CH-801 manufacturing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
ajroseca(at)nf.sympatico.
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: CH-801 manufacturing Reply with quote

I find it very interesting that all CH-801 Manufacturing
is going to be moved from the US to Canada..
Is this going to be done by CanZac Aviation in Kitchener,Ontario
or another company..I am in Canada and have a friend who
is thinking of building a CH-801 on floats... hmmm
Alvin Rose
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Back to top
john.marzulli(at)gmail.co
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: CH-801 manufacturing Reply with quote

Why move manufacturing now while the US dollar is weak to a place where the currency is stronger? It will just result in a more expensive kit for the 801's core market, right?

DO NOT ARCHIVE!
John Marzulli

http://701Builder.blogspot.com/
http://www.GenevieveMarzulli.org/
http://www.JohnMarzulli.net/

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 4:48 PM, Alvin Rose <ajroseca(at)nf.sympatico.ca (ajroseca(at)nf.sympatico.ca)> wrote:
[quote] I find it very interesting that all CH-801 Manufacturing
is going to be moved from the US to Canada..
Is this going to be done by CanZac Aviation in Kitchener,Ontario
or another company..I am in Canada and have a friend who
is thinking of building a CH-801 on floats... hmmm
Alvin Rose
Quote:

[b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Back to top
carlossa52(at)gmail.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: CH-801 manufacturing Reply with quote

Once upon a time (when I started building), all models were manufactured in Canada. At least the 601 was.
Despite the stronger currency (then), they moved it to the US.
Go figure.

Carlos

2008/7/22 John Marzulli <john.marzulli(at)gmail.com (john.marzulli(at)gmail.com)>:
[quote] Why move manufacturing now while the US dollar is weak to a place where the currency is stronger? It will just result in a more expensive kit for the 801's core market, right?

DO NOT ARCHIVE!
John Marzulli
[b]

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Back to top
dougsnash

Joined: 14 Apr 2008

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: CH-801 manufacturing Reply with quote

Actually guys, the original parent company of all of the Zenith offshoots is Zenair. Zenair is still alive and well in Southern Ontario. I believe the Alarus support recently moved back to Canada as well. I suspect this is so that with the 750 coming online soon, Zenith can concentrate more on the SP/LSA.

All of this is speculation but it is at least plosible speculation.

Do not Archive

Doug MacDonald
CH-701 Scratch Builder
NW Ontarion, Canada

wrote:

> I find it very interesting that all CH-801
Manufacturing
> is going to be moved from the US to Canada..
> Is this going to be done by CanZac Aviation in
Kitchener,Ontario
> or another company..I am in Canada and have a friend
who
> is thinking of building a CH-801 on floats... hmmm
> Alvin Rose
>
> *
>
> *

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours