Ipanema

fklein(at)orcasonline.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Ipanema Reply with quote

Though the concept of John Wigney's "dental floss bikini" blows my mind, I offer the following to segue back to things aviation...

Fred

Begin forwarded message:
Quote:
From: John Lawton <wingdingy(at)gmail.com (wingdingy(at)gmail.com)>
Date: December 2, 2010 5:09:48 AM PST
To: Fred Klein <fklein(at)orcasonline.com (fklein(at)orcasonline.com)>
Subject: Re: Re: What's going on?

Hey Fred,

Thanks. The Ximango is a very nice motorglider. Very well made. I might be visiting the factory myself next month.

I just passed 500 hours in mine. The attached is a photo I took while flying over the White Mountains and the Owens Valley last June. This is at the north end of the Owens, just about over Boundary Peak at the north end of the White range. This photo was taken on a 500K flight out of Minden, NV, to Bishop, CA, then back to Minden. I'm at about 16,500' msl here. Enjoy!

Regards,

John Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)
N245E - Flying

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Fred Klein <fklein(at)orcasonline.com (fklein(at)orcasonline.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Hey John,

Thought this might be of interest,

Fred

Begin forwarded message:

Quote:
From: "rampil" <ira.rampil(at)gmail.com (ira.rampil(at)gmail.com)>
Date: December 1, 2010 2:41:00 PM PST
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com (europa-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: What's going on?

--> Europa-List message posted by: "rampil" <ira.rampil(at)gmail.com (ira.rampil(at)gmail.com)>

I'm sitting on Ipanema beach in Rio using the public wifi and not flying.
Did have a very nice visit to the Aeromot factory in Porto Alegre, though.
They make a very nice motorglider called the Ximago.
Ciao,

Ira

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=321976#321========================[b]http://www.matronics.com/contribution
    -Matt Dralle, List - The Europa-List --> <a href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List" &nhref="http://forums.matronics.com" ======

[img]cid:BA6554AE-D968-4D16-82C7-3BAF0D60C49E[/img]

Over_the_Whites.JPG
 Filesize:  1.8 MB
 Viewed:  5775 Time(s)

Over_the_Whites.JPG

Back to top
Jeff(at)rmmm.net
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Ipanema Reply with quote

Hey how about a string bikini at 16,500 feet?

Sorry I just had to.

Jeff R. N128LJ Gold Rush

From: "rampil" <ira.rampil(at)gmail.com (ira.rampil(at)gmail.com)>
Date: December 1, 2010 2:41:00 PM PST
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com (europa-list(at)matronics.com)

--> Europa-List message posted by: "rampil" <ira.rampil(at)gmail.com (ira.rampil(at)gmail.com)>

I'm sitting on Ipanema beach in Rio using the public wifi and not flying.
Did have a very nice visit to the Aeromot factory in Porto Alegre, though.
They make a very nice motorglider called the Ximago.
Ciao,

Ira

--------
Ira N224XS

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=321976#321========================[b][/url][url=http://www.buildersbooks.com/][/url][url=http://www.matronics.com/contribution]http://www.matronics.com/contribution
    -Matt Dralle, List - The Europa-List -->
[/url]
[url=http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List]
[/url]
[url=http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List]
[/url]

<Over the Whites.JPG>
[url=http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List]
[/url]
[url=http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List]

kevann(at)gotsky.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Ipanema Reply with quote

John,
Nice photo and a very nice airplane. Gimme a holler if you're in the neighborhood again. My house is about 10 miles at your 3 o'clock from you in that photo, on the west side of the valley. Nice clouds. I bet you did'nt even have to stop and thermal on the Whites.

Kevin
N211KA hangered at KBIH
[quote] ---

Over_the_Whites.JPG
 Filesize:  1.8 MB
 Viewed:  5766 Time(s)

Over_the_Whites.JPG

Back to top
rampil

Joined: 04 May 2007

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Ipanema Reply with quote

OK, OK,
A couple of pix
Propriety prevents me from posting any close ups, but
here is Ipanema, and the Aeromot factory

Aeromot.jpg
with Claudio
 Filesize:  140.85 KB
 Viewed:  5731 Time(s)

Aeromot.jpg

BeachBalcony.jpg
from Praia Ipamena
 Filesize:  189.45 KB
 Viewed:  5731 Time(s)

BeachBalcony.jpg

_________________
Ira N224XS
fklein(at)orcasonline.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Ipanema Reply with quote

On Dec 4, 2010, at 4:31 PM, rampil wrote:

Quote:
here is Ipanema,

So Ira...what part of "dental floss bikini" don't you understand? Smile)

do not archive

rampil

Joined: 04 May 2007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Re: Ipanema Reply with quote

Oh I have a few shots of them, particularly flossy are the burst
sequence of some teens learning capoeira on the beach, and another of aftermath of our boat driving directly under a falls at Iguacu.

All told, I was at 8 aerodromes, and saw scant evidence of GA, though I know it was there. The smallest aircraft I saw was a C206 on floats on the Rio Negro about 100km upriver from Manaus in Amazonia. In that part of the country, the distance between actual airports far exceeds the Europa fuel range it seemed.

Ciao,

Ira N224XS
rampil

Joined: 04 May 2007

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Ipanema Reply with quote

BTW, now that I am home, it is too cold for dental floss, but here
is a shot of a lady near a local beach Wink

LadyFromEuropaSmall.jpg
 Filesize:  764.4 KB
 Viewed:  5694 Time(s)

LadyFromEuropaSmall.jpg

_________________
Ira N224XS
Rocketman

Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Location: USA, Earth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Ipanema Reply with quote

Jeeze, Ira. You clean up pretty good... Smile

Jeff - Baby Blue

do not archive

On 12/4/2010 6:31 PM, rampil wrote:
Quote:

OK, OK,
A couple of pix
Propriety prevents me from posting any close ups, but
here is Ipanema, and the Aeromot factory

--------
Ira N224XS

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/aeromot_961.jpg