Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
PMorel

Joined: 09 Jul 2007
Location: Locust Grove, GA USA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:49 am    Post subject: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

Hi Sun-n-Fun spring breakers,

Sun-n-Fun is just around the corner at the end of March. I was wondering if there might be a parking area where some of the Kitfox builders and owners plan to gather or have gathered in the past? Last year, I saw a few scattered in the homebuilt section and thought it might be nice to corral a bunch in one area. What are your thoughts or recommendations?

Paul Morel
912 Speedster
Locust Grove, GA
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
Paul Morel
912 Speedster
Locust Grove, GA

www.WingsAirPhotos.com
Dorsal

Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Location: MA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

I am planning on going and just brought this up on the "other" group, looks like there will be a few of us, would be fun to get together.

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
Dorsal ~~^~~
Series 7 Flying
912S Warp Drive
Tommy Walker

Location: Anniston, AL 36207

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

Paul, me and two of my buddies are going to be there. If someone will decide on a place and time, we would sure like to meet other KF-ers.
you can reach me here or 256-473-9282 on my cell.
Tommy

[quote="PMorel"]Hi Sun-n-Fun spring breakers,

Sun-n-Fun is just around the corner at the end of March. I was wondering if there might be a parking area where some of the Kitfox builders and owners plan to gather or have gathered in the past? Last year, I saw a few scattered in the homebuilt section and thought it might be nice to corral a bunch in one area. What are your thoughts or recommendations?

Paul Morel
912 Speedster
Locust Grove, GA
Quote:
[b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
Tommy Walker
N25A - Anniston, AL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
n981ms(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

I plan to be there in the RV10 in Homebuilt camping. N810VA. I'll be looking for the Kitfoxes. The Fox won't tote the 3 of us.

Maxwell Duke
Kitfox S6/TD/IO240
1996 Maule M7 235C Sold
RV-10 IO-540
Dublin, GA
- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Back to top
rawheels

Joined: 09 Jul 2008
Location: Westfield, IN

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Re: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

I attend Oshkosh Airventure every year, but have never made it down to Sun-n-fun. For those that have been to both, how do they compare?

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
Kitfox IV-1200
Indianapolis, IN
KeysFox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

I try to attend both annually.

Sun N Fun has better chance of good weather.

Otherwise both great events but Sun N Fun is my preference.

BJ
Kitfox IV 912
Twin Comanche CR Turbo

Quote:

I attend Oshkosh Airventure every year, but have never made it down to
Sun-n-fun. For those that have been to both, how do they compare?

--------
Ryan Wheeler
Kitfox IV-1200
Indianapolis, IN

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
B Jones
N154K
443-480-1023
Lynn Matteson

Location: Grass Lake, Michigan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

Based on attending SnF in 2005 in a motorhome, and not being able to
get there twice due to (flying) weather and the distance...1200
miles....Oshkosh (>400 miles) is my choice. With the motorhome at
SnF, I paid for the week of parking in their campground, and when I
got ready to leave after 3 days, I was told here was no refund for
the remaining time unused. At Oshkosh, after 3 nights, any time left
in the prepaid week is refundable, whether you fly in and camp, or
camp in the motorhome lots. One year at SnF, they were inundated with
rain and there were no dry areas for the parking of planes available,
just like last year at 'kosh. Now they may have changed their tune
(on camping refunds) at SnF, I wouldn't know...maybe someone who has
actually flown/driven in there and camped in their spaces, could shed
some light on the subject.

Lynn Matteson
Kitfox IV Speedster, taildragger
Jabiru 2200, #2062
Sensenich 62"x 55.5 Wood (winter) until the Prince prop arrives
Electroair direct-fire ignition system
Rotec TBI-40 injection
do not archive

On Feb 7, 2011, at 8:59 AM, bjones(at)dmv.com wrote:

Quote:

I try to attend both annually.

Sun N Fun has better chance of good weather.

Otherwise both great events but Sun N Fun is my preference.

BJ
Kitfox IV 912
Twin Comanche CR Turbo

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

_________________
Lynn
Kitfox IV-Jabiru 2200
N369LM
rexinator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:38 pm    Post subject: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

I'm originally from Orlando and attended Sun 'n Fun from the 1st one for
many years until I moved to Colorado about 20 years ago. I've missed
most years since then and had never been able to make it to Airventure
until 2008. I was at Sun 'n Fun 2005. Airventure is much bigger and
bigger can be better. To try to see and do everything the at Airventure
1st time you really should stay the full week. Sun 'n Fun can be done in
less time since it's not as large, but it gets bigger every year too.
I'll be at Sun 'n Fun for a day or two this year and likely make it to
Airventure as well. Overall I'd say it's around half the size of
Airventure and the smaller scale has it's appeal. Just my impression.

Rex Hefferan
Colorado
Model II, 582

On 2/7/2011 5:26 AM, rawheels wrote:
Quote:

I attend Oshkosh Airventure every year, but have never made it down to Sun-n-fun. For those that have been to both, how do they compare?

--------
Ryan Wheeler
Kitfox IV-1200
Indianapolis, IN

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
PMorel

Joined: 09 Jul 2007
Location: Locust Grove, GA USA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

Sun-n-Fun is the perfect time of year for me to give the cold weather a break and do some flying and meet up with some good friends. Plenty of vendors there for shopping (even if it's window shopping). Plenty of forums to attend too. Of course it's not half a big as Air Venture has grown to, but it won't leave you disappointed. Weather is always a factor, but what the heck, we all knew that when we took on this gig. Since we can't seem to decide where to rally the Kitfox's then I'll hope to meet up with everyone in the homebuilt section. Maybe we can get a row or two set up just for us like some of the other groups do. Anyone want to volunteer to look into that?

Paul Morel
912 Speedster
Locust Grove, GA

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Dick Maddux

Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Location: Milton, Fl

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

>I attend Oshkosh Airventure every year, but have never made it down to Sun-n-fun.
For those that have been to both, how do they compare? <

Oshkosh is bigger
    Dick Maddux
    Milton,Fl

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
pchristensen10(at)austin.
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

I'm thinking of going to SNF for the first time. It will be quite a
trip from Austin, TX about 1030 miles, almost as far as Oshkosh was.
What is the camping like at SNF?

Pete
Kitfox III, 912, Grove
On 2/8/2011 2:25 AM, PMorel wrote:
[...]

dave

Joined: 22 Sep 2006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

I will be there in the condo......near by-- will visit one or two days to SNF

pchristensen10(at)austin. wrote:
[...]

Realtime Kitfox movies to separate the internet chatter from the truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/kitfoxflyer
Hundreds of Kitfox Movies
Most viewed Kitfox on youtube
Most popular on youtube
Highest rated on youtube
brubakermal(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

we will be ther all week working in the lightsport/ ultralight aria for the 20th year. look us up mal

Malcolm Brubaker
Michigan Sport
Pilot Repair
LSRM-A, PPC, WS
(989)513-3022

--> Kitfox-List message posted by: "dave" <dave(at)cfisher.com (dave(at)cfisher.com)>

I will be there in the condo.....near by-- will visit one or two days to SNF

pchristensen10(at)austin. wrote:
Quote:
I'm thinking of going to SNF for the first time. It will be quite a
trip from Austin, TX about 1030 miles, almost as far as Oshkosh was.
What is the camping like at SNF?

Pete
Kitfox III, 912, Grove

On 2/8/2011 2:25 AM, PMorel wrote:

>  Sun-n-Fun is the perfect time of year for me to give the cold weather a break and do some flying and meet up with some good friends. Plenty of vendors there for shopping (even if it's window shopping). Plenty of forums to attend too. Of course it's not half a big as Air Venture has grown to, but it won't leave you disappointed. Weather is always a factor, but what the heck, we all knew that when we took on this gig.  Since we can't seem to decide where to rally the Kitfox's then I'll hope to meet up with everyone in the homebuilt section. Maybe we can get a row or two set up just for us like some of the other groups do. Anyone want to volunteer to look into that?
>
> Paul Morel
> 912 Speedster
> Locust Grove, GA
>

> Read this topic online here:

--------
Rotax Dealer, Ontario Canada
http://www.cfisher.com/
http://www.kitfoxflyer.com/
http://rotaxaircraft.com/forum/
Realtime Kitfox movies to separate the internet chatter from the truth
http://www.youtube.com/user/kitfoxflyer

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronibsp;

The fish are bitining.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php?o=US2140&cmp=Yahoo&ctv=Q107Tagline&s=Y&s2=EM&b=50"> Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing. [quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Back to top
pchristensen10(at)austin.
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Kitfox Corral at Sun-n-Fun Reply with quote

Its looking likely that I'll be going to SNF from the Austin area.
Probably flying just inland along the Gulf. Anyone suggest interesting
airports/stops along the way maybe places to camp?

Pete
Leander, TX
Kitfox III, SN 1000, 912, Grove

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours