Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTB - Cessna (Carling) Split Rocker Switch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Cessna-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psamuelian(at)charter.net

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: WTB - Cessna (Carling) Split Rocker Switch Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a good source for (or do you have) a Cessna rocker switch?I believe it's made by Carling, but it's for a new application in an older plane, so I don't have a part number. It needs to match Cessna's classic (1968 ish) panel switch styles.
I found a grungy looking used one with a part number like S-1160-2-3, but would prefer a new unit.
Here are the specs...
• Screw mounting
• Screw terminals
• Split interlocking rockers (rocker B can't be turned on until rocker A is on)
• Black
• 10 or 15 amp
• DPST or DPDT (double pole, single or double throw)
Attached is a pic of the grungy one I found.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Phil
[img]cid:FBD7EA12-7865-448B-A082-A77C0F9F858D(at)charter.com[/img]

- The Matronics Cessna-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Cessna-List

S-1160-2-3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 KB
 Viewed:  6056 Time(s)

S-1160-2-3.jpg

n32romeo(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: WTB - Cessna (Carling) Split Rocker Switch Reply with quote

I bought some through Aircraft Spruce a few years back for my '74 182. They were not that expesive, but other then the Master I do not have any split rockers.
Rich Harrison

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

S-1160-2-3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.25 KB
 Viewed:  6053 Time(s)

S-1160-2-3.jpg

jimjan(at)us.ibm.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:23 am    Post subject: WTB - Cessna (Carling) Split Rocker Switch Reply with quote

racerjerry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: WTB - Cessna (Carling) Split Rocker Switch Reply with quote

Hi Phil,

In 1970, Cessna converted to the split master switch for the 172.(& others).
According to my Cessna Illustrated Parts Catalog, the switch is:
S1994-1-1 Switch-Master
S1843-1 Mounting Bezel – Master Switch

Cessna parts are not exactly cheap, but in this case are reasonable and are even less than the switch from Aircraft Spruce. The switch photo in the Aircraft Spruce catalog appears to have push-on terminals, but I am pretty sure this one has screw terminals like you desire. I have the old style switch, so I cannot verify this for you.

These prices are current from CessnaParts.com

S1994-1-1 SWITCH (List Price: $ 19.70) Stock Available 16.75(EA)

S1843-1 MOUNTING (List Price: $ 1.43) Stock Available
Order in blocks of 10 $ 1.22 (EA)

Unfortunately, Cessna wants you to order the mounting bezel in quantities of 10, but if you order the bezel from Aircraft Spruce (11-15910), I am willing to bet it would fit either switch. You might try another Cessna parts supplier to see If he will sell you just one bezel.

Jerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Cessna-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: