reduction belts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Stratus-List
d3dw(at)sbcglobal.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: reduction belts Reply with quote

--0-107949012-1234976350=:30515

How long are you using your redrive belts? I am putting my third Jason belt=
on and the second still looks great. In fact the first one, ten years old =
still looks very good...no cracks or significant wear.=0AI bought the new o=
ne today from Motion industries...$60.74 + tax and shipping.=0A=0AAlso, are=
any of you using the 1080 HD (the heavy duty) shock cords on your Super Zo=
diac with the heavier Soob engines? I am going to change mine after ten yea=
rs now, mostly because they are sagging about 3/4 "... and thinking of usin=
g the 1080HD instead of the 1080.=0A=A0=A0 thanks for your feedback.=A0=A0=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
--0-107949012-1234976350=:30515

<DIV>I bought the new one today from Motion industries...$60.74 + tax and shipping.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Also, are any of you using the 1080 HD (the heavy duty) shock cords on your Super Zodiac with the heavier Soob engines? I am going to change mine after ten years now, mostly because they are sagging about 3/4 "... and thinking of using the 1080HD instead of the 1080.</DIV>
<DIV> thanks for your feedback. Don Walker.<BR></DIV>
<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif"><BR>
<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif"><BR>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV> : <BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: rgb(16,16,255) 2px solid"><PRE>

</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></DIV></DIV></div>

- The Matronics Stratus-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Stratus-List
Back to top
bryanmmartin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: reduction belts Reply with quote

My first drive belt failed at 240 hours and I had to make a forced
landing, all the teeth striped off of it. Luckily, I was near an
airport and was able to put it down on a runway. My belt looked fine
too just before it failed. I wouldn't recommend exceeding the 300 hour
replacement time suggested by Stratus.

My belt may have been a bit too loose and I did have a prop strike
early in my test phase. These factors may account for the short time
on my belt.

Quote:

--
Bryan Martin
N61BM, CH 601 XL,

- The Matronics Stratus-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Stratus-List

Bryan Martin
N61BM, CH 601 XL, Stratus Subaru.
do not archive.
larry(at)macsmachine.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: reduction belts Reply with quote

Hi Don,
My belts get changed out between 300-400 hours or 5 years, which ever
comes first. The belts don't
appear to wear out at that time because the shop industries use these up
to 1200 hours or more before
contemplating change. I did put 1080 HD bungees on when I painted and
reassembled the bird. Have
about a 1/4-inch clearance on the top strut plate on mains and none on
the nose. Full fuel and it changes
to 3/8-inch and 1/4-inch on the nose.

Larry McFarland 601HDS at www.macsmachine.com

Don Walker wrote:
[...]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: reduction belts Reply with quote

I can see where a loose belt would be easily stripped of its teeth. I
always feel for the 1/4-inch deflection at 20-lbs before flying. Don't
think a belt being tighter
would be wise either. The Stratus redrive is a really good system for
getting it all right though.

Larry McFarland 601HDS at www.macsmachine.com

Bryan Martin wrote:
Quote:

<bryanmmartin(at)comcast.net>

My first drive belt failed at 240 hours and I had to make a forced
landing, all the teeth striped off of it. Luckily, I was near an
airport and was able to put it down on a runway. My belt looked fine
too just before it failed. I wouldn't recommend exceeding the 300 hour
replacement time suggested by Stratus.

My belt may have been a bit too loose and I did have a prop strike
early in my test phase. These factors may account for the short time
on my belt.

On Feb 18, 2009, at 11:59 AM, Don Walker wrote:

> How long are you using your redrive belts? I am putting my third
> Jason belt
> on and the second still looks great. In fact the first one, ten years
> old
> still looks very good...no cracks or significant wear.

- The Matronics Stratus-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Stratus-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Stratus-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours