using the Stewarts system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
gajindra(at)sbcglobal.net
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:09 pm    Post subject: using the Stewarts system Reply with quote

I am using Stewarts water bourne system to cover my mark 111c .I bought a Kolb kit that had been started and the fellow quit on it.Stewarts is faa approved and has no toxic fumes,also been around awhile.Glues will stay tacky and the cloth easy to work with and moved around till glue is recoated over seams or joints.Moved the plane into our house after New Years to do the covering.Double doors on front of house.Attached is a couple pics.Also did uv protection in the livingroom.Cost may be little higher but no toxic fumes to inhale or handle.The furnace never had to be turned off.No fumes!
Gary Jindra
Mark 111c
582 E-box
building

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

plane_004.JPG
 Filesize:  679.22 KB
 Viewed:  2204 Time(s)

plane_004.JPG

top_018.JPG
 Filesize:  2.15 MB
 Viewed:  2204 Time(s)

top_018.JPG

Back to top
rickofudall

Joined: 19 Sep 2009
Location: Udall, KS, USA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: using the Stewarts system Reply with quote

Beautiful work, Gary. If you don't mind a suggestion from a 582 powered Mk IIIC owner/flyer, put in a one piece larger fuel tank now, if you can. 10 gallons is barely two hours of flight time with no reserve. It really puts a damper on leaving the pattern to enjoy your airplane. I'm sure Hauck will validate this view point. I know it's on my list for this winter when I recover the fuselage of mine. None of my business, but does "into our house" imply a spouse? If so, you are one lucky man. :-}
Rick Girard
Zulu Delta
Mk IIIC
582 Gray head
4.00 C gearbox
3 blade WD
Thanks, Homer GBYM

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:06 PM, GARY JINDRA <gajindra(at)sbcglobal.net (gajindra(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:
[quote]I am using Stewarts water bourne system to cover my mark 111c .I bought a Kolb  kit that had been started and the fellow quit on it.Stewarts is faa approved and has no toxic fumes,also been around awhile.Glues will stay tacky and the cloth easy to work with and moved around till glue is recoated over seams or joints.Moved the plane into our house after New Years to do the covering.Double doors on front of house.Attached is a couple pics.Also did uv protection in the livingroom.Cost may be little higher but no toxic fumes to inhale or handle.The furnace never had to be turned off.No fumes!
Gary Jindra
Mark 111c
582 E-box
building
[b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
The smallest miracle right in front of you is enough to make you happy....
gajindra(at)sbcglobal.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: using the Stewarts system Reply with quote

Thanks Rick,I have put Kolbs 6 gallon tanks in the plane.By raising the roof line in the back and putting a removable lexan window I can change out the tanks if need be.It also gave some storagebehind the tanks on an aluminum shelf across the upper tank framing that extends to the back.And yes there is a wife and she has been a great help and supporter of the project.

Gary Jindra

Mark 111c
582 e-box building
[...]

=nofollow target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
et=_blank>http://forums.matronics.com
llow target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
rickofudall

Joined: 19 Sep 2009
Location: Udall, KS, USA

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: using the Stewarts system Reply with quote

Gary, Send her flowers often, she's a real keeper. :-} Where are you located? I keep hoping I'll find a fellow Kolber in Kansas, it's lonely here in the Air Capitol.
Rick

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:06 PM, GARY JINDRA <gajindra(at)sbcglobal.net> wrote:
[...]

tp://forums.matronics.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

--
Zulu Delta
Mk IIIC

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

_________________
The smallest miracle right in front of you is enough to make you happy....
gajindra(at)sbcglobal.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: using the Stewarts system Reply with quote

Rick I will be flying out of Mayfield airport 1D4 in Akron,Ohio same as Gary Aman does in
the summer
[...]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:43 pm    Post subject: using the Stewarts system Reply with quote

Any lurkers out there located on the Great Plains? Someone west of the Missouri River must own and fly a Kolb.

Rick
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:00 PM, GARY JINDRA <gajindra(at)sbcglobal.net (gajindra(at)sbcglobal.net)> wrote:
[...]

Kolb Mk IIIC
582 Gray head
4.00 C gearbox
3 blade WD
Thanks, Homer GBYM

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

The smallest miracle right in front of you is enough to make you happy....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours