Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My plans for the new 750

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stepinwolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

Since I need to keep my fingers active, I have just placed an order for a complete set of basic plans for the new CH-750, to be available within the next thirty days. I just got off the phone with the Zenith factory, and they told me that my order was the first they had received.

I can't confirm that the number that will be issued to me will be the 001, but I'm working in it. One way or the other, just to have been told that mine was the first to come in, is good enough for me. Very Happy

I recently purchased a rather large quantity of the necessary aluminum, so I will have more then enough to complete both aircraft.

Bob the 701 scratch
Three Rivers, Quebec.
# 7-7143

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List

kmccune

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

Like my kids use to say... ya lucky!

Congrats!

Kevin

do not archive

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

"Real freedom is the sustained act of being an individual." WW - 2009

"Life is a good deal...it's worth it" Feb 1969
Dorothy McCune
Tommy Walker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

Note: my opinion follows so delete if you aren't interested in it.

Actually I wish that they had just offered a 701B model that would have increased the usable weight. If what I heard is correct the usable weight on the 750 is going to be 500 lbs. I already got that. Well almost, I got 496 usable. I know there are several 701's with over 500. I saw a W&B on one 701 that showed empty weight as 547.... That looks like it will lift more than it's own weight.

Oh well, I should just lose some more weight. In the last 10 years I went from a 170 lb pilot to a 210 lb pilot.....

Definitely Do Not Archive

Tommy Walker in Alabama

ggower_99(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

I bet you also got the new iPhone.... Smile Smile Smile

Just joking,,,, Congratulations Bob.

Now... Who is going for the first Kit? Wink

Saludos
Gary Gower
Do not archive.

--- On Mon, 7/28/08, stepinwolf <robert.pelland(at)cgocable.ca> wrote:
[quote]From: stepinwolf <robert.pelland(at)cgocable.ca>
Subject: My plans for the new 750
To: zenith701801-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Monday, July 28, 2008, 9:41 AM

[quote]--> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "stepinwolf" <robert.pelland(at)cgocable.ca> Since I need to keep my fingers active, I have just placed an order for a complete set of basic plans for the new CH-750, to be available within the next thirty days. I just got off the phone with the Zenith factory, and they told me that my order was the first they had received. I can't confirm that the number that will be issued to me will be the 001, but I'm working in it. One way or the other, just to have been told that mine was the first to come in, is good enough for me. Very Happy I recently purchased a rather large quantity of the necessary aluminum, so I will have more then enough to complete both aircraft. Bob the 701 scratch Three Rivers, Quebec. # 7-7143 -------- Live each day, as if it was your last Read this topic online here: http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=195336#195336 [quote][b]

kmccune

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

I feel the same way, I mean I really like the new cabin details, but its just an evolved 701. The higher Vne and engine weight are nice, but they mostly added weight to get to a higher gross and Vne. I have read someplace that Chris said that the 701 design was as far as it could go? My guess is its a marketing thing? who knows, I do really like the new cabin as I said , but not sure its in the cards for me... unless they take me up on that trade in idea for plans and a tail section Laughing

Kevin

do not archive, its just me after all... blabbing on and on again!

Tommy Walker wrote:
Note: my opinion follows so delete if you aren't interested in it.

Actually I wish that they had just offered a 701B model that would have increased the usable weight. If what I heard is correct the usable weight on the 750 is going to be 500 lbs. I already got that. Well almost, I got 496 usable. I know there are several 701's with over 500. I saw a W&B on one 701 that showed empty weight as 547.... That looks like it will lift more than it's own weight.

Tommy Walker in Alabama

Dorothy McCune
stepinwolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Re: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

No Iphone for me Gary, because at my age, I kind'a like things with only two buttons ie. start-stop, on-off, open-close, etc. I think you get the idea.

The MAIN reason I jumped at the chance to build the 750, is to be able to use a low revving, affordable, correct aircraft engine. I am already looking locally for something around 125Hp

Do not archive

Bob the 701 scratch
Three Rivers, Quebec.
# 7-7143 & # ?-????

BTW Tommy, the specs on the Zenith web-page show a usable weight of 545 lbs, not 500

john.marzulli(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

It almost seems like the O-235 would be a great choice. Between all the 150s and 152s out there a O-200 with high compression cylinders or O-235 should be an easy find.

BTW, the iPhone only has two buttons, not including volume up/down..

DO NOT ARCHIVE!
John Marzulli

http://701Builder.blogspot.com/
http://www.GenevieveMarzulli.org/
http://www.JohnMarzulli.net/

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 7:53 PM, stepinwolf <robert.pelland(at)cgocable.ca (robert.pelland(at)cgocable.ca)> wrote:
[quote] --> Zenith701801-List message posted by: "stepinwolf" <robert.pelland(at)cgocable.ca (robert.pelland(at)cgocable.ca)>

No Iphone for me Gary, because at my age, I kind'a like things with only two buttons ie. start-stop, on-off, open-close, etc. I think you get the idea.

The MAIN reason I jumped at the chance to build the 750, is to be able to use a low revving, affordable, correct aircraft engine. I am already looking locally for something around 125Hp

Do not archive

Bob the 701 scratch
Three Rivers, Quebec.
# 7-7143 & # ?-????

BTW Tommy, the specs on the Zenith web-page show a usable weight of 545 lbs, not 500

--------
Live each day, as if it was your last

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=195477#195477

[b]

Tommy Walker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Re: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

Hi Bob,

My statement, err opinion, was based on what I "heard on the grapevine" that the 750 would spec out at 800+ lbs.

I would certainly like to have chosen the 750 when I started this second 701, but who knows, maybe next?

Anyway, I'm hoping to come in at $25k with the second one with a Rotax 912ULS . We'll see. So far, I've got $21K invested and have to buy a mount, cowl, and a radio....

I have about 500.00 in my current plane's paint job and am hoping to beat that on the next....

Tommy Walker in Alabama
Do Not Archive

stepinwolf wrote:

Bob the 701 scratch
Three Rivers, Quebec.
# 7-7143 & # ?-????

stepinwolf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

Hi Tommy,

I most certainly did not want my previous remark to sound confrontational or disrespectful, but I had just been informed of the exact weight, and wanted to make you aware of the fact. Surprised)

As for the build, the main reason I am migrating towards a 750, ( I will definitely be building both planes ) is because of the engine issue. Everyone agrees that to get the best performance with the 701, the engine of choice should be a Rotax. Sadly here in Canada, a 100 HP Rotax, cost's no less then 19,000$. Then ad to that the FWF package for another 5,000$ and it get's to be an expensive build.

Also one must not forget to include the GST, and PST , for another 15% for a total of 27,600$ for the engine package itself, and we have yet to build an airplane. I figure that the 750 will end up costing me about 40% of the cost to build a 701.

A Lycoming or Continental that can be used in the new 750, can be found locally for anywhere between 5,000$ to 7,500$, so it will certainly make the aircraft project more affordable.

As a bonus, I am also blessed with the following,

* I do away with the dry sump, and get an engine with a real "no fuss" oil pan.
* With the an air cooled engine, we can also do away with the radiator, the antifreeze, along with all the assorted hoses,
* An easy to maintain, low revving, real aircraft engine.
* A single, easy to adjust carb
* etc, etc, etc.

Just a few things that made my choice easier..

Regards
Bob

lrm(at)skyhawg.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

"Everyone agrees that to get the best performance with the 701, the engine of choice should be a Rotax." I believe only Rotax owners agree with that. Lots of VW, Subaru, Suzuki, Honda, etc owners could disagree. More homework might be in order unless you have a bottomless pocket book. Larry, N1345L

stepinwolf wrote:
Quote:

Hi Tommy,

I most certainly did not want my previous remark to sound confrontational or disrespectful, but I had just been informed of the exact weight, and wanted to make you aware of the fact. Surprised)

As for the build, the main reason I am migrating towards a 750, ( I will definitely be building both planes ) is because of the engine issue. Everyone agrees that to get the best performance with the 701, the engine of choice should be a Rotax. Sadly here in Canada, a 100 HP Rotax, cost's no less then 19,000$. Then ad to that the FWF package for another 5,000$ and it get's to be an expensive build.

Also one must not forget to include the GST, and PST , for another 15% for a total of 27,600$ for the engine package itself, and we have yet to build an airplane. I figure that the 750 will end up costing me about 40% of the cost to build a 701.

A Lycoming or Continental that can be used in the new 750, can be found locally for anywhere between 5,000$ to 7,500$, so it will certainly make the aircraft project more affordable.

* With the an air cooled engine, we can also do away with the radiator, the antifreeze, along with all the assorted hoses,
* etc, etc, etc.

Regards
Bob

--------
Live each day, as if it was your last

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=195918#195918

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

dwilde(at)clearwire.net

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

stepinwolf wrote:
Quote:

Hi Tommy,

* etc, etc, etc.

Regards
Bob

Maybe not an issue for most but the 750 would not fit into my shop

(hanger). I only have an 18' door and have to snake my 701 in on
dollies to get it to fit. The 750 is just that much bigger that it
wouldn't go.

Dan Wilde

Tommy Walker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Re: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

Bob,

You can be sure that I did not take your remark as that. I try to be a good student since I was a public school teacher/administrator for 28 years.

However, I do LIKE the Rotax. I like it's performance. I like it's reliability. I do NOT LIKE the price. But I realize everyone thinks their engine choice is the best.

Definitely Do Not Archive....

Tommy Walker in Sweet Home Alabama

stepinwolf wrote:
Hi Tommy,

Regards
Bob

kmccune

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Re: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

I spoke with Mark at the Zenith booth yesterday and asked about the 750 engine. He still likes the Rotax over the 0-200. Weighs 70 lbs less and the torque at the prop is more. Like said everyone like their engine, but I'm going with the SVS1300, some here say it does not perfom like the Rotax, well I'll find out, but (at) $6500 and 2.5-3 GPH it will allow me to fly more.

PS
Anyone want pics of anything specific I'll be back at the booth today and tomorrow.

Kevin
do not archive

stepinwolf wrote:
Hi Tommy,

* etc, etc, etc.

Regards
Bob

Dorothy McCune
Joe Kidd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: My plans for the new 750 Reply with quote

I rather strongly suspect the 750 will have far more popularity in the U.S. market then the 701 has had. The 701 has been immensely popular every where else though. While both planes are in effect STOL aircraft they both have differing missions, with the 701 being more of a fun/play plane and the 750 a bit more serious cross country traveler.

As for me I’m waiting to see how some build’s are going on the 750 before I make my decision on purchasing plans or not, but regardless; the 750 will be more comfortable and have greater engine options.

Best

JK

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: