Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gettin er done

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdelano(at)telus.net

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Gettin er done Reply with quote

I’ve got the tail feathers 95% done and 80% to go. That stuff is tucked away on a shelf. I have been working on the right wing for about 6 months in spits and starts and it is about 90% done.

If many are like me, finding time to work on the “plane” project is the toughest. What I have found works, and I wanted to pass it along, is setting the alarm clock for 5 AM or a bit earlier, getting up, pouring a coffee and heading for the basement garage. Nobody is interested in my attention at that time of the morning, not even the dog. It is surprising how much progress you can make in 1 hour or a little bit more per day every day on a 701. Of course you have to get to bed before 10 pm.

Well better get to bed, got to set that alarm clock or maybe not. Found I did not get the jury strut angles 7-V-10-4SP with my wing kit, or anything else on dwg. 7-V-10. Sent an email to Zenith to see if I should have gotten these parts with the wing kit.
I can still rivet on some nose ribs and make a few small holes bigger, then maybe start on the nose ribs for the left wing.

Regards,

Perry
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
bryanekholm

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Gettin er done Reply with quote

Early morning is a great time to get things done on your project. I have the basement garage like you do, so my family doesn't always appreciate my air compressor turning on and my drills and cutters winding out. I've had to adjust my schedule to a little later in the morning, or I do more of the quiet work if its too early. Keep at it.

Bryan

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

dougsnash

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Gettin er done Reply with quote

Sounds like you are making steady progress Perry. Keep up the work and eventually you will have a airplane shaped piece of aluminum to fly. It absolutely amazed me as I was in the final stage of my project when my punch list became empty. I stood there in shock for a few seconds flipping the list back and forth looking for things to cross off. I think finishing my punch list was bigger for me than the actual first flight.

Keep plugging away and you'll eventually get there too.

Doug M
NW Ontario, Canada

To: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2013 12:16:26 AM
Subject: Gettin er done

I’ve got the tail feathers 95% done and 80% to go. That stuff is tucked away on a shelf. I have been working on the right wing for about 6 months in spits and starts and it is about 90% done.

If many are like me, finding time to work on the “plane” project is the toughest. What I have found works, and I wanted to pass it along, is setting the alarm clock for 5 AM or a bit earlier, getting up, pouring a coffee and heading for the basement garage. Nobody is interested in my attention at that time of the morning, not even the dog. It is surprising how much progress you can make in 1 hour or a little bit more per day every day on a 701. Of course you have to get to bed before 10 pm.

Well better get to bed, got to set that alarm clock or maybe not. Found I did not get the jury strut angles 7-V-10-4SP with my wing kit, or anything else on dwg. 7-V-10. Sent an email to Zenith to see if I should have gotten these parts with the wing kit.
I can still rivet on some nose ribs and make a few small holes bigger, then maybe start on the nose ribs for the left wing.

Regards,

Perry

[quote] --> http://www.matronics.com/=================

[b]

ronlee

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Gettin er done Reply with quote

It seems we have to get a few years under our belt before we realize how much more can get done by starting early in the day.
I tried to tell my kids to get an early start when traveling without much success. By nine in the morning my wife and I have three or four hours in where the kids are just getting started.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: