Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More Airplane "Things"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galinhdz(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: More Airplane "Things" Reply with quote

Now that the temperature here in Texas is climbing above 100 degrees F almost every day I always wonder how the increased density altitude is affecting the airplane's performance. So I made up an Excel spreadsheet with ESTIMATED performance calculations based on airplane loading, weather and runway conditions. I added the performance estimator in to another Excel worksheet that made up for TR-4 Weight & Balance calculation.

I have used it for the past few weeks and it seems to work but I don't fly enough to really put it through it's paces and verify how close the estimates are. So, I am attaching it here so others can try it and see if it is "close enough" and where "bugs" are that need to be fixed. I already know of one "bug" I need to fix, I just haven't figured out how to fix it yet. Surprised)

Galin
N819PR

- The Matronics KIS-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?KIS-List

KIS4_Performance_-_W&B.xls
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  KIS4_Performance_-_W&B.xls
 Filesize:  55 KB
 Downloaded:  195 Time(s)

KIS4_Estimated_Performance_Calculator_Instructions.doc
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  KIS4_Estimated_Performance_Calculator_Instructions.doc
 Filesize:  29.5 KB
 Downloaded:  809 Time(s)

kentpyle(at)iland.net

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: More Airplane "Things" Reply with quote

Galin, I again wish to extend my invitation to stop by the Clinton Airport (GLY) and overnight on the way to AirvVenture. My plans are to leave Clinton around 8 AM, stop by Washington, Iowa for fuel and then go on to AirVenture.

Harry Cook, from Kerrville, and I have been doing this for the past 10 years or so.

Kent Pyle, 354 SE 100th Road, Clinton, MO 64735 660-885-2176 Cell 660-351-2420

Harry, Galin has the Kis Cruiser that I was checked out in in order to meet the insurance requirements for coverage for the first flight.

Kent
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

galinhdz(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: More Airplane "Things" Reply with quote

THANKS for the offer. I would LOVE to do this but I doubt I will have
the "time" ($$$) to go to Oshkosh this year. We went to Sun-N-Fun this
year and the wife has a wedding I have to go to so our flying budget
is very low right now. Surprised(

I do plan to make Oshkosh next year, God willing. But if there is a
change of plans I will let you know immediately. Do you fly your KIS
there? I want to fly mine there soon.

Galin

On Sunday, June 19, 2011, kent pyle <kentpyle(at)iland.net> wrote:
[quote]
Galin, I again wish to extend my invitation to stop
by the Clinton Airport (GLY) and overnight on the way to AirvVenture.  My
plans are to leave Clinton around 8 AM, stop by Washington, Iowa for fuel and
then go on to AirVenture.

Harry Cook, from Kerrville, and I have been doing
this for the past 10 years or so.

Kent Pyle, 354 SE 100th Road, Clinton, MO 64735
660-885-2176  Cell 660-351-2420

Harry, Galin has the Kis Cruiser that I was checked
out in in order to meet the insurance requirements for coverage for the first
flight.

Kent

---

kentpyle(at)iland.net

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: More Airplane "Things" Reply with quote

Yes, I will be flying the KIS there this and next year as well. The
invitation is open so come on up!! Kent
---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> KIS-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: