Fitting Cowl -Jabiur USA FWF Kit for 701

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List
georgerace

Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Location: Albion, MI

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Fitting Cowl -Jabiur USA FWF Kit for 701 Reply with quote

Has anyone on the list purchased and installed the Jabiru USA 701 FWF Kit?

I am at the point of fitting my cowl and it looks like I am going to have to
cut a bunch off the back of the lower cowl, about 7 inches. Also the
opening in the lower cowl for the oil cooler ends up just at the back of the
muffler, not anywhere near the oil cooler. The carb air inlet falls up
against one of the engine mounts. The flared opening, in the cowl bottom,
will be greatly reduced in size, about 1/2 the original.

Would like to chat with someone who has done this part of the install
successfully.

Thanks,

George
Kit Building
N73EX (Reserved)

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List

_________________
Check out my CH-701 project at:
http://www.mykitairplane.com
dwilde(at)clearwire.net
Guest

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Fitting Cowl -Jabiur USA FWF Kit for 701 Reply with quote

I don't have the Jabiru but with my Rotax firewall forward, I had to cut
out a fairly large area out of the lower cowl to fit around the front
landing gear. I have also had to go back and cut more off to provide
for more cooling air.

Dan Wilde

George Race wrote:
[...]

Back to top
moorecomp

Joined: 14 Aug 2006

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting Cowl -Jabiur USA FWF Kit for 701 Reply with quote

George,

I follow your project and love the changes you made to the elevator control. I suspect the the cowl is common to the 2200 and the 3300. Add the length of the extra cylinders and see if that is about what needs to be removed.

I live in the Northern Lower near Traverse City, and would love to stop by sometime and see your project.

Best regards,

Craig Moore - A&P
Mancelona, MI
701 builder wannabe
do not archive

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
cffd(at)pgrb.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Fitting Cowl -Jabiur USA FWF Kit for 701 Reply with quote

George,

I built my cowl using Jabiru supplied nose bowls. The rest is .016
aluminum.
You can see it at
http://www.geocities.com/cffd66/Airplane/Jabinstall/JabInstall.html

Chuck D.
N701TX

Quote:

________________________________ Message 7
_____________________________________
Time: 12:41:02 PM PST US
From: "George Race" <mykitairplane(at)mrrace.com>
Subject: Fitting Cowl -Jabiur USA FWF Kit for 701
[...]

alaskajim(at)cox.net
Guest

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Fitting Cowl -Jabiur USA FWF Kit for 701 Reply with quote

Pete used my 701 for the prototype fitting of the Jab 3300, 701 FWF
package. Give me a call if you wish. Jim 480-766-0003
On May 2, 2008, at 8:18 AM, Chuck Deiterich wrote:

Quote:

<cffd(at)pgrb.com>

George,

I built my cowl using Jabiru supplied nose bowls. The rest is .016
aluminum.
You can see it at
http://www.geocities.com/cffd66/Airplane/Jabinstall/JabInstall.html

Chuck D.
N701TX

> ________________________________ Message 7
> _____________________________________
> Time: 12:41:02 PM PST US
> From: "George Race" <mykitairplane(at)mrrace.com>
> Subject: Fitting Cowl -Jabiur USA FWF Kit for 701
> Has anyone on the list purchased and installed the Jabiru USA 701 FWF
> Kit?
>
> I am at the point of fitting my cowl and it looks like I am going to
> have to
> cut a bunch off the back of the lower cowl, about 7 inches. Also the
> opening in the lower cowl for the oil cooler ends up just at the back
> of the
> muffler, not anywhere near the oil cooler. The carb air inlet falls
> up
> against one of the engine mounts. The flared opening, in the cowl
> bottom,
> will be greatly reduced in size, about 1/2 the original.
>
> Would like to chat with someone who has done this part of the install
> successfully.
>
> Thanks,
>
> George
> Kit Building
> N73EX (Reserved)

- The Matronics Zenith701801-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith701801-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith701801-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours