mod 72

danny shepherd

Location: north Wales, United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:47 am    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

Any one received mod 72 yet. My engine's hanging off, and I'm reamed and
ready. Smile

Danny G-c.e.r.i

Paul Boulet

Location: Malibu, California

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

reamed and ready? Sheesh.... what is the world coming too!

LMAO in Malibu

Paul Boulet, N914PB

DuaneFamly(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

Ordered two weeks ago and nothing yet. I would be interested in whether or not they have shipped.

Do Not Archive

Mike Duane A207A
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Jabiru 3300
Sensenich R64Z N
Ground Adjustable Prop

nwcmc(at)tiscali.co.uk
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

You will be waiting a while yet. The factory placed an order for 400 pairs a few weeks ago. To my knowledge no one in the UK has received parts yet.

On the basis that the mod only has to be completed within 25 flying hours anyone with a flying aircraft may wish to delay preparation for the mod until they know the parts have been shipped.

Nigel Charles

Ordered two weeks ago and nothing yet. I would be interested in whether or not they have shipped.

Do Not Archive

Mike Duane A207A
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Jabiru 3300
Sensenich R64Z N
Ground Adjustable Prop

[quote]

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List">http://www.matronhref="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com

[b]

brian(at)mycarpetsource.c
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

Recieved an e-mail from Roger Bull this morning that expressed hope he could ship them in a week. I asked him in a e-mail the specs on the inserts but recieved no reply on the matter. Seems it would be simple to make your own with proper specs and a lathe. I'm down and ready too since I just completed annual inpection. I wonder how long it will take once they leave the U.K.. Every pretty day gone by hurts a little more.
As soon as I button up and go flying they will arrive. If I stay down and wait it will drag on past Sun-N-Fun. Thats just the way my luck goes.
Visit - www.EuropaOwners.org

tony.bale(at)virgin.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

Interesting question Danny, I ordered the mod almost three weeks ago and
was told 10 days, I rang end of last week to be told 10-15 days, the
explanation being - because thats how long it takes !!! for a couple of
tubes ??.

I often wondered why people were looking to source components elsewhere, as
I believed we should support the new organisation, however with service
like this you have to wonder.

Hope this is the only problem we have with Europa.

Any one received mod 72 yet. My engine's hanging off, and I'm reamed and
ready. Smile

Danny G-c.e.r.i

kpaviat(at)verizon.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

Hello Nigel!
Does anybody there know what the material and dimensions for the inserts should be? We just might be better off getting a few pieces machined locally (and quickly).
Thanks!
Kim Prout [quote][b]

karelvranken(at)hotmail.c
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

I also ordered a few weeks ago. But Roger Bull may serve you first for my
part. You are the kind of man who is even making his children himself
without needing a woman if you can get the specs.
Best regards,
Karel Vranken, # 447 F-PKRL

SPurpura(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

I used some 3/4 or 5/8 od solid rod,fit was good. [quote][b]

hagargs(at)earthlink.net
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

I'm ordering 3/4" 4130 tubing 3/16 wall and turning it down to 16.5 mm. Length to suite the distance to just shy of the through bolts going into the fuselage.

Steve Hagar
hagargs(at)earthlink.net (hagargs(at)earthlink.net)

fklein(at)orcasonline.com
Guest

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:55 pm    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

While I do not mean to denigrate in any way the various approaches
which have been suggested to deal w/ the structural deficiency which
mod 72 is intended to correct, what comes up for me is an appreciation
of the amount of work which Europa04 has done to ensure the integrity
of the aircraft. I'm imagining the design calculations, the paperwork
for the PFA, and testing and the real costs associated therewith. The
costs of the hardware is negligible.

My concern is that I think the Europa design loses value if there is an
awareness in the experimental/homebuilt aircraft community that the
engine mounting frames were cracking and guys took it upon themselves
to install one or another kind of a fix of their own design. it seems
to me that it would be far more preferable for the story to be that
there were some failures in the engine mount, the problem was addressed
by E04, a fix was designed, tested, and approved, and every Europa
flying has had the mod installed.

I feel it is a huge benefit to me that E04 exists and continues to
service the design and kits sold by the predecessor company; I want to
support them to remain in business, and I don't begrudge them the 15
pounds for a couple of sleeves.

..just my 2 cents (or 15 pounds) worth of opinion....

Fred
A194

rick(at)amimotormanagemen
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

Sounds good to me.
Rick
G-RIKS

Trevpond(at)aol.com
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

Quite right Fred.

Trev Pond
G-LINN

r.collings(at)onetel.net
Guest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

I would also like to put my 2 pence in , it strikes me that a lot of
members/owner don't appreciate the work that Europa 04 does and waste an
awful lot of time trying to reinvent the wheel so to speak! If you have any
doubts regarding Mod 72 why not ring Roger at E04 he won't bit!
Richard Collings Kit 458 with an awfull lot to do.

kpaviat(at)verizon.net
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: mod 72 Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, Steve.
kp [quote][b]