Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

parts needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robin02(at)mindspring.com

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: parts needed Reply with quote

Guys, I let someone fly my plane and got it back after a ground loop. I need a left gear leg for a TD. IT is the upgrade leg for a 1TD as sold as a retrofit kit by SH. I think it is just a G2 gear however. I would like the "U" brackets that attach the gear to the ribs, a 5" wheel, and an axle. If you have any of these parts you don;t need please let me know.

As a matter of information, the grade 8, 3/8 bolt on the backside of the leg bracket failed in shear. I haven't checked in many years but seem to recall this requires about 200,000 lbs of force. Maybe one of you know the exact force required but it amazes me that the bolt would shear and the glass remained intact. RObin Young kit 286
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Glasair-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Glasair-List
darnpilot(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: parts needed Reply with quote

I have two axles from my Glasair III. Any idea if they will fit?

Jeff

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: parts needed Reply with quote

I think so. Thanks for responding Jeff. How long is it from the top of the mounting pad to the end of the threaded area? RObin

From: owner-glasair-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-glasair-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of darnpilot(at)aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 7:22 AM
To: glasair-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Glasair-List: parts needed

I have two axles from my Glasair III. Any idea if they will fit?

Jeff
--

Bruce(at)glasair.org

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: parts needed Reply with quote

All Glasair's take the same wheel and hence the same axle. The wheel and brakes are a matched set. So Matco/Grove/Cleveland axles are NOT interchangeable.

Bruce
www.Glasair.org
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
[quote]
--

dhschultz39(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:47 am    Post subject: parts needed Reply with quote

morning, robin
find attached a pic of the two original gear legs from my TD1, ser #433. legs okay, brake lines in poor repair due to mis-handling in storage during past 10 years.

don't know what you mean by "upgrade leg .... sold as retrofit kit by SH."

i purchased a set of aluminum legs after i installed the fibreglass legs in the aircraft, but then began to learn of the "splaying" problem, weight difference, flexure on landing, etc.

i used nearly all (except two strengthening plates at bottom) the attaching and attached parts (bracketts, axle, wheel) in my upgrade, so those pieces not available.

you're welcome to these two legs if you pick-up or pay cost of shipping.

dave schultz
bremerton, wa
360 692-3445
[quote] ---

TD1_gear_legs.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  559.22 KB
 Viewed:  502 Time(s)

TD1_gear_legs.JPG

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: parts needed Reply with quote

Dave, thanks but these will not work. In the early 1990's SH had a service bulletin to upgrade the original legs and in turn raise the GW on the planes to 1900 lbs (2000 with the extended tips) . These new legs are quite a bit stiffer. It is not likely I will find one of these outside New Glasair but, I thought I would give it a try.

From: owner-glasair-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-glasair-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of dave schultz
Sent: Thursday, May 08, 2008 9:45 AM
To: glasair-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: parts needed

morning, robin
find attached a pic of the two original gear legs from my TD1, ser #433. legs okay, brake lines in poor repair due to mis-handling in storage during past 10 years.

don't know what you mean by "upgrade leg .... sold as retrofit kit by SH."

i purchased a set of aluminum legs after i installed the fibreglass legs in the aircraft, but then began to learn of the "splaying" problem, weight difference, flexure on landing, etc.

i used nearly all (except two strengthening plates at bottom) the attaching and attached parts (bracketts, axle, wheel) in my upgrade, so those pieces not available.

you're welcome to these two legs if you pick-up or pay cost of shipping.

dave schultz
bremerton, wa
360 692-3445
[quote] ---

dhschultz39(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: parts needed Reply with quote

rog - sorry. diddn't remember service bulletin, but probably because i had already changed them out.
r/s
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: