Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rear floor pans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.mcgann(at)baesystems.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Rear floor pans Reply with quote

Hi all,

Listers have previously reported some issues with 'impossible rivets' on the rear floor pans - but I can't even get to that point. I am having some trouble fitting the F-1016C rear floor pans. It seems a fair bit of force is required to insert these panels to get the flanges past the seat belt attachand point. Once they are in place, there does not appear to be any way that they will come out - especially if there are any shop heads on the F1005A assembly. Has anyone else had trouble here? Is there a trick to inserting/removing these?

thanks in advance

Ron
fuse, finishing on the way.

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
flysrv10(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Rear floor pans Reply with quote

I can only tell you that I had the same problems. It has been long
and I remember that I had to man-handle the thing to get it in. I
can't tell you the installtion sequence since I was piXXed at the
time!

Do not archive

On 4/19/06, McGANN, Ron <ron.mcgann(at)baesystems.com> wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,

Listers have previously reported some issues with 'impossible rivets' on the rear floor pans - but I can't even get to that point. I am having some trouble fitting the F-1016C rear floor pans. It seems a fair bit of force is required to insert these panels to get the flanges past the seat belt attachand point. Once they are in place, there does not appear to be any way that they will come out - especially if there are any shop heads on the F1005A assembly. Has anyone else had trouble here? Is there a trick to inserting/removing these?

thanks in advance

Ron

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

seipel(at)seznam.cz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Rear floor pans Reply with quote

Just did those the other day. The key is to go slowly to avoid bending
them. If possible, have a helper to force apart the side ribs so you
can get the floor pans past the seatbelt anchors. To get them out, I
put cleco's into the #19 nutplate holes, and lifted it up enough to get
several into the #30 holes. I took some popsicle sticks and ground the
ends to make little wedges and used them along the sides and back to
help get the floor pan past the rivets and ribs.

PJ
RV-10 #40032

McGANN wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,

thanks in advance

Ron

dlm46007(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Rear floor pans Reply with quote

they lift out with difficulty from the rear; use several pieces of .020
aluminum strips so that the rear flange slip over the rear spar forward
edge. Make sure you pop the holes for the forward flange through the main
spar web before removing them now; that way you will be able to clean and
deburr before final rear floor installation.
---

jesse(at)itecusa.org

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Rear floor pans Reply with quote

For those who aren't there yet, it wouldn't hurt to plan ahead on these. We
put them in and drilled the holes when we were clecoing the bottom skins, so
it was easy to get them out by taking the bottom skin off. Then, when you
get to the point where you need to put them in, you won't have to take them
out again, just drop (read - carefully force) them in and rivet them.

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: