Construction Manual ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
ding(at)tbscc.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Construction Manual ? Reply with quote

I keep hearing about the "Construction Manual". I picked up my 601 kit at Zenith last Monday. I asked Nick where the construction manual was, and he gave me a puzzled look and referred me to the drawings, which I already have. Is there more? I have no "page 11" in my drawings.
Lynn Dingfelder
Corry, PA

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Back to top
p.mulwitz(at)worldnet.att
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Construction Manual ? Reply with quote

The Construction Manual everyone talks about could be the photo
assembly guide that comes on CDROM with your plans. You can also
download it, one chapter or part of a chapter at a time, from ZAC's
web site. You will need builder access to the site to get past the
password protection. You can get the password from ZAC either
through an email request to info(at)zenithair.com or on the phone.

The actual manual files can be found at
http://www.zenithair.com/zodiac/xl/xl-up-manuals.html.

There is also a "Construction Manual" which you should have picked up
with your plans. Each one has a serial number on the bottom of the
cover page. I presume the serial number will be the same as the one
on your
plans.
Mine is edition 2.0 dated January 23, 2003 and has 18 pages. This is
a very important part of the official design documentation since it
defines the construction techniques and standards used throughout the project.

Good luck with your project.

Paul
XL wings

-

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Back to top
Larry McFarland

Location: East Moline, Illinois

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Construction Manual ? Reply with quote

Lynn,
You and Nick have a disconnect in communication somewhere. The drawings
are accompanied by a rather good construction manual, a CD and lots
of pictorial content. You should revisit what you received and then
express more clearly what you're missing. I'm sure there's just a
misunderstanding
here. Stay cool,,,,,,,

Larry McFarland
do not archive

lynn dingfelder wrote:

Quote:

I keep hearing about the "Construction Manual". I picked up my 601 kit at Zenith last Monday. I asked Nick where the construction manual was, and he gave me a puzzled look and referred me to the drawings, which I already have. Is there more? I have no "page 11" in my drawings.
Lynn Dingfelder
Corry, PA

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

_________________
Larry McFarland - 601HDS - Stratus
davevanlanen(at)sbcglobal
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Construction Manual ? Reply with quote

Hi Lynn,

When I ordered my 601 XL kit, Zenith sent me the plans ahead of time, packed
in a box. Along with the plans was a white 1" soft-cover 3-ring binder. On
the inside of the front cover is a CD containing the Photo Assembly Guides.
In this binder are a number of things: A a page with check boxes indicating
that I received the drawings, construction manual with weight & balance
form, and CD-ROM photo assembly guide. Next is an introductory one page
letter to the new builder, containing your aircraft's serial number. Next
is a page regarding customer service, the Zenair newsletter, EAA, and the
Zenith builder network. The next page has some information on the Zenair
News newsletter. The next page has a Zenith order form. Then there is an
18 page "Construction Manual". It contains general information that should
be read prior to starting building, such as working tolerances, edge
distances (for riveting), information on aluminum materials used in the
kits, information on hardware and blind rivets, guidelines for working with
sheet metal and tools, deburring techniques, corrosion protection, etc. If
you attended the workshop, you will notice that the information in this
manual overlaps quite a bit with the information found in the rudder
workshop manual, althought there are some differences.

I hope this helps. I've gotten a lot of help so far from the fine folks on
this list site, so I'd like to be able to start giving back once in awhile.

Dave Van Lanen
Madison, WI
601 XL - FINALLY started building (stabilizer) yesterday

Time: 08:59:55 PM PST US
From: "lynn dingfelder" <ding(at)tbscc.com>
Subject: Construction Manual ?

I keep hearing about the "Construction Manual". I picked up my 601
kit at Zenith last Monday. I asked Nick where the construction manual was,
and he gave me a puzzled look and referred me to the drawings, which I
already have.
Is there more? I have no "page 11" in my drawings.
Lynn
Dingfelder
Corry, PA

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Back to top
rjscep(at)yahoo.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Construction Manual ? Reply with quote

Quote:
By the way, like to know how many women involved in
building Zeniths no offense to you Lynn just would
like to know that women are intersted in building
and flying the 601 & 701...Thanks to all, B Sceppa

--- Larry McFarland <larrymc(at)qconline.com> wrote:

Quote:

<larrymc(at)qconline.com>

Lynn,
You and Nick have a disconnect in communication
somewhere. The drawings
are accompanied by a rather good construction
manual, a CD and lots
of pictorial content. You should revisit what you
received and then
express more clearly what you're missing. I'm sure
there's just a
misunderstanding
here. Stay cool,,,,,,,

Larry McFarland
do not archive

lynn dingfelder wrote:

dingfelder" <ding(at)tbscc.com>

> I keep hearing about the "Construction
Manual". I picked up my 601 kit at Zenith last
Monday. I asked Nick where the construction manual
was, and he gave me a puzzled look and referred me
to the drawings, which I already have. Is there
more? I have no "page 11" in my drawings.

Lynn Dingfelder

Corry, PA

browse
Subscriptions page,
FAQ,
http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

Admin.

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Back to top
ding(at)tbscc.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Construction Manual ? Reply with quote

Dave, Robert and Larry,
Thanks for the responses. I finally found what I was needing.
I have to plead guilty to not examining the CD well enough, the info is all
there. Nick didn't happen to point out that the CD contained the step by
step procedures (or I didn't understand him correctly).
Inventory complete, and ready to start pullin' rivits!
Well, maybe that's an exaggeration, but I'm at least ready to start some
serious head scratchin'
I can't enlighten the list as for as female involvement.
I've been getting mailed Victorias Secret catalogs most of my life, but I'm
male. (I still look at the catalogs!)
Lynn
Corry, PA

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Back to top
Trainnut01(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:58 am    Post subject: Construction Manual ? Reply with quote

Lynn
I understand fully. I love those catalogs too!
Carroll Jernigan
601XL Waiting on wing kit.

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours