celebration

fklein(at)orcasonline.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: celebration Reply with quote

Gentlemen...just want to share my celebration of the release of Ms.
Europa from her cradle...and her inversion to facilitate the fitting
of the main wheel fairing...mouldings courtesy of Alex Bowman.

..oh the joy!!!

Fred

do not archive

DSCN3306.jpg
 Filesize:  46.87 KB
 Viewed:  3719 Time(s)

DSCN3306.jpg

DSCN3313.jpg
 Filesize:  49.85 KB
 Viewed:  3719 Time(s)

DSCN3313.jpg

DSCN3319.jpg
 Filesize:  39.79 KB
 Viewed:  3719 Time(s)

DSCN3319.jpg

DSCN3320.jpg
 Filesize:  41.99 KB
 Viewed:  3719 Time(s)

DSCN3320.jpg

Back to top
jeff(at)rmmm.net
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: celebration Reply with quote

Hey Fred...
What a draggy airplane. You'll be lucky if you get 100 MPH out of her. You better clean er up a bit! LOL!

Looks Great!!!

N128LJ Gold Rush

Do not archive!
On Jun 23, 2011, at 11:29 AM, Fred Klein wrote:

Quote:
Gentlemen...just want to share my celebration of the release of Ms. Europa from her cradle...and her inversion to facilitate the fitting of the main wheel fairing...mouldings courtesy of Alex Bowman.

...oh the joy!!!

Fred

do not archive

<DSCN3306.jpg>

<DSCN3313.jpg>

<DSCN3319.jpg>

<DSCN3320.jpg>

budyerly(at)msn.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: celebration Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Way to go Fred.
[quote] ---

grahamsingleton(at)btinte
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: celebration Reply with quote

Looks very nice Fred! Where have you mounted the radiators?
One thing to watch when you start flying is the temperature of the exhaust from the cowling, you don't want it too hot or it will wrinkle the fuselage skins. Depends how well cured the mouldings are but some of the earlier ones wrinkled in sunlight.
Graham

Gentlemen...just want to share my celebration of the release of Ms. Europa from her cradle...and her inversion to facilitate the fitting of the main wheel fairing...mouldings courtesy of Alex Bowman.

...oh the joy!!!

Fred

do not archive

gregoryf.flyboy(at)comcas
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: celebration Reply with quote

Out of the cradle (and into a walker?).....The babes growing!
Good time to tip back a bottle or two to bask in the progress. Whoop whoop!

Fergus Kyle

Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Location: Burlington ON Canada

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:08 am    Post subject: celebration Reply with quote

Cheers,
Respecting Fred Klein’s release of Ms. Europa from her cradle, may I note that (for anyone building within 300 miles of Burlington ON Canada), I have just moved all the parts for a Europa cradle from behind the rec.-room sofa and am hopeful I have no more need for same. This constitutes a full-length cradle of 2x4 lengths holding 5/8” plywood compartments, per an early club design, is easily transported (will deliver to save my marriage), quickly re-erected and simply stored.
Line up, and offer me a beer.
Ferg [quote][b]

rlborger(at)mac.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: celebration Reply with quote

Fred,

You are making some serious progress. Keep at it!

Blue skies & tailwinds,
Bob Borger
Europa Kit #A221 N914XL, XS Tri-Gear, Intercooled 914, Airmaster C/S Prop
http://www.europaowners.org/forums/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=60232
http://www.biplaneforumgallery.com/index.php?cat=10046
Europa Flying!
3705 Lynchburg Dr.
Corinth, TX 76208
Home: 940-497-2123
Cel: 817-992-1117
On Jun 23, 2011, at 11:29, Fred Klein wrote:

Quote:
Gentlemen...just want to share my celebration of the release of Ms. Europa from her cradle...and her inversion to facilitate the fitting of the main wheel fairing...mouldings courtesy of Alex Bowman.

...oh the joy!!!

Fred

do not archive

<DSCN3306.jpg>

<DSCN3313.jpg>

<DSCN3319.jpg>

<DSCN3320.jpg>

fklein(at)orcasonline.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: celebration Reply with quote

On Jun 24, 2011, at 1:44 AM, GRAHAM SINGLETON wrote:
Quote:
Looks very nice Fred!

Thank you Graham...I hold your opinions in very high regard...

Quote:
Where have you mounted the radiators?

See attached pixs...twin 125 x 250 x 40mm thick rads flank the PSRU; air entering the round inlets is routed thru internal ducting for (hopefully) non-turbulent flow til it exits thru the gills along the side of the cowl. Note that the exit gill is partitioned to also provide an exit path for air circulation under the cowl...the pix shows an oversized remote oil filter (finned for a bit of cooling) on the stbd side.

Quote:
One thing to watch when you start flying is the temperature of the exhaust from the cowling, you don't want it too hot or it will wrinkle the fuselage skins.

Good point. I have used a 350 degree F. high-temp resin for my cowls and the portion of the fairing which attaches to the LG arm. The exhaust pipe extends 55mm beyond the adjacent FG at a minimum, which I've thought would be satisfactory...frankly, I haven't given any thought to the effects of exhaust temps on the fuselage skins. (I judged the condition to be comparable to that of the stock XS installation.) Please enlighten me as to why you would think this may be a concern...(?).
I do appreciate your expressing your concerns...please continue to do so, as I've entered into a realm of considerable novelty where I'm guided more by intuition than technical knowledge and experience.
Fred
[img]cid:B73405E0-4D98-4CEE-81D5-D01C0A180625[/img]
[img]cid:7777D4CD-1670-44E0-B5E2-559CC244687C[/img]
[img]cid:CB08F45A-210A-47AE-8C65-4B44D14843E2[/img]
[img]cid:DAC18098-86C0-4F1B-B449-2484E40524EB[/img]
do not archive

DSCN2903.jpg
 Filesize:  71.06 KB
 Viewed:  3675 Time(s)