Avery Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List
sashby(at)ashbyfamilylaw.
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Avery Tools Reply with quote

This is my first post, so please excuse me if I err. Last June, I purchased
a pneumatic rivet squeezer from Avery tools. It worked great until lately,
when it petulantly refused to squeeze 1/8 inch rivets. I called Avery Tools
in Fort Worth and Bob Avery called me back. He told me to send him the
squeezer and he would check it out. I sent it to Avery with a letter. In
the last line of the letter, I joked that Bob should lecture the squeezer
and tell him to straighten up and fly right. On Monday, I received the
following e-mail:

Dear Stephen:

I disassembled your squeezer and left him locked up overnight with all the
loose parts in my squeezer parts bin. I threatened him with life without
parole in the parts bin should he not straighten up & fly right. (It's quite
easy to get that here in Texas -- it's called "cowboy justice" and all you
need to get a conviction is to wear cowboy boots & a cowboy hat to court and
present as exhibit "A" a 6 pack of longnecks !!).

The next day I cleaned up all the parts, polished a few key internal parts,
re-greased all the bearings, and reassembled. Gave him a serious talking
to and reminded him what fate awaits him should he return to Texas. I've
had him squeeze a couple dozen 1/8" rivets and he seems to be doing just
fine now. I've included a book for the purpose of reading him his rights,
should he stray and start acting up again. He is on the way back to you
today.

Regards;

Bob Avery

P.S. No charge -- all the other parts in the bin took up a collection to
pay his fine -- seems they don't want him around since he is such a bad
boy!!

Besides being a great humorist, Bob Avery is a stand up guy. I must have
been out of warranty on the squeezer, but Bob came to the rescue at no
charge.

For all of you out there building (or contemplating building) a RV you
really should get a pneumatic squeezer. It is indispensable. And if you
are wondering where to purchase such an implement, Avery tools would be the
obvious answer. A guy with this much devotion (and humor) just has to be
rewarded.

Steve Ashby

Stone Mountain, Georgia

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
Back to top
jollyd(at)ipns.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Avery Tools Reply with quote

what a SUPER LETTER!..avery tools ARE the best...jolly in dallas....OREGON!
---

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
Back to top
fstringham

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Avery Tools Reply with quote

Steve and all you other rivet squeezers/bangers

Had a problem with my 90 degree drill that I bought from Avery. Contacted
Bob...he said send it and I will check it out. He did! Sent it back ASAP.
Has worked great since.

Avery is the best. Bye the way the 90 degree drill is off probabtion, but I
understand is in a witness protection program because of rating out a bad
squeezer bought from rival gang .

Frank (at) SGU and SLC... RV7A 75% complete 150% to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
From: "Ashby Family Law" <sashby(at)ashbyfamilylaw.com>
To: <rv8-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: Avery Tools
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 09:36:36 -0500

<sashby(at)ashbyfamilylaw.com>

[...]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours