Tell me it ain't true

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List
rick6a(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject: Tell me it ain't true Reply with quote

RV'ers

I just received a very distressing "heads up" from a buddy in the
FAA. He says it will become an AD very soon. Can anyone provide any
additional information concerning this bulletin?

http://www.lycoming.textron.com/serviceBulletin566/customer letter nov 30.pdf

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
smitty(at)smittysrv.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Tell me it ain't true Reply with quote

I can't get to the website here at work, we're blocked out. What is the
gist of the thing?
Smitty's RV-9A
http://SmittysRV.com
Rick Galati wrote:

> RV'ers
>
> I just received a very distressing "heads up" from a buddy in the
> FAA. He says it will become an AD very soon. Can anyone provide any
> additional information concerning this bulletin?
>
> http://www.lycoming.textron.com/serviceBulletin566/customer letter nov 30.pdf
More info here:
http://www.lycoming.textron.com/serviceBulletin566/SB566S-1.pdf
Sam Buchanan

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
evmeg(at)snowcrest.net
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Tell me it ain't true Reply with quote

my computer will not open these....can sombody please summarize this for me?
Thanks in advance...
do not archive
evan

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
truflite(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Tell me it ain't true Reply with quote

There are certain 360 engines that will need a new
crankshaft put in. Engines built after 1999 are
affected.
--- Evan and Megan Johnson <evmeg(at)snowcrest.net>
wrote:
Johnson" <evmeg(at)snowcrest.net>

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
panamared3(at)brier.net
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:57 am    Post subject: Tell me it ain't true Reply with quote

Quote:

Rick Galati wrote:

> RV'ers
>
> I just received a very distressing "heads up" from a buddy in the
> FAA. He says it will become an AD very soon. Can anyone provide any
> additional information concerning this bulletin?
http://www.lycoming.textron.com/serviceBulletin566/customer letter nov 30.pdf
More info here:
http://www.lycoming.textron.com/serviceBulletin566/SB566S-1.pdf
Sam Buchanan

The Gist of the SB: it has been a mandatory SB since last summer, the FAA
is about to make it an Airworthiness Directive. It involves Lycoming 360
thru 540 counterweighted engines, mostly Fuel Injected engines. Get the SB
and check if you engine is affected. As I read the SB, Lycoming is paying
for the replacement and shipping.
FYI, O360 A1A, A1D are not affected.
For those who want to get mad as (fill in the blank), I did that last
summer. How can a manufacturer charge so much for a product that is
defective? I guess as long as they are paying, it is not as bad as if the
owner had to pay for the replacement.
Bob
RV6 NightFighter

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
Matt Dralle
Site Admin

Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Location: Livermore CA USA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Tell me it ain't true Reply with quote

At 11:55 AM 1/9/2006 Monday, you wrote:

> > RV'ers
> >
> > I just received a very distressing "heads up" from a buddy in the
> > FAA. He says it will become an AD very soon. Can anyone provide any
> > additional information concerning this bulletin?

<snip>
For those who want to get mad as (fill in the blank), I did that last
summer. How can a manufacturer charge so much for a product that is
defective? <snip>
Bob
RV6 NightFighter

Yeah, but Bob, with that logic, you should never have to repair a Ferrari or a Lamborghini... Yeah, right... Smile
Matt Dralle

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List

_________________
Matt Dralle
Matronics Email List Administrator
tedd(at)vansairforce.org
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Tell me it ain't true Reply with quote

Quote:
>For those who want to get mad as (fill in the blank), I did that last
>summer. How can a manufacturer charge so much for a product that is
>defective?
<snip>

Quote:

Yeah, but Bob, with that logic, you should never have to repair a Ferrari or
a Lamborghini... Yeah, right... Smile

Good one.
But, at the same time, it's not really a fair comparison. You don't
necessarily expect reliability from a Ferrari or Lamborghini, you're more
interested in the exotic-ness or uniqueness of the product. Contrarily, with a
Lycoming, reliability is one of the princpal justifications for the cost.
But I was pleased to see that Lycoming is picking up the cost (or some of it,
anyway).
Tedd McHenry
Surrey, BC

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Back to top
bhester(at)hopkinsville.n
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Tell me it ain't true Reply with quote

Glad I bought my XP0360 from Superior Smile
Surfing the Web from Hopkinsville, KY
Visit my web site at: http://www.geocities.com/hester-hoptown/RVSite/
RV7A Slowbuild wings-QB Fuse-XPO360 engine Smile
wrote:

- The Matronics RV-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours