Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

defrosters/computer fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8vim(at)arrl.net

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: defrosters/computer fans Reply with quote

I think I can chime in here in regards to using computer fans:

At work, we manufacture medical equipment that measures Femtoamps and Picovolts (it is how we measure blood gasses, etc. But that's not important to the topic..). We also take GREAT care not to introduce EMI or RFI noise in the systems (Just breathing nearby the sensor block can cause an order of magnitude shift). We also use computer fans to cool the system.

We use Rotron fans, both "normal" and "squirrel cage" type, and we have no issues with electrical noise from these fans. If you want to make sure, you can always put an inductor (aka choke) in series with the power connections to the fan. The inductor needs to be carefully chosen however, since if it is chosen incorrectly it can radiate noise into the rest of the system.

-Jim 40384, Waiting on the Safeair tip tanks to arrive.
P.S. If anyone is curious as to what we make, Here it is

JSMcGrew(at)aol.com (JSMcGrew(at)aol.com) wrote:
Quote:
I asked Van's about a defrost system. Ken Scott told me that they have computer fans mounted under the glareshield in the prototypes. I plan on doing the same. I'm going to try putting one fan in the tunnel as well to keep the temperature down in there.

Jim McGrew

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: