Blue foam ribs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
alan99gill(at)yahoo.co.uk
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Blue foam ribs Reply with quote

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Alan Gill <alan99gill(at)yahoo.co.uk>
To: Pulsar List <Pulsar-list(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Sunday, 1 January 2012, 11:27
Subject: Blue foam ribs

Happy New Year to everyone.

The subject of "blue foam ribs" has risen with-in our Pulsar fleet, and mainly relates to the Pulsar XP (series 1) where petrol (gas) fumes can/will degrade the blue foam ribs. I have very little detail as to the history when the introduction of the  "brown (Clegicell) foam" started. At some stage, I think the brown foam (for rib 1 only) was introduced, and then all kits was provided with full set of brown foam ribs.

Any history (dates/year) re the introduction (or part off) the brown foam would be appreciated.

I am aware that the Pulsar II/III was not affected.

Thank you and regards

Alan Gill
UK Pulsar Squadron Support

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Back to top
freedom4life(at)xtra.co.n
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Blue foam ribs Reply with quote

I have serial number 403 and it has the Blue Foam dissolving ribs! Brian Anderson has a Pulsar XP not to far after mine and it has the Clegicell ribs. He will have to answer what serial number he has.

Cliff McChesney

Happy New Year to everyone.

The subject of "blue foam ribs" has risen with-in our Pulsar fleet, and mainly relates to the Pulsar XP (series 1) where petrol (gas) fumes can/will degrade the blue foam ribs. I have very little detail as to the history when the introduction of the "brown (Clegicell) foam" started. At some stage, I think the brown foam (for rib 1 only) was introduced, and then all kits was provided with full set of brown foam ribs.

Any history (dates/year) re the introduction (or part off) the brown foam would be appreciated.

I am aware that the Pulsar II/III was not affected.

Thank you and regards

Alan Gill
UK Pulsar Squadron Support

[quote]

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List">http://www.matronhref="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/c
[b]

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Back to top
freedom4life(at)xtra.co.n
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:40 am    Post subject: Blue foam ribs Reply with quote

Alan

I just checked and the serial number of Brian Anderson’s pulsar is 456. So between 403 and 456 the ribs were changed. I think Brian’s Pulsar XP would have been one of the last that Aero Designs produced?

Cliff

[...]

BIGJOHNTEX(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Blue foam ribs Reply with quote

Serial 367 had the blue foam except for #1 (and maybe the one just outboard of the tank), which was brown foam.

John Reeves, original owner.

In a message dated 1/2/2012 4:12:27 A.M. Central Standard Time, freedom4life(at)xtra.co.nz writes:
[...]

ef="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
s.matronics.com/">http://forums.matronics.com
p://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Back to top
sonja.englert(at)juno.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Blue foam ribs Reply with quote

I have Pulsar XP s/n 298 with blue foam ribs (some replaced).

Sonja

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Back to top
ccoulter(at)wavecable.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: Blue foam ribs Reply with quote

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 09:41:22 +0000 (GMT)
Alan Gill <alan99gill(at)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Quote:

[...]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Blue foam ribs Reply with quote

On Mon, 2 Jan 2012 09:41:22 +0000 (GMT)
Alan Gill <alan99gill(at)yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Quote:

The subject of "blue foam ribs" has risen with-in our
Pulsar fleet, and mainly relates to the Pulsar XP (series
1) where petrol (gas) fumes can/will degrade the blue
foam ribs. I have very little detail as to the
history when the  introduction of the  "brown (Clegicell)
foam" started.    At some stage, I think the brown foam
(for rib 1 only) was introduced, and then all kits was
provided with full set of brown foam ribs.

Any history (dates/year) re the introduction (or part
off)  the brown foam would be appreciated.

I am aware that the Pulsar II/III was not affected.

Thank you and regards

Alan Gill
UK Pulsar Squadron Support

My kit nr. is 452 and it had the brown ribs.

Clarke

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Back to top
mortweaver(at)sbcglobal.n
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Blue foam ribs Reply with quote

I have nearly 250 hours on a Pulsar XP with blue foam ribs and have experienced no fuel damage to ribs. During first 100 hours, I had to rework wing fuel tanks close out plate seal area on both wings 2 or 3 times. I fiber glassed wing root cuff seals on the fuselage to create a gap seal on both the upper and lower wing surfaces. It may very well be air flow while in flight, where there is in adequate gap seal (upper and lower surfaces), that poses the greatest risk for fuel vapor entering the interior of an affected wing. In the past, I have had puddles of gasoline on the floor area under my hangar parked Pulsar (due to leaking tank end plates). Upon removing wing inspection plates (not optional in my opinion) found no signs of blue wing foam deter-oration. The wing gap seal should extend all the way around the wing-fuselage intersection along the lower surface of wing root up to the wing flap.
Dave Weaver N912GR

--> Pulsar-List message posted by: "sonja.englert(at)juno.com (sonja.englert(at)juno.com)" <sonja.englert(at)juno.com (sonja.englert(at)juno.com)>

I have Pulsar XP s/n 298 with blue foam ribs (some replaced).

Sonja
http://wwsp; --> http://f= - List Contributionsp;   -Matt Dralle, cs.com/contribution" target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/contribution<=============

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Back to top
briana(at)xtra.co.nz
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Blue foam ribs Reply with quote

Alan,

My kit has all Klegcell ribs. Serial #456, delivered in April 1996. Oh my gosh - - that long ago !!
Brian

[quote]
The subject of "blue foam ribs" has risen with-in our Pulsar fleet, and mainly relates to the Pulsar XP (series 1) where petrol (gas) fumes can/will degrade the blue foam ribs. I have very little detail as to the history when the introduction of the "brown (Clegicell) foam" started. At some stage, I think the brown foam (for rib 1 only) was introduced, and then all kits was provided with full set of brown foam ribs.

Any history (dates/year) re the introduction (or part off) the brown foam would be appreciated.

I am aware that the Pulsar II/III was not affected.

Thank you and regards

Alan Gill
UK Pulsar Squadron Support

Quote:

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com/">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours