go pro mounts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
Strasnuts

Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: go pro mounts Reply with quote

If anyone is interested let me know. I may start making more. I have this style of mount which can be used on the wing tie-downs or tail tie-down. I also have a fuel cap mount I'm still testing which can move any direction before flight by simply turning the cap. attached is a pic of the tie down mount. It is made of steel.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

goprp mount.JPG
 Filesize:  380.39 KB
 Viewed:  10939 Time(s)

goprp mount.JPG

_________________
40936
RV-10 SB N801VR Flying
780 Hours
SuperSTOL 60 hours
wgreenley

Location: Dowagiac, MI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: go pro mounts Reply with quote

Any idea on price for the tie down mount?
Bill

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Strasnuts

Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: go pro mounts Reply with quote

Not sure without knowing how many are interested. I'm suspecting around 25 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 3, 2013, at 10:25, "William Greenley" <wgreenley(at)gmail.com> wrote:

[quote]

Any idea on price for the tie down mount?
Bill

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
40936
RV-10 SB N801VR Flying
780 Hours
SuperSTOL 60 hours
davidbowman1(at)verizon.n
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: go pro mounts Reply with quote

I'm interested
Dave Bowman
40831
N831DB Flying

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Strasnuts

Joined: 10 Feb 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: go pro mounts Reply with quote

Thanks for the interest. I'll make a batch and let you know when they are
available. I'm going to make them out of Stainless so they won't rust.
I'll post my video I made going to Baja Mexico and landing on the beach and
some dirt runways. The camera is really fun.
---

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
40936
RV-10 SB N801VR Flying
780 Hours
SuperSTOL 60 hours
schmoboy

Joined: 26 Feb 2006

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: go pro mounts Reply with quote

Speaking of GoPro, I am about to purchase a vid cam for inside the
cockpit. I've been researching the GoPro and also the NflightCam.

http://www.sportys.com/Pilotshop/product/16638

The thing I like about the nflightcam is the special lens which reduces
the prop blur effect. Has anyone tried both? If so, plus and minus?

Thanks,

-Sean #40303
On 3/3/13 6:07 PM, Dave Bowman wrote:
[quote]

I'm interested
Dave Bowman
40831
N831DB Flying

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
robin(at)PaintTheWeb.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: go pro mounts Reply with quote

Hay Sean (303),
I have been playing with these cams for some time. I don't have experience with all of the cameras but I do have time with most form factors. While the NFCam is a nice unit I do suggest you give the GoPro strong consideration for a number of reasons. First the new GoPro is a wonderful design and very good quality. GoPro has built a really good platform including the ability to link a couple of units for both 3D and 4K filming. If you don’t know what 4K is you will in a few years. I have been in conversations with a fellow doing some amazing air footage from his Velocity with something like 11 GoPro cams mounted to his bird. The images are amazing. The waterproof housing and apple/android integration are also a bonus. Throw in the best remote of all the cameras and you have a pretty compelling package. Plus much like the RV list there is a GoPro community that is unmatched by any other action camera company.
Another advantage to GoPro is one of the owners of FoxConn (where you cell phone was probably made) just dropped $200 MM into GoPro for 8% of the company valuing it at over a billion dollars. That means the GoPro eco system is probably only going to get more robust.
I was just in FL on a wave runner doing a self-tape movie through a ski slalom course. I used the chest mount, head mount, reversed the chest mount for a trailing video. Held the cam very close to the waterline fore & aft for a cool speed effect. Not too many action cam's would be comfortable or safe in that environment. It was no problem with the GP. Ultra easy to use with the waterproof housing. 1080P 48 FPS video looks pure! I am part way through editing and the video could be used in a theater setting.

Good luck,
Robin

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
velo

Joined: 22 Jul 2009

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: go pro mounts Reply with quote

Robin,

I particularly like the 4K Panasonic playback monitor for $500,000.00.

Rick

[...]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: go pro mounts Reply with quote

Yes, it's ok for a kitchen TV but I would not have one in my living room. Smile

Robin
Do not archive

Sent from my iPad2.

On Mar 4, 2013, at 6:42 AM, "Richard Barnes" <rickbarnes(at)highlanddental.com (rickbarnes(at)highlanddental.com)> wrote:

[quote] <![endif]--> <![endif]-->
[...]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Re: go pro mounts Reply with quote

Another mount we made and worked great. You can just turn your fuel cap to view the fuse.
I may make this as a one piece unit to replace the top of the cap instead of Drilling and tapping your cap like I did.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

photo 3.JPG
 Filesize:  89.68 KB
 Viewed:  10857 Time(s)

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG
 Filesize:  76.09 KB
 Viewed:  10857 Time(s)

photo 1.JPG

photo 4.JPG
 Filesize:  87.44 KB
 Viewed:  10857 Time(s)

photo 4.JPG

photo 2.JPG
 Filesize:  96.84 KB
 Viewed:  10857 Time(s)

photo 2.JPG

_________________
40936
RV-10 SB N801VR Flying
780 Hours
SuperSTOL 60 hours
Strepsils

Joined: 02 Jul 2021
Location: https://lunwenzhushou.net/thesis-dai-xie/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:55 am    Post subject: Re: go pro mounts Reply with quote

GoPro is the best camera in this world. I am really a big fan of it. I admire it.
I like travelling and making perfect videos.
But sometimes, because of study I can't spend a lot of time for travelling. So there is a perfect service, which helped me a lot.
https://lunwenzhushou.net/wang-ke-dai-xie/ https://lunwenzhushou.net/wang-ke-dai-xie/ 网课代考,代考, 网课代上, 网课代考价格, 代考英文, 网 课 代 写

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
https://lunwenzhushou.net/thesis-dai-xie/
Albert Gardner

Location: Yuma, AZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:23 pm    Post subject: go pro mounts Reply with quote

Candidate for banning from list.

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

RV-9A N872RV
RV-10 N991RV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours