actions though.

If you can't do that, wait a few months and Obama will tell you which airplane to build. If "you're" lucky.

No Fear, I only needed $150 worth of tools.

--------
R Craig
North Central Arkansas
701 SP Nearly Done
Do Not Archive

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=199829#199829

[b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: