Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rép E : Zenith701801-List: 701/914

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
royjp(at)yahoo.ca

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Rép E : Zenith701801-List: 701/914 Reply with quote

Ken, where about in Colorado is Mr. Wood located ? I'm actualy on an assignement here in Colorado until october before I return to Canada. I would like to pay him a visit and see that set-up.

Jean-Paul Roy
wings skelletons still waiting home

--- En date de : Lun, 18.8.08, Ken Ryan <kenryan(at)alaska.net> a écrit :

Quote:
De: Ken Ryan <kenryan(at)alaska.net>
Objet: Zenith701801-List: 701/914
À: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com
Date: lundi 18 Août 2008, 22 h 45

Quote:
--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "Ken Ryan"
<kenryan(at)alaska.net>

I've spoken with Mr. Wood in Colorado who installed a 914 in his 701 about
10 years ago, and who has about 900 hours on it. He is very, very happy.

His reason for going to the 914 was that his strip is at 5000 ft and he needs
13000 ft just to clear the terrain in certain directions. He loves his 914 and
would do it again in an instant.

He also told me that there was no more than a 10 pound weight penalty in
going from the 912ULS to the 914, and that the 914 has been a beautiful,
reliable, trouble-free engine.

I'm wondering if there's anybody else out there with a 914/701
installation,
and if so, their comments.

Thanks,

Ken Ryan
Still-looking-at-701-vs-750

--
Ken Ryan
http://kenryan.com
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein-

Découvrez les photos les plus intéressantes du jour! [quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
ch701builder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Rép E : Zenith701801-List: 701/914 Reply with quote

Jean-Paul,
Last I knew, he was in the Grand Junction area, (West central, about 20 miles from the Utah boarder)
Where is your assignement at here in Colorado?
Keith
CH701-scratch
N 38.9940 (hint - just West of Colorado Springs, CO)
W 105.1305
Alt. 9,100 - (notice, I am 4,000' higher than Mr. Wood)

Jean-Paul Roy wrote:
Quote:
Ken, where about in Colorado is Mr. Wood located ? I'm actualy on an assignement here in Colorado until october before I return to Canada. I would like to pay him a visit and see that set-up.

Jean-Paul Roy
wings skelletons still waiting home

--- En date de : Lun, 18.8.08, Ken Ryan <kenryan(at)alaska.net> (kenryan(at)alaska.net) a écrit :

Quote:
De: Ken Ryan <kenryan(at)alaska.net> (kenryan(at)alaska.net)
Objet: 701/914
À: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com (zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com)
Date: lundi 18 Août 2008, 22 h 45

Quote:
--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "Ken Ryan"
<kenryan(at)alaska.net> (kenryan(at)alaska.net)

I've spoken with Mr. Wood in Colorado who installed a 914 in his 701 about
10 years ago, and who has about 900 hours on it. He is very, very happy.

His reason for going to the 914 was that his strip is at 5000 ft and he needs
13000 ft just to clear the terrain in certain directions. He loves his 914 and
would do it again in an instant.

He also told me that there was no more than a 10 pound weight penalty in
going from the 912ULS to the 914, and that the 914 has been a beautiful,
reliable, trouble-free engine.

I'm wondering if there's anybody else out there with a 914/701
installation,
and if so, their comments.

Thanks,

Ken Ryan
Still-looking-at-701-vs-750

--
Ken Ryan
http://kenryan.com
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein-

Découvrez les photos les plus intéressantes du jour!
Quote:

ist">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
ics.com
.matronics.com/contribution

--
************************************* BestFit Clean Clean false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--> <![endif]--> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } <![endif]--> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} <![endif]-->
Keith Ashcraft
ITT Industries
Advanced Engineering & Sciences
5009 Centennial Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO
(719) 599-1787 -- work
(719) 332-4364 -- cell
keith.ashcraft(at)itt.com (keith.ashcraft(at)itt.com)
keith.ashcraft1(at)us.army.mil (keith.ashcraft1(at)us.army.mil)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ch701builder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: Rép E : Zenith701801-List: 701/914 Reply with quote

Ken,
Not quite there yet..but... I am going with "something" turbo'd. I have flown with a guy that had a 912S from Paonia, CO (7V2). With both of us (approx 320lbs) and approx 1/2 fuel (10gallons) the 701 did a good job. Not exactually sure what our TO run was, guessing <200'.but his field elevation is still low in altitude approx 5,800'.

I am trying to convence myself that the 914 $28K+ price tag is worth it. Also, have been keeping watch on the Raptor105 Diesel engine (comparible to the 914). Ramengines.com has a couple of turbo'd engines also( start with a 115hp and end with 140hp)

Gary in Mexico, (I think), tells of his experience of high altitude flying once in a while, maybe he will jump into the conversation. (maybe do a Matronics search on him, in the original zenith list, gary gower, gary growler not exactly sure, I will have to go back and look at some old emails from him)

Keith
********************************************************************************************

Ken Ryan wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "Ken Ryan" <kenryan(at)alaska.net> (kenryan(at)alaska.net)
Keith,

Do you use the 912ULS on your 701? How does it work for you at that
altitude?

On 19 Aug 2008 at 7:42, Keith Ashcraft wrote:

Quote:
Keith
CH701-scratch
N 38.9940 (hint - just West of Colorado Springs, CO)
W 105.1305
Alt. 9,100 - (notice, I am 4,000' higher than Mr. Wood)

--
************************************* BestFit Clean Clean false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]--> <![endif]--> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } <![endif]--> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} <![endif]-->
Keith Ashcraft
ITT Industries
Advanced Engineering & Sciences
5009 Centennial Blvd.
Colorado Springs, CO
(719) 599-1787 -- work
(719) 332-4364 -- cell
keith.ashcraft(at)itt.com (keith.ashcraft(at)itt.com)
keith.ashcraft1(at)us.army.mil (keith.ashcraft1(at)us.army.mil)

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: