The CH 750 has arrived!!! - The 701/750 Engine comparison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
dougsnash

Joined: 14 Apr 2008

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: The CH 750 has arrived!!! - The 701/750 Engine comparison Reply with quote

Kevin, I too liked the look of the Corvair at the Zenith booth. The fifth bearing is a very neat and tidy installation. As always, William is great to talk too as well.

As for the CH-750 kit, one point that has been missed is the match drilled holes. The CH-701 kit is pilot drilled only. The CH-750 kit will be match drilled (not too sure how much of it is though). This will save considerable time in assembly. All in all, it looks like a really nice solid LSA plane but as a Canadian builder, LSA means nothing to me right now.

I'm a scratch builder at heart. I'm into the home stretch on my scratch built CH-701 and have no intention of switching to the 750 at this time. That being said, I also plan on getting a set of CH-750 plans. I figure I'll wait a while though as there will likely be a few corrections to the first generation of plans. That and it will give my Visa card a chance to recover from Oshkosh.

As for O-200 prices, I spoke to Wentworth Aircraft from Minneapolis, MN at the show. They say that a runout O-200 with accessories that is gauranteed to be re-buildable is about $3500.00. A mid time O-200 will be $5500.00-$7500.00 depending on time and condition. That is sure a lot better than a Rotax 100 HP in the used market. But lets face it, factory new, the O-200 and the Rotax 912 ULS are pretty compairable in price at around the $20 Thou mark. Also another point for the O-200 is that they are more plentiful on the used market than the Rotax is.

Hope some of this information is useful to our group.

Do Not Archive

Doug MacDonald
CH-701 Scratch Builder
Home from Oshkosh and flat broke again
NW Ontario, Canada

From: MacDonald Doug <dougsnash(at)yahoo.com>
Subject: The CH 750 has arrived!!! - The 701/750 Engine comparison
To: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Monday, August 4, 2008, 9:30 AM

Quote:
--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: MacDonald Doug
<dougsnash(at)yahoo.com>

[...]

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours