Monument Valley or bust!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
mdnanwelch7(at)hotmail.co
Guest

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Monument Valley or bust!! Reply with quote

No more time to chat!! I've got to get up at 4:00am. Headed to Monument Valley. I was planning to fly my Cessna, with a friend, but then two others guys wanted to go, and that's too much weight for my plane, so we're
car-pooling it!

Back by late Saturday night.

Mike "Dudley" Welch

Do not archive

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
WillUribe(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Monument Valley or bust!! Reply with quote

Greetings,

Dave got busted up awfully bad so we didn't make it to Monument Valley this year. Dave was riding to the parade grounds at Ft. Bliss, he was to perform a dog and pony show for the kids but his Colt was spooked and bucked him off. The horse is used for patrolling the desert so it could have been seeing all those soldiers that spooked him, we don't know. Dave suffered 3 broken ribs, broken shoulder blade and a collapsed lung. He has been in a lot of pain but until yesterday has been receiving 3 kinds of pain killers. He is recovering in the Army hospital and hopes to go home on Monday if the tube in his lung stops draining and can be removed.

Like Dennis said "There'll probably be a few sad Navajo kids, when they find out that "Airplane Dave" won't be coming this year."
Every year Dave flys the local kids around the monuments, they sit along the airport fence waiting for Dave to arrive. The kids tell Dave about folklore that has been passed on from generations to generations. The stories take place in remote areas on top of the monuments. The kids are the first ones in generations to see the legendry places first hand and via an airplane no less.

Regards,
Will Uribe
El Paso, TX
FireStar II

do not archive

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
james.clayton(at)bluecoat
Guest

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Monument Valley or bust!! Reply with quote

Hi Will,

Very sorry to hear about Dave's mishap! Please let him know the Clayton boys wish him a speedy recovery. See you both next year.

-Jim and John Clayton

[...]

[quote]

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/c
[b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
Bob Dalton

Location: Manteca, Ca

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Monument Valley or bust!! Reply with quote

Will,

Sorry to hear about Dave, be sure to let him know we wish for a speedy recovery. I’m sure one of the other Kolbers will do there best to try to fill Dave’s shoes.

Take care,

Bob Dalton
wiserguy(at)comcast.net (wiserguy(at)comcast.net)
Kolbless
0 hours

[...]

0
Quote:
1
Quote:
2
Quote:
3
Quote:
4
Quote:
5
Quote:
6
Quote:
7
Quote:
8
Quote:
9
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
Bob Dalton
Manteca, Ca.
wiserguy@comcast.net
mdnanwelch7(at)hotmail.co
Guest

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Monument Valley or bust!! Reply with quote

[...]

We ( Mike Welch, Lannie, and Myron) just got back from M.V. a few minutes ago(we drove). I was going to fly my Cessna 172, but our group grew to 4 guys, and I can't carry that much weight.

On our way there this morning we were going to pick up a fellow pilot (older guy). We stopped at his house in Kanab, UT, and as he was approaching the car, he "folded" his artificial knee. Poor guy!! Standing there with his coffee, his camera, lunch in one hand, and his cane in the other hand, and he was hurt so bad he almost cried in pain!! He had to turn around, and slowly return limping back into the house. Sad!!

Weather was just about perfect!! Very mild crosswind once in awhile, but mostly just calm clear blue skies, and a gentle breeze (2-3 mph)

I was VERY much hoping to meet you and Dave, and was certainly counting on you guys being there. I can't express how sad it makes me to hear how badly Dave is hurt. My simpathies to him for his pain, and to both of you for not being able to make it to M.V.

It wasn't just the Navajo kids that missed seeing you guys!!

Best regards,
Mike "Dudley" Welch
MkIIICX

Do not archive

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours