E-bay Mod 3 or 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
msm_9949(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: E-bay Mod 3 or 4 Reply with quote

There's what looks like a 75% or so complete model 3 or 4 with 582 (c box) and grove gear on e-bay now with a "buy-it-now" price of $15K. Anybody know the details? Looks like a good deal for someone.
Marco Menezes
Model 2 582 N99KX
Be a better friend, newshound, and [quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Back to top
msm_9949(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: E-bay Mod 3 or 4 Reply with quote

There's what looks like a 75% or so complete model 3 or 4 with 582 (c box) and grove gear on e-bay now with a "buy-it-now" price of $15K. Anybody know the details? Looks like a good deal for someone.

Forgot to include the link:

[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&viewitem=&item 60209539831]http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&viewitem=&item 60209539831[/url]
Marco Menezes
Model 2 582 N99KX
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Back to top
Fox5flyer
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:06 am    Post subject: E-bay Mod 3 or 4 Reply with quote

Marco, the ad gives a nice history of Kitfox, but nothing about the aircraft that is for sale. Are you sure that it's a 582 C-box? Looks somewhat like a B-box to me. Also, when did 582s start using oil coolers? Is that an oil cooler I'm seeing? Could that possibly be a 912 under there?
Just a few things that don't make sense.
Deke
do not archive

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Back to top
msm_9949(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: E-bay Mod 3 or 4 Reply with quote

I don't know Deke. Looks like a 582 box up front, be it a B or C. Can't explain the oil coolerish thing up there. Also, don't see any wings. I'll ask the seller.

Marco

do not archive.

fox5flyer <fox5flyer(at)idealwifi.net> wrote:
[quote] Marco, the ad gives a nice history of Kitfox, but nothing about the aircraft that is for sale. Are you sure that it's a 582 C-box? Looks somewhat like a B-box to me. Also, when did 582s start using oil coolers? Is that an oil cooler I'm seeing? Could that possibly be a 912 under there?
Just a few things that don't make sense.
Deke
do not archive

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Back to top
Fox5flyer
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: E-bay Mod 3 or 4 Reply with quote

OK, if it is a 582 and complete, whether a B or C box, it's definitely a "grab it now" deal for someone. Just enough left to do to be familiar with the airplane, yet most of the time consuming stuff is done. I think I saw a set of wings hanging on the wall. Please give us a report on what the seller says.
Deke Morisse
Mikado Michigan
S5/Subaru/CAP 355+ TT
"The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress."
- Joseph Joubert
[quote] From: Marco Menezes (msm_9949(at)yahoo.com)

fox5flyer <fox5flyer(at)idealwifi.net (fox5flyer(at)idealwifi.net)> wrote:
[quote] Marco, the ad gives a nice history of Kitfox, but nothing about the aircraft that is for sale. Are you sure that it's a 582 C-box? Looks somewhat like a B-box to me. Also, when did 582s start using oil coolers? Is that an oil cooler I'm seeing? Could that possibly be a 912 under there?
Just a few things that don't make sense.
Deke
do not archive

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Back to top
marin

Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Location: Stanwood WA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: E-bay Mod 3 or 4 Reply with quote

Look at the exhaust it comes out the front. I think that it is a 912.

Marin

--

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
Marin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
msm_9949(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: E-bay Mod 3 or 4 Reply with quote

Well whatever it was, it's moot now. Seller has withdrawn the listing "because of an error." ? Never did respond to my inquiry. Seemed too good to be true, and apparently it was.

do not archive

Marin Streeter <alderacres(at)foxinternet.net> wrote:
[quote] Look at the exhaust it comes out the front. I think that it is a 912.

Marin

--

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Back to top
Float Flyr

Joined: 19 Jul 2006
Location: Campbellton, Newfoundland

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: E-bay Mod 3 or 4 Reply with quote

A close look at the opening in the nose certainly looked like a 9xx to me.... Something that looked to me like a fuel pump behind and to the right of the oil cooler. Maybe the guy was just trying to get a sense of value for the plane... if that is the case he missed he only had one real bid. If the plane was complete and had 100hr. It could have been interesting to Canadian flyers.

Noel

From: Marco Menezes (msm_9949(at)yahoo.com)

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-Listhttp://forums.matronics.com Be a better friend, newshound, and [/b][/b][/b][/b]http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List[/b]http://forums.matronics.com[/b]http://www.matronics.com/contribution
[b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

Noel Loveys
Kitfox III-A
Aerocet 1100 Floats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours