Equipment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List
franklynn19(at)westnet.co
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Equipment Reply with quote

Bill,

You mentioned removal of approximately 400 pounds in the form of old radios and such. What about the ejection seat mechanism? There seams to be a lot of dead weight in that gear. Has anyone looked into removing that stuff? Is there a definitive list of equipment that it is recommended should be removed?

Thanks,

Frank
[quote][b]

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
Back to top
czech6(at)kellin.net
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Equipment Reply with quote

No list. You can get as crazy as you like. (Wiring, cannon plugs etc.) You'll spend 6 hours chasing 5 oz. of wire. Not worth it.
Ejection stuff has been removed by some guys. Including the barrel (pipe), the canopy jett. mechanisim.

They made aluminum blocks that bolt above the seat rails to hold you in the cockpit.
We removed, VHF radios, 2 invedrtors, IFF unit, ADF, 3 or 4 boxes in front of the front instrument panel against the fire wall. I actually removed the RMI which got rid of all the stuff on the lower side wall, left rear cockpit. Out an Electric DG in.
Of course I put 83 pounds of lead in the nose cone. Good trade off.
Don't forget the steel plates in the tail that can come out. That will help a little with W&B.

Have fun. Good winter project!
[quote] ---

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
Back to top
franklynn19(at)westnet.co
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Equipment Reply with quote

Well a saving of over 300 pounds is excellent. My next question is what steel plates in the tail would you be talking about?

Frank

No list. You can get as crazy as you like. (Wiring, cannon plugs etc.) You'll spend 6 hours chasing 5 oz. of wire. Not worth it.

Ejection stuff has been removed by some guys. Including the barrel (pipe), the canopy jett. mechanisim.

They made aluminum blocks that bolt above the seat rails to hold you in the cockpit.

We removed, VHF radios, 2 invedrtors, IFF unit, ADF, 3 or 4 boxes in front of the front instrument panel against the fire wall. I actually removed the RMI which got rid of all the stuff on the lower side wall, left rear cockpit. Out an Electric DG in.

Of course I put 83 pounds of lead in the nose cone. Good trade off.

Don't forget the steel plates in the tail that can come out. That will help a little with W&B.

Have fun. Good winter project!
[quote]
---

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
Back to top
czech6(at)kellin.net
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Equipment Reply with quote

Aircraft left. The very last "round" inspection door at the tail. Look inside, you will see them bolted to the aft bulk head. About 14 pounds. It helps because its the only thing you can remove aft of the CG.
[quote] ---

- The Matronics L29-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?L29-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> L29-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours