Trutrak AP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
dlm46007(at)cox.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Trutrak AP Reply with quote

I have have the Digiflite II V2.20. The aircraft is not flying; roll servo harness is in dsub for wing connection. pitch servo harness is connected to the elevator control horn. When testing the controller, I find that the units turns on and properly indicates when receiving the GPS signal. The Problem is that the ALT Hold function can not be disengaged without going into setup mode and and turning off the pitch servo altogether. Is something wrong with the harness? the unit? or are these strange results in response to a system only partially connected? TT has updated the software once already and the aircraft has not left the garage.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Tim Olson

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Trutrak AP Reply with quote

David,

I've got good news, and bad news. The bad news is that yes, that's
the way it works. If you want no ALT hold, then you have to
hold the ALT button down until you're in the config menu
and just set it to not be on. I'm not sure why they
didn't make it able to be a wing leveler only, but other than
that method, there isn't a way that I've found.

There's more bad news... Version 2.20 is not going to be what
you'll want to fly with considering you have a good vertically
integrated system. 2.20 contains the rounding bug that will
cause pitch oscillations. So, perhaps before you get too far
along and into that pre-first-flight crunch, you may want to
get it up to at least 2.24, which does work well.

Now, for the good news... I haven't found that there's really
been much for times that I care about the seemingly goofy
step of turning the ALT hold off. Once you hook that AP to
the EFIS for doing your flights, you'll be able to set
altitude preselects on your Chelton, it will climb to altitude,
do your descents, both lateral and vertical controlling, heading
mode, and pretty much anything you would want. The only time
it would be at all handy to have the ALT hold off is if you
for some reason really want to hand fly the altitude only, but
let the EFIS or AP take care of the lateral steering....which
would kind of be strange since you HAVE the functionality to
make life easy. Plus, for those few times when you really
just want to get the climb going right away, the EFIS makes
hand flying so easy that you can just disengage the AP and
it's still easy. I know, you probably think the whole
situation sucks right now....but just wait until you fly
it...it works very well.

Tim Olson - RV-10 N104CD - Flying
do not archive

*

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
pcasson(at)sasktel.net
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:54 am    Post subject: Trutrak AP Reply with quote

Pretty darn sure pressing “Alt” a 2nd time would turn off Alt Hold on my unit. Not sure what version I’m running but will check later today.

Perry