Woodcomp Woes

Dave Miller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Woodcomp Woes Reply with quote

An oft heard plaint, but has anyone been in contact with Woodcomp lately?

After a couple of electrical problems that were relatively easy to fix, I now have a mechanical problem that I cannot fix.
Unable to get a response from the factory for the last 3 weeks.

Dave A061 [quote][b]

davidjoyce(at)doctors.org
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Woodcomp Woes Reply with quote

Dave, their ability to reply in English is pretty much confined to one man
(Jiri Holoubek), and at this time of the year he could well be away at
continental air shows or on holiday or working his way through the back log!
You just might be able to get telephone advice from Conrad Beale at ConAir,
as he is now the UK agent for Woodcomp props Tel/Fax +44 (0)1295 771088
Regards, David Joyce

Dave Miller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Woodcomp Woes Reply with quote

Thanks David,

I will keep trying to reach Jiri, I expect to be over in the U.K. later in the year, so perhaps I can talk to Conair then, if things have not been resolved.
In the meantime I have a warp drive installed. Works OK, but I miss the constant speed, makes my take offs and landings a bit prettier.

Regards,

Dave

"David Joyce" <davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk>
Sent by: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com
08/15/2007 02:30 PM Please respond to
europa-list(at)matronics.com

<europa-list(at)matronics.com> cc
Subject
Re: Woodcomp Woes

--> Europa-List message posted by: "David Joyce" <davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk>

Dave, their ability to reply in English is pretty much confined to one man
(Jiri Holoubek), and at this time of the year he could well be away at
continental air shows or on holiday or working his way through the back log!
You just might be able to get telephone advice from Conrad Beale at ConAir,
as he is now the UK agent for Woodcomp props Tel/Fax +44 (0)1295 771088
Regards, David Joyce

josok-e(at)ukolo.fi
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Woodcomp Woes Reply with quote

For some reason i have never had any problems with the communication, and as a matter of fact any other aspect of doing business with Woodcomp. Answers are there usually within hours. Like today, 3 hours from answer to reply.
Let me know if your message is still unanswered and i will do my best to intermediate,

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

PS not working for or sponsored by, but very happy with the service and product.
Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

Dave Miller

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Woodcomp Woes Reply with quote

Hi Jos,

Jiri has generally been very good at responding to the things that can be easily fixed, but the suggestion that the prop be returned for repair is perhaps not sitting very well.
I don't mind negative responses, at least then I can make other arrangements, but no response is frustrating.
If you are in contact with him and can encourage him to reply, it would be appreciated,

Regards,

Dave

"josok" <josok-e(at)ukolo.fi>
Sent by: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com
08/16/2007 11:34 AM Please respond to
europa-list(at)matronics.com

europa-list(at)matronics.com cc
Subject
Re: Woodcomp Woes

--> Europa-List message posted by: "josok" <josok-e(at)ukolo.fi>

For some reason i have never had any problems with the communication, and as a matter of fact any other aspect of doing business with Woodcomp. Answers are there usually within hours. Like today, 3 hours from answer to reply.
Let me know if your message is still unanswered and i will do my best to intermediate,

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

PS not working for or sponsored by, but very happy with the service and product.

Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

FORUMS -

kheindl(at)msn.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Woodcomp Woes Reply with quote

Hi Dave,

Just going through my emails after my trip to California and BC.
Jiri went on holiday about two weeks ago. My motor burned out in the middle
of nowhere, somewhere in Wyoming, but response was immediate to my cry for
help on how to adjust the pitch manually, but then he handed the problem to
Iva (his secretary ?) because he was off on holiday.
He left her no details, cosequently she sent the wrong motor to my friend's
address in L.A.. It took another two days to get another, this time correct,
motor. Iva stayed late on aFriday evening waiting for my email giving her
an address for the motor to be sent to. They used FedEx Priority for a very
fast service, which must have cost a small fortune. But it doesn't make me
feel any better about a failing motor, with the prop locked in minimum
pitch, at high altitude and 35 degree temperatures.

Cheers,

Karl

Quote: