Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0.02 worth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bradfnp(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: 0.02 worth Reply with quote

O.K.,
I have been sitting back watching the Scotch-Brite "discussion" from the sidelines, so now I am gonna weigh in.

I called 3M consumer division this afternoon and asked about the abrasive agent in the green pads

I was told by a rep from 3M that the abrasive in the green and maroon Scotch-Brite pads both is Alumimun Oxide. As a matter of fact, she told me that the only difference between the two was the abrasiveness (grit), the green more coarse.

She is supposed to be faxing me the MSDS/product description showing Aluminum Oxide as the abrasive agent. Hopefully it will be legible enough to scan into the computer and save as a .DOC file,. If those two stipulations are met, I will try to make it availiable to any other interested people/persons/builders...etc

Just my $0.02 worth

Brad Cohen
601xl tail & wings Scotch-Brited, prepped and primed!

Archieve at your leisure

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
owner-zenith-list-server(

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:07 am    Post subject: 0.02 worth Reply with quote

Oh my. Oh, my my my.

Brad, you have made a critical and fundamental error here: you have actually gathered facts. Your actions are entirely contrary to the spirit of the web, in that they are NOT likely to further the propagation of false information and the creation of needless concern.

This kind of conduct is, in a word, Un-American.

It's much better to have no faint idea of the facts, but still authoritatively post that green Scotchbrite contains "iron oxides" (rust?) and will therefore cause CORROSION (use of capital letters is important in matters like this) because of the dissimilar metals involved.

I trust you will ponder your transgression and address this huge character flaw.

Repent!!

Smile

Cheers
Doug Garrou
Project801
www.garrou.com
do not archive, please

--

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: