A few XA-D211 optical adaptors for sell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> XDP4000X-List
mdx400(at)hotmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: A few XA-D211 optical adaptors for sell Reply with quote

I remember that this was discussed before but I can't remember what was said back then...  The "Unilink Digital Out" connector on the back of these units is a 3 or 4 (?)conductor/contact interface IIRC.  It's non-standard/proprietary in that it's obviously not a coax digital output C and no other devices are like this.

However the basis of operation is the same as any S/PDIF output.  You're going to have an electrical S/PDIF signal in there which is either going to be at TTL (5V) signalling level or coax level (0.5V).  Coax levels are used externally C outside equipement; TTL levels are used internally C in the circuit paths in any given CE device.  The other contacts are surely for the power supply to make the adapter operate (power the emitter).

I can't remember now but I'm pretty sure most toslink emitters use TTL signalling input.  So what you'd need is that TTL S/PDIF signal.  If that is not in the connector jack there C you'd have to get it off the board somewhere (it's not that difficult).  Then you just need ground and +5V power (to power the LED in the emitter).  Connect those up to a standard TOTX emitter and you're off to the races.  Technically you're supposed to use a diode or some such in a simple circuit I believe to buffer the TTL signal (or something like that) but it's simple to put together.  There are many diagrams/references on the intarwebs--just search for wiring a toslink emitter C and you should find everything you need to know.

Back when the D210/D211 was like $30-$40 it was pointless to try to construct something like that as you might as well just buy the dedicated part and plug it in.  But now that the prices are ridiculous and in the sky on these things?  I'd take the time to learn how to do it and put buy the parts for all of what will be like $25 and just make it myself.

In fact C with prices like that C I'm tempted to sell the one D210 I do have and just make the circuit myself and cash in on the crazy people buying these things at those prices.

Roland M.

Quote:
Subject: Re: A few XA-D211 optical adaptors for sell
From: johngribble(at)comcast.net
Date: Fri C 20 Feb 2009 00:19:13 -0800
To: xdp4000x-list(at)matronics.com

--> XDP4000X-List message posted by: "thewiz666" <johngribble(at)comcast.net>

mdx400(at)hotmail.com wrote:

> I don't need one (glad I don't) but if I did I would probably just?make my own off the S/PDIF signal from the?board and an optical?emitter--would probably cost like $20 tops...

How would you go about doing that? My 211 is still NIB C but if something ever went bad C I'd like to know how to build what you mention.

=======================

&g=======
Quote:

Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list. Check it out.

- The Matronics XDP4000X-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?XDP4000X-List
Back to top
betimmm

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:51 am    Post subject: Re: A few XA-D211 optical adaptors for sell Reply with quote

So... how much for an adapter?!

I have to take advantage that i have a friend spending vacations in USA (until 12.april) so that he can bring it to me (im from brazil)...

Wich is the best price you can afford?

- The Matronics XDP4000X-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?XDP4000X-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> XDP4000X-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours