Powered tow bar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
Christopheb(at)iogen.ca
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

Could any one recommend a powered tow bar good enough for my Yak 18T?

I bought one from WingWalker in SA which just does not work (I should
have known better, when the guy refused to provide me
with details of satisfied customers).

Thanks in advance

Chris

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
viperdoc(at)mindspring.co
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

I just bought a PowerTow a couple of weeks ago as a matter of  fact. It works fine for my YAK-52. Has a 6 hp engine that moves the plane along just fine. The hand controlled clutch will stop it on a dime. The rest of my hanger mates will attest to it's ease of use also. Dennis Savarese for one.
Doc

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
mjbjhf(at)charter.net
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

Chris,  Don't hurt your back.  Here is a Fully Restred Northwester JG-75 that I am willing to part with.

Michael
[quote] ---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

041002tug_002.jpg
 Filesize:  210.64 KB
 Viewed:  421 Time(s)

041002tug_002.jpg

041106_002.jpg
 Filesize:  1.55 MB
 Viewed:  420 Time(s)

041106_002.jpg

Back to top
viperdoc(at)mindspring.co
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

Yep, would have to say that would move it...and the tiedowns it was hooked to! Yessir...rip those suckers right out of the ground if you forget!
Doc

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
drc(at)wscare.com
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

PowerTow - The way to gowww.powertow.com in Sandpoint, ID (close to my old home)  Great people and a great product.

Herb
On Mar 7, 2006, at 12:21 PM, Christophe Bourillon wrote:
Quote:

Could any one recommend a powered tow bar good enough for my Yak 18T?

I bought one from WingWalker in SA which just does not work (I should
have known better, when the guy refused to provide me
with details of satisfied customers).

Thanks in advance

Chris

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
alikatz(at)mbay.net
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

Chris,
  I got the perfect power tug for you. Pulls the CJ-6 and Yak-53 around with no problems. I have plenty in Stock, straight from China... ; )))))

Jim
[quote] ---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

DSCF1377.JPG
 Filesize:  429.27 KB
 Viewed:  429 Time(s)

DSCF1377.JPG

DSCF1378.JPG
 Filesize:  447.49 KB
 Viewed:  441 Time(s)

DSCF1378.JPG

DSCF1379.JPG
 Filesize:  432.18 KB
 Viewed:  425 Time(s)

DSCF1379.JPG

Back to top
Christopheb(at)iogen.ca
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

Guys,

Now that’s what I call a powered tow bar! It would look good cruizing on the main street in my little village over here in France!

Best regards

Chris

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01C64299.7545DC60[/img]

[img]cid:image002.jpg(at)01C64299.7545DC60[/img]

[img]cid:image003.jpg(at)01C64299.7545DC60[/img]

Yep, would have to say that would move it...and the tiedowns it was hooked to! Yessir...rip those suckers right out of the ground if you forget!

Doc

[quote]
---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

image001.jpg
 Filesize:  31.02 KB
 Viewed:  447 Time(s)

image001.jpg

image002.jpg
 Filesize:  88.32 KB
 Viewed:  420 Time(s)

image002.jpg

image003.jpg
 Filesize:  40.12 KB
 Viewed:  429 Time(s)

image003.jpg

Back to top
Rob Rowe

Location: Berkshire, UK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Re: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

Christopheb(at)iogen.ca wrote:

?
I bought one from WingWalker in SA which just does not work (I should
have known better, when the guy refused to provide me
with details of satisfied customers).
?
?

Hi Chris - how are you doing, your 18T still based out of Deauville?

Re: WingWalker - you have my sympathy, but not surprised a reference was elusive.

Had the same problem with WingWalker back in 2001 when I'd sought their assurance that an AV20 model was adequate to handle a YAK-52 ... their web site still says so today.

To cut a long story short it was certainly not "fit for purpose" - the only (limited period) recompense offered required my paying the shipping costs back to SA (which would not be recoverable, nor the original shipping to UK).

As I'd paid by credit card I'd hoped to have some consumer protection cover ... but legislation good only within the EU, discretionary elsewhere ... you can guess the outcome.

I'd like to say more but will bite my tongue ... let's just say Caveat Emptor!

Eventually sold it on (at a loss) via eBay to a guy with a (much) lighter aircraft ... hopefully it was better suited to his needs.

As per other responses I'd recommend going the PowerTow route ... although granted it's not cheap to buy / ship to Europe.

I was fortunate to find a 5 year old used PowerTow (4hp) on sale here in the UK ... best thing we ever bought. Fires up first time, every time even after a further 4 years of use & abuse (700+ starts). Easy to get the (Tecumseh) engine consumables (filters etc), even in the UK. I can thoroughly recommend this product.

Cheers, Rob

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
viperdoc(at)mindspring.co
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

Sweet!
Doc

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

image002.jpg
 Filesize:  88.32 KB
 Viewed:  421 Time(s)

image002.jpg

Back to top
viperdoc(at)mindspring.co
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

I'd say...the Archer in the background is proof! Snatched the nose wheel right off that dude!
Doc

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
kelmonroe(at)comcast.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:04 am    Post subject: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

Jim how much for the tugs?  Thanks Kelley
[quote] ---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
alikatz(at)mbay.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Powered tow bar Reply with quote

LOL
[quote] ---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours