Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

701 Horizontal Stab Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
649WD

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: 701 Horizontal Stab Question Reply with quote

I was hoping someone could help me with a measurement. Due to some inattentive coffee drinking I spilled some joe on my plans in the wrong spot. I was needing to know the exact location of where the L angle on the bottom of the stab mounts at. I know it is below the cutout for the cable to run through but I cant decipher on my plans where exactly. Either the distance from the bottom of the hole or from the bottom of the spar would be fine. Thanks for any help you can give me and you can bet I know where I wont be sitting my coffee cup anymore.

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
dougsnash

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: 701 Horizontal Stab Question Reply with quote

Wade, I'm at work so I cannot get you the measurements
you need right now but I do have a Tech Tip for you
about coffee drinking around you plans.

One of the first things I did when my plans arrived
was go to the local office supply place and purchase a
couple of packages of slip on page protectors. I
think the largest size commonly available is the size
for the plans. Once in the slip on covers the sheets
are essentially laminated and you don't need to worry
about spilling coffee on your plans anymore. Also
makes for easy cleanup if you happen to overspray a
bit of primer on the plans or if you grab them with
dirty fingers.

After I'd placed the plans in the protective sleaves,
I placed them into a three ring binder so I can easily
take one sheet to the work table.

Hope this is a helpful tip. Although, it is kind of
closing the barn door after the horse has escaped in
this instance.

Doug MacDonald
CH-701 Scratch Builder
NW Ontario, Canada

Do Not Archive

--- 649WD <wade_olson(at)notes1.dsnwk.org> wrote:

Quote:

<wade_olson(at)notes1.dsnwk.org>

I was hoping someone could help me with a
measurement. Due to some inattentive coffee drinking
I spilled some joe on my plans in the wrong spot. I
was needing to know the exact location of where the
L angle on the bottom of the stab mounts at. I know
it is below the cutout for the cable to run through
but I cant decipher on my plans where exactly.
Either the distance from the bottom of the hole or
from the bottom of the spar would be fine. Thanks
for any help you can give me and you can bet I know
where I wont be sitting my coffee cup anymore.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

649WD

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: 701 Horizontal Stab Question Reply with quote

Yeah, good advice on the protective sleeves. I considered something like that ahead of time but once I had my plans in front of me, building took over and common sense went out the door. I will get them protected though now. Fortunately only half of one page took a bad hit so I should be alright from here on out.

moorecomp

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 701 Horizontal Stab Question Reply with quote

[quote="649WD"]I was hoping someone could help me with a measurement. Due to some inattentive coffee drinking I spilled some joe on my plans in the wrong spot. I was needing to know the exact location of where the L angle on the bottom of the stab mounts at. I know it is below the cutout for the cable to run through but I cant decipher on my plans where exactly. Either the distance from the bottom of the hole or from the bottom of the spar would be fine. Thanks for any help you can give me and you can bet I know where I wont be sitting my coffee cup anymore.[/quote]

Wade,

It is forward/above of the top of the slot 15 mm to the center of the L
attaching rivet line. Also shows 120 mm from the rivet centerline of the bottom of the fwd. spar. to the bottom edge of the L.

Best regards,

Craig Moore A&P
Mancelona, MI
701 builder wannabe

649WD

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: 701 Horizontal Stab Question Reply with quote

Thanks for the specs on that. Hopefully this wont happen again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: