Email Flood

josok-e(at)ukolo.fi
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Email Flood Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

It's everywhere, a real nuisance. I am worried about the folks who do not
have broadband, it will block their connection for hours.

I tried to call Matronix, but got only an answering machine. Do you have a
holiday or so over there? Any other possibility to get hold of Matt?

I am happy that the parellel forum at www.europaowners.org does not react
and holds to this flush!
Kind Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

workshopcam http://www.okhuijsen.org/plane
http:www.europaowners.org/kit600
mono xs, top on, gear in, tail wheel in, wings set, flapdrive in, tail
closed, tailwheel in, tail top in, blue stuff filled, sanded and primed,
fuel system in, doors fitting.

Matt Dralle
Site Admin

Joined: 08 Nov 2005
Location: Livermore CA USA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Email Flood Reply with quote

I've cut these off. Sorry it took so long, I just got logged a couple of minutes ago. I have disabled posting by 'mau11(at)free.fr'.

There seems to be an issue with some remote mailers and "CCing" the List instead of "TO:ing" the List.

PLEASE DO NOT CC: THE LIST FOR NOW. WHEN POSTING, ONLY ADDRESS THE LIST IN THE TO: FIELD.

I will be enforcing this later today with an incoming email filter.

Sorry for the hassle. I've cleaned the Forums and Archives of all the duplicate posts.

By the way, the Matronics Forums site was working fine throughout this issue: http://forums.matronics.com/viewforum.php?f=9 or just http://forums.matronics.com

Best regards,

Matt Dralle
Email List Admin
At 10:14 AM 2/27/2006 Monday, you wrote:
Quote:

Hi Bill,

It's everywhere, a real nuisance. I am worried about the folks who do not
have broadband, it will block their connection for hours.

I tried to call Matronix, but got only an answering machine. Do you have a
holiday or so over there? Any other possibility to get hold of Matt?

I am happy that the parellel forum at www.europaowners.org does not react
and holds to this flush!
Kind Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen

Matt G Dralle | Matronics | PO Box 347 | Livermore | CA | 94551
925-606-1001 V | 925-606-6281 F | dralle(at)matronics.com Email
http://www.matronics.com/ WWW | Featuring Products For Aircraft

Matt Dralle
Matronics Email List Administrator
eckel1(at)comcast.net
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Email Flood Reply with quote

Yes!!! I am using Outlook Express. I went to Message and clicked on Block
Sender.
This took care of the problem.
John

jeff(at)rmmm.net
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Email Flood Reply with quote

Yes we all are. I hope Mat is in town to shut this off!!
Jeff
On Feb 27, 2006, at 10:08 AM, Bill Henderson wrote:

[quote]
<europabill(at)bellsouth.net>

Is anyone else on the list getting a flood of emails from
mau11(at)free.fr ???
I'm getting the same message at a rate of about 10 per minute!!!

Bill
A010

bootless(at)earthlink.net
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Email Flood Reply with quote

Thanks again, Matt. When I deleted mine, I counted 2881 of them! An
impressive amount... Smile

do not archive

Matt Dralle wrote:

Quote:

I've cut these off. Sorry it took so long, I just got logged a couple of minutes ago. I have disabled posting by 'mau11(at)free.fr'.

There seems to be an issue with some remote mailers and "CCing" the List instead of "TO:ing" the List.

PLEASE DO NOT CC: THE LIST FOR NOW. WHEN POSTING, ONLY ADDRESS THE LIST IN THE TO: FIELD.

I will be enforcing this later today with an incoming email filter.

Sorry for the hassle. I've cleaned the Forums and Archives of all the duplicate posts.

By the way, the Matronics Forums site was working fine throughout this issue: http://forums.matronics.com/viewforum.php?f=9 or just http://forums.matronics.com

Best regards,

Matt Dralle
Email List Admin
At 10:14 AM 2/27/2006 Monday, you wrote:

>Hi Bill,
>
>It's everywhere, a real nuisance. I am worried about the folks who do not
>have broadband, it will block their connection for hours.
>
>I tried to call Matronix, but got only an answering machine. Do you have a
>holiday or so over there? Any other possibility to get hold of Matt?
>
>I am happy that the parellel forum at www.europaowners.org does not react
>and holds to this flush!
>Kind Regards,
>
>Jos Okhuijsen

Matt G Dralle | Matronics | PO Box 347 | Livermore | CA | 94551
925-606-1001 V | 925-606-6281 F | dralle(at)matronics.com Email
http://www.matronics.com/ WWW | Featuring Products For Aircraft

robh(at)hyperion-ef.us
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Email Flood Reply with quote

NO YOU HAVE NOT!

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070
Airframe complete
Irvine, CA

ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Email Flood Reply with quote

Certainly making a name for himself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8005
New Zealand.
Ph +64 3 3515166
Mobile 021 0640221
ward.t(at)xtra.co.nz

europabill(at)bellsouth.n
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Email Flood Reply with quote

Jos,
Just got your note. I temporarily unsubscribed to the europa list today
while the email messages were flowing....

Guess you're aware that Matt finally found out what was wrong and shut it
out.
Looks like we're back to normal.
Bill
A010

rowil(at)clara.net
Guest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Email Flood Reply with quote

At 2006-02-27 20:14 +0200 Jos Okhuijsen wrote:

Quote:
I am worried about the folks who do not
have broadband, it will block their connection for hours

Jos - it was bad, but not a complete disaster. For me there were
2900+ messages queued for download instead of my usual daily quota of
about 300. Took less than 30 minutes - better than the 45+ minutes I
estimated when I saw it starting.

regards

Rowland
--
| Wilma & Rowland Carson <http://home.clara.net/rowil/>
| <rowil(at)clara.net> ... that's Rowland with a 'w' ...

robust_design(at)hotmail.
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Email Flood Reply with quote

Yes, I got tons of them! Having a hard time deleting them all. Someone has
left a book laying on his "enter" key.