Bungee Time!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
dave.go

Joined: 20 Jul 2009

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Bungee Time!! Reply with quote

I need to replace the saggy old bungees on my Mod IV 1050. I have looked through the archives and determined this is a job for two. If anyone has any ideas that make it quick and easy now would be the time to share.
The bungees I am installing are beige with two red and one yellow stripe. Been in the package a couple of years. Anyone care to tell me what this code means cause the ones I am removing are way different for stripes.
Thanks
Dave G. mod IV 1050 582 Warp. [quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Pat Reilly

Joined: 06 Aug 2009

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Bungee Time!! Reply with quote

Dave, I replaced mine with Lowell Fitt's bush gear. Try that. It's alot more work and alot more $ but alot more friendly when I'm doing ground loops.

Pat Reilly
Mod 3 582 Rebuilt
Rockford, IL
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Dave G <d.goddard(at)ns.sympatico.ca (d.goddard(at)ns.sympatico.ca)> wrote:
Quote:

I need to replace the saggy old bungees on my Mod IV 1050. I have looked through the archives and determined this is a job for two. If anyone has any ideas that make it quick and easy now would be the time to share.
The bungees I am installing are beige with two red and one yellow stripe. Been in the package a couple of years. Anyone care to tell me what this code means cause the ones I am removing are way different for stripes.
Thanks
Dave G. mod IV 1050 582 Warp.
Quote:

arget="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
tp://forums.matronics.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

--
Pat Reilly
Mod 3 582 Rebuild
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Tom Jones

Joined: 12 Mar 2006
Location: Ellensburg, WA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Bungee Time!! Reply with quote

Dave, I would say your bungees were manufactured in the 4th quarter of a year ending in 2 or 7. If you know they are only a couple years old then I say 2007.

Here's everything you ever wanted to know about bungees. AC 43.13-1B Chapter 9. Bungees are on page 9-2.
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/99c827db9baac81b86256b4500596c4e/$FILE/Chapter%2009-10.pdf

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
Tom Jones
Classic IV
503 Rotax, 72 inch Two blade Warp
Ellensburg, WA
Guy Buchanan

Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Location: Ramona, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Bungee Time!! Reply with quote

On 6/20/2011 4:18 PM, Patrick Reilly wrote:
Quote:
Dave, I replaced mine with Lowell Fitt's bush gear. Try that. It's
alot more work and alot more $ but alot more friendly when I'm
doing ground loops.

Pat,
I like Lowell's gear a lot, but I find I get much better rotation
on my ground loops with the narrow gear. Wink

Do NOT archive

Guy Buchanan
Ramona, CA
Kitfox IV-1200 / 592-C / Warp 3cs / 500 hrs. and grounded

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
Guy Buchanan
Deceased K-IV 1200
A glider pilot too.
KeysFox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Bungee Time!! Reply with quote

Changed mine about 3 years ago on a 1050. They are still doing thier job.
if you want me to look for stripe colors to see if they match yours let me
know.

bj
KF IV 1050 Rotax 912 warp Drive/nickle edge

--
Pat Reilly
Mod 3 582 Rebuild

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
B Jones
N154K
443-480-1023
Lynn Matteson

Location: Grass Lake, Michigan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Bungee Time!! Reply with quote

Those shock cord codes are spelled out in AC 43-13....I don't have my
copy handy, or I'd let you in on the "secret."

Lynn Matteson
Kitfox IV Speedster, taildragger
Jabiru 2200, #2062
Temporarily w/Sensenich 55.5 x 46 prop while
Prince prop (64 x 30, P-tip) is in for upgrade
Electroair direct-fire ignition system
Rotec TBI-40 injection (sleeved to 36mm)
3-27-2006)
do not archive

On Jun 21, 2011, at 10:46 PM, bjones(at)dmv.com wrote:

Quote:

Changed mine about 3 years ago on a 1050. They are still doing
thier job.
if you want me to look for stripe colors to see if they match yours
let me
know.

bj
KF IV 1050 Rotax 912 warp Drive/nickle edge

Dave, I replaced mine with Lowell Fitt's bush gear. Try that. It's
alot
> more
> work and alot more $ but alot more friendly when I'm doing ground
> loops.
>
> Pat Reilly
> Mod 3 582 Rebuilt
> Rockford, IL
>
> On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Dave G
> <d.goddard(at)ns.sympatico.ca> wrote:
>
>> **
>>

>> I need to replace the saggy old bungees on my Mod IV 1050. I have
>> looked
>> through the archives and determined this is a job for two. If
>> anyone has
>> any
>> ideas that make it quick and easy now would be the time to share.
>>
>> The bungees I am installing are beige with two red and one yellow
>> stripe.
>> Been in the package a couple of years. Anyone care to tell me
>> what this
>> code
>> means cause the ones I am removing are way different for stripes.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dave G. mod IV 1050 582 Warp.
>>
>> *
>>
>> *
>>

> --
> Pat Reilly
> Mod 3 582 Rebuild
> Rockford,IL

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
Lynn
Kitfox IV-Jabiru 2200
N369LM
occom

Joined: 26 Aug 2006

Well, that would be one way to go I suppose. You mention the price, keep in mind there are a lot more little money sucking trolls between Lowell and Nova Scotia than on the way to Illinois. They have to be fed or your merchandise never arrives. I think if I ever choose to replace the stock gear it will be for the Grove system. In the meantime, I have to replace the cords on the system I have, and I'm having trouble.

[quote] From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Patrick Reilly
Sent: June-20-11 8:18 PM
To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Bungee Time!!

Dave, I replaced mine with Lowell Fitt's bush gear. Try that. It's alot more work and alot more $ but alot more friendly when I'm doing ground loops.

Pat Reilly
Mod 3 582 Rebuilt
Rockford, IL
[b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
dave

Joined: 22 Sep 2006

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bungee Time!! Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, that would be one way to go I suppose. You mention the price, keep in mind there are a lot more little money sucking trolls between Lowell and Nova Scotia than on the way to Illinois. They have to be fed or your merchandise never arrives. I think if I ever choose to replace the stock gear it will be for the Grove system. In the meantime, I have to replace the cords on the system I have, and I'm having trouble.

for the price of a new gear I could fly commercial to NS return 3 times --

Bungees are not that hard -- use common sense
http://rotaxaircraft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=87

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
Realtime Kitfox movies to separate the internet chatter from the truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/kitfoxflyer
Hundreds of Kitfox Movies
Most viewed Kitfox on youtube
Most popular on youtube
Highest rated on youtube
dave

Joined: 22 Sep 2006

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: Bungee Time!! Reply with quote

Here you go as promised...............

Cannot be easier to put on Bungees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_kEZnXDgYM

I just plain sick of hearing about all the whining about bungees

visegrips, clamps bla bla blah !!!!

Simple Tube gear Bungee install .............

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

Realtime Kitfox movies to separate the internet chatter from the truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/kitfoxflyer
Hundreds of Kitfox Movies
Most viewed Kitfox on youtube
Most popular on youtube
Highest rated on youtube
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours