Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

701 rear X-brace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zsmith3rd(at)earthlink.ne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: 701 rear X-brace Reply with quote

do not archive

Some builder posted the fact that he used the standard ells, but rather than using rivets he used two-part epoxy. As I recall, he cut each so that it reached just to the horizontal stringers, but did not overlap, and put a thick coat of the epoxy on the ell, put it in place and held it there with a couple of wood sticks of appropriate length. The epoxy doesn't take long to set.

If he cleaned the inside with a swipe of MEK it'll probably stay very well.
This was four or five years ago, and it seems that the builder had several hours on the plane when he added this. Reported that it stopped the rattle.

This was at about the time that I had mine sitting on the gear without any diagonals whatsoever.
I had cut a few to length and had Clecoes inserted, but discovered quickly that reaching the rear-most portion was all but impossible through the access cover underneath.....therefore I have first two forward areas done with rivets and none aft of that. I may cut some standard-size inspection holes near the rear and finish with the epoxy method once I get it flying.

Regards
Zed

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: