O-290D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> LycomingEngines-List
jonbateman(at)hotmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: O-290D Reply with quote

  Hello
   My name is Jon Bateman and I am currently building a Zenith Zodiac 601 XL. My engine is the O-290D. I got a great deal on two of them one with a galled crank the other with a flat lobe on it's cam. The one I am planning on using has 1300 totals hours 165 since major. It's the one that has the flat cam lobe.  Anyway I am sure that through the rebuild process I will have numerous questions and concerns. The first one I have is with the accessory case. Both of mine came out of Pacers and are not machined for a fuel pump. Being a machinist by trade I can mill and tap it. My question does anyone have a case with the machined surface that would be kind enough to measure  the thickness so I can cut mine to the proper depth. It seems that from what I have read the O-290  O-235 and O-320 used the same case.
                  Thanks
                         Jon B.
Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don’t worry about storage limits. Check it out. [quote][b]

- The Matronics LycomingEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List
Back to top
andrew(at)nzactive.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:12 pm    Post subject: O-290D Reply with quote

Jon, I could do that. It'd be a bit of drama - the aircraft is 200 miles away - but if you don't get anyone that can do it easily, email me offlist andrew at activenewzealand dot com and I'll figure it out for you.

Andrew Fairfax | CEO | ACTIVE <?xml:namespace prefix = ns0 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />NEW ZEALAND AND ACTIVE SOUTH AMERICA
PO Box 972 | Queenstown, New Zealand 9300 | +64.3.441.2045
Free phone Numbers | 1.800.661.9073 (US & Canada) | 0808.234.7780 (UK)
Fax Numbers | +64-3-409-0119 (NZ) | 1-603-251-1051 (US & Canada)
[url=blocked::../../../../sophie/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Signatures/www.activenewzealand.com]www.activenewzealand.com[/url] | [url=blocked::../../../../sophie/Application%20Data/Microsoft/Signatures/www.activesouthamerica.com]www.activesouthamerica.com[/url] <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

To reduce email traffic, if emails to me need no ACTION, just a "thanks", "got it" etc, please presume I've been appropriately polite, even if I don't reply directly. Likewise, if my email doesn't require a substantive response, it's fine with me if you don't respond. If you have sent me an email, and it's important, and there's a long delay in my response, feel free to resend, but do know that I do get all my emails. It's just that, um, there's sometimes quite a line-up of the wee fellas Smile

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/c
[b]

- The Matronics LycomingEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List
Back to top
rv8iator

Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Location: Newberg, OR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: O-290D Reply with quote

Jon...

Jerry Meyers Aviation 888-893-3301 is an aircraft salvage yard. I was just at an auction last Saturday and he bought a number of accessory cases for Lycs. You might give him a call

The issue with machining the fuel pump boss on the acc. case is locating the holes that attach the fuel pump. They need to be located so that the fuel pump lever locates correctly on the cam lobe on the fuel pump drive gear. The amount of material to remove (finished boss height) is less critical than correct location of the hole pattern.

Chris Stone
RV-8
--

- The Matronics LycomingEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List

_________________
C. Stone (RV8iator)
[...]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: O-290D Reply with quote

Thanks for the Chris I will look him up. Most of my leads so far in the search for overhaul parts has been on a RV list.
   Andrew thanks for the offer but I would hate for you to make a 200 mile dash.
    Jon Bateman
              601XL plans build

[quote] Date: Fri C 2 Oct 2009 10:08:28 -0400
From: rv8iator(at)earthlink.net
To: lycomingengines-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: LycomingEngines-List: O-290D

--> LycomingEngines-List message posted by: Chris Stone <rv8iator(at)earthlink.net>

[...]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: O-290D Reply with quote

No sweat. Email me if u need - I wouldn't actually go there myself, I'd ask my mechanic to do it, so if other leads dry up, let me know.

Andrew

[...]

Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security target='_new'>Get it now. [quote]

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/c
[b]

- The Matronics LycomingEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List
Back to top
gdgary(at)primus.ca
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: O-290D Reply with quote

I have 4 20 thou over oem new old stock pistons with rings, overstock for me
looking for $800.00 for the four plus shipping
Gary Johnson

gdgary(at)primus.ca (gdgary(at)primus.ca)
Ontario Canada
[quote] ---

- The Matronics LycomingEngines-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?LycomingEngines-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> LycomingEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours