3/8" Insead of 5/16"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
jbhart(at)onlyinternet.ne
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject: 3/8" Insead of 5/16" Reply with quote

At 05:24 AM 4/13/06 -0700, you wrote:
Quote:

Besides the wingtips, I am building new Vertical Stabilizer, Rudder, and Elevators.
The Plans show using 5/16" for most all of this. I could not find 5/16" 6061 T6 so I bought 3/8" instead.
What do you guys think? Will that be OK to use?
Thanks Chris

--------

Chris,

Sure it is ok to use but you will building heavy and flying tail heavy forever.

Check out Wicks at: 1-800-221-9425 or at:

http://www.wicksaircraft.com

They have listed 6061-T6 listed.
OD WALL ID WGT P/FT PART NUMBER $/FOOT
5/16" .035 .243 .0366 R5/16X035-T6 1.29
5/16" .049 .215 .0477 R5/16X049-T6 1.13

Jack B. Hart FF004
Winchester, IN

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
Denny Rowe

Location: Leechburg, PA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: 3/8" Insead of 5/16" Reply with quote

Would'nt the heavier tubing on the elevator and rudder make em more likely
to flutter?

Denny Rowe, Mk-3
---

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
ulflyer(at)verizon.net
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: 3/8" Insead of 5/16" Reply with quote

At 09:35 AM 4/13/2006, you wrote:
Quote:

At 05:24 AM 4/13/06 -0700, you wrote:

>Besides the wingtips, I am building new Vertical Stabilizer,
Rudder, and Elevators.
>The Plans show using 5/16" for most all of this. I could not find
5/16" 6061 T6 so I bought 3/8" instead.
>What do you guys think? Will that be OK to use?
>Thanks Chris
>
>--------

Chris,

Sure it is ok to use but you will building heavy and flying tail
heavy forever.

Check out Wicks at: 1-800-221-9425 or at:

http://www.wicksaircraft.com

They have listed 6061-T6 listed.
OD WALL ID WGT P/FT PART NUMBER $/FOOT
5/16" .035 .243 .0366 R5/16X035-T6 1.29
5/16" .049 .215 .0477 R5/16X049-T6 1.13

Jack B. Hart FF004
Winchester, IN

Here's another source:
http://shapirosupply.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4&Itemid=5

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Back to top
DrHook

Joined: 06 Apr 2006
Location: Knights Landing CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: 3/8 Reply with quote

Well, Allrighty then, Looks like I be orderin up some 5/16.
Got to get some other supplies and it looks like Wicks, pretty much has it all.
Thanks for the advice, Chris

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Kolb Firestar owner, Rebuild-Recover job at hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours