rudder cable fairings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
armywrights(at)adelphia.n
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: rudder cable fairings Reply with quote

Did any you who used the fairings install them during the initial tailcone build?  Right now I’m thinking about waiting ‘til later so I can see just how I need to leave clearance for the cable exit.  Is this necessary?  If you waited ‘til later, how hard was the install?  I’m planning on riveting the ones on the aft tailcone.

Rob

#392 ready to rivet tailcone starting tomorrow!

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Tim(at)MyRV10.com
Guest

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: rudder cable fairings Reply with quote

Waited for later. Not hard at all. Either will work.

Tim Olson -- RV-10 #40170
Current section: Final Assembly
DO NOT ARCHIVE

#392 ready to rivet tailcone starting tomorrow!

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
LarryRosen

Location: Medford, NJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: rudder cable fairings Reply with quote

I agree with Tim. There is access from the top to buck the rivets and
waiting until later will allow you to align the fairing with the cable exit.

Larry Rosen
http://lrosen.nerv10.com
Quote:

Robert G. Wright wrote:

> Did any you who used the fairings install them during the initial
> tailcone build? Right now I’m thinking about waiting ‘til later so I
> can see just how I need to leave clearance for the cable exit. Is
> this necessary? If you waited ‘til later, how hard was the install?
> I’m planning on riveting the ones on the aft tailcone.
>

> Rob
>

> #392 ready to rivet tailcone starting tomorrow!

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

_________________
Larry Rosen
#40356
N205EN (reserved)
<http>
armywrights(at)adelphia.n
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: rudder cable fairings Reply with quote

Thanks Tim and Larry for the reinforcement. Do not archive

Rob

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
jesse(at)itecusa.org
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: rudder cable fairings Reply with quote

Did ya'll make the plates flush with the skin or did you just let it sit
outside the skin and dimple the rivets?

Jesse Saint
I-TEC, Inc.
jesse(at)itecusa.org
www.itecusa.org
Fax: 815-377-3694

I am in Ecuador until May, 2006. If you have questions regarding I-TEC,
please call the office at 352-465-4545. If you would like to talk to me,
please call me at 352-505-1899. This number won't always be on, but it has
voicemail that will get to me in Ecuador.

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
Tim(at)MyRV10.com
Guest

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:26 pm    Post subject: rudder cable fairings Reply with quote

Just left them outside.
Jesse Saint wrote:
[quote]

Did ya'll make the plates flush with the skin or did you just let it sit
outside the skin and dimple the rivets?

Jesse Saint
I-TEC, Inc.
jesse(at)itecusa.org
www.itecusa.org
Fax: 815-377-3694

I am in Ecuador until May, 2006. If you have questions regarding I-TEC,
please call the office at 352-465-4545. If you would like to talk to me,
please call me at 352-505-1899. This number won't always be on, but it has
voicemail that will get to me in Ecuador.

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Back to top
LarryRosen

Location: Medford, NJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: rudder cable fairings Reply with quote

I will leave them outside. Another note, if you do wait until after the
tailcone is assembled you will need a pop rivet dimpler to dimple the
tailcone skin.

Larry

Jesse Saint wrote:

[...]

CJohnston(at)popsound.com
Guest

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: rudder cable fairings Reply with quote

I had this question some time back, and I ended up putting the fairings
on before the final assembly of the tailcone. Access is a bit limited
for what I had in mind, so that's what I did. I figured out that if I
put the fairing where I wanted so that it captured the tubing around the
rudder cable nicely, I couldn't rivet the fairing on permanently and
pass the rudder cable through later. If I wanted the fairing on, I
would have had to put the cable in there at that time. instead, I made
the fairings removable with nutplates and screws. A bit overkill, but
it'll make it easier in the long run I think. here's a pic:

http://supercj.bizland.com/archives/2005/09/tailcone_8.html

cj
#40410
wings
www.perfectlygoodairplane.net

--

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours