Lakeland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RVSouthEast-List
sportav8r(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:58 am    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

Who's in for Sun n Fun this year? I think I will try hard to make it, since I need to make some fish-or-cut-bait decisions on an IFR avionics suite for the plane that I really don't want to put off till OSH.

I wish the vendors would come to your door with sample cases and strut their stuff; it would make avionics shopping a lot easier. Waiting in line 5-deep to talk to them at trade shows really bites. Fortunately, there's the internet and forums that help somewhat.

Best I can tell, I'm looking for an approach-certified GPS/nav/comm/ILS/GS that retails for more than my plane cost me altogether so far. That's a head-scratcher of a dilemma. If you see a nervous-looking guy selling Garmin GNS-480's out of the back of a van, put me on him; he's got the price I'm looking for Wink

-Stormy

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List
Back to top
Larry Bowen

Location: NC, USA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

I'm planning to go.

If you are willing to wait until later in the show, the crowds may be
thinner.......

-
Larry Bowen
Larry(at)BowenAero.com
http://BowenAero.com

[quote] --

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List

_________________
Larry Bowen
RV-8 SOLD,
RV-7QB in progress...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sportav8r(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

Larry,

I just took some snow pix of Stormy's aerodrome; remind me how to post them to bowenaero?

do not archive

--

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List
Back to top
Larry Bowen

Location: NC, USA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:40 am    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

Follow the link to the pictures, sign in with the std serv user/password,
and upload away. Or, send them to me and I'll do the same.

-
Larry Bowen
Larry(at)BowenAero.com
http://BowenAero.com

[quote] --

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List

_________________
Larry Bowen
RV-8 SOLD,
RV-7QB in progress...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
tadsargent(at)bellsouth.n
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

I'm in for Florida
Tad
[quote]
From: "Larry Bowen" <Larry(at)bowenaero.com>
Date: 2006/02/12 Sun AM 08:13:30 EST
To: <rvsoutheast-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: RE: Lakeland

I'm planning to go.

If you are willing to wait until later in the show, the crowds may be
thinner.......

-
Larry Bowen
Larry(at)BowenAero.com
http://BowenAero.com

> --

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List
Back to top
Dale Ensing

Location: Aero Plantation Weddington NC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

I plan to to go to SNF. Does the SERV group usually camp at SNF?
Dale Ensing

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List

_________________
Dale Ensing
RV-6A
Aero Plantation
Weddington NC
Larry Bowen

Location: NC, USA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

I've enjoyed camping in the past and I know a couple other do too. There
are also some that prefer to camp at Holiday Inn....

-
Larry Bowen
Larry(at)BowenAero.com
http://BowenAero.com

[quote] --

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List

_________________
Larry Bowen
RV-8 SOLD,
RV-7QB in progress...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
WVSWIFT(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

Tad: Will you have your 40 hrs flown off by Sun N Fun?
Remember, Stantons BBQ from Goose Creek is 51.6 miles. Just over the limit.
Eddie

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List
Back to top
tadsargent(at)bellsouth.n
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

Yes I will have the hours by then. Thanks for the heads up on the distance to Stauntons. I decided not to go based on the distance last week. That decision may not have made the SERV site.
Thanks again
Tad
Quote:

From: WVSWIFT(at)aol.com
Date: 2006/02/12 Sun AM 11:32:56 EST
To: rvsoutheast-list(at)matronics.com

Tad: Will you have your 40 hrs flown off by Sun N Fun?
Remember, Stantons BBQ from Goose Creek is 51.6 miles. Just over the limit.
Eddie

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List
Back to top
sportav8r(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

Last year, I _was_ the SERV group at SnF. (Flew down with a bunch'a damn yankees from OVRV Wink

Yeah, we camped.

-Stormy

do not archive

--

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List
Back to top
sportav8r(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

Should'a asked for a custom-mapped flight test area, Tad. I asked for and got one from my FSDO. Worked all the details out beforehand with a real nice FAA guy named Eddie Wink

-Stormy

--

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List
Back to top
Steve Glasgow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

Cappy and the GIB will probably camp. The HI is probably booked already.
---

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List

_________________
Steve Glasgow-Cappy
Cappy's Toy
RV-8 N123SG
dwmillsap(at)netzero.net
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

Dennis has to be in Orlando that week on business with his ROTC cadets (it's Arnold Air Society National Convention), so he's going to spend 2-3 days at LAL following that trip, and will camp. Since Mallory's in college now, we'll be staying here. (c:
Lori

-- "Steve Glasgow" <willfly(at)carolina.rr.com> wrote:

Cappy and the GIB will probably camp. The HI is probably booked already.
---

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List
Back to top
ceengland(at)bellsouth.ne
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

Well, MS is probably a bit of a stretch to be 'southeast', but I was
there for a few days. Sorry I missed you.

Might bring the wife this year; she hasn't been in a few years & is
"rearin' to go".

Charlie

sportav8r(at)aol.com wrote:

[quote]

Last year, I _was_ the SERV group at SnF. (Flew down with a bunch'a damn yankees from OVRV Wink

Yeah, we camped.

-Stormy

do not archive

--

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List
Back to top
sportav8r(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject: Lakeland Reply with quote

No oversight intended, Charlie. Sorry I missed you, too.

--

- The Matronics RVSouthEast-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RVSouthEast-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RVSouthEast-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours